What's new

Tatuaje "The Face"

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Greaaaaaaaaatt. Another mass frantic dash to get 'special' cigars. Sorry, I won't do it again. I love the Reserva line and several select others but there isn't any cigar that is worth the hype and hassle that this is going to create.
There are plenty of really great cigars that are easy to get and reasonably priced, but the chase is part of the fun. It's like pokemon cards for grown-ups.

Gotta smoke 'em all.

-Charles

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
If I could find them I would grab them in a second!

The one time I saw some Dracs I went to ask the B&M owner the price (they weren't marked) and when I went back into the humidor to grab the sticks someone had already taken them.
I know a store that still has Dracs on the shelf today!! close to a full box!!

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Something I posted on another forum.

By now all should know I do the Halloween cigar every year. I do this to have fun with the brand and at the same time create buzz. This is something I will continue to do. Last year many things caused problems this is why I am changing to something simple. For all the collectors, I am still making the funky gimmicky box and releasing it first. Then I am also releasing the same cigar two weeks later in plain boxes for people that only care about the smokes. Just under 22,000 cigars which happens to be a lot for a company my size and should be enough to make it easy to find. No spooky ticket and no giveaway. Just cigars for the holiday.

The Tatuaje Anarchy thing, I can't take credit for. I do know it will be easy to find. That's all I can say as I've been asked to keep quiet.

The NHC cigar will be easy to find as it's made for NHC only. They come in boxes of 40 but I am sure that Dan will be making samplers in different formats and the price is right.

I respect the opinions but the name calling is stupid. Don't like the product don't buy it. Don't like my marketing (which by the way , I don't know marketing) Don't buy the product. I make tons of regular production product that people can buy at a good price point that has no gimmicks tied to it.

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Here Here. Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Pete. Looking forward to them all.

Thanks for clearing the air well ahead of time.

By now all should know I do the Halloween cigar every year. I do this to have fun with the brand and at the same time create buzz. This is something I will continue to do. Last year many things caused problems this is why I am changing to something simple. For all the collectors, I am still making the funky gimmicky box and releasing it first. Then I am also releasing the same cigar two weeks later in plain boxes for people that only care about the smokes. Just under 22,000 cigars which happens to be a lot for a company my size and should be enough to make it easy to find. No spooky ticket and no giveaway. Just cigars for the holiday.

The Tatuaje Anarchy thing, I can't take credit for. I do know it will be easy to find. That's all I can say as I've been asked to keep quiet.

The NHC cigar will be easy to find as it's made for NHC only. They come in boxes of 40 but I am sure that Dan will be making samplers in different formats and the price is right.

I respect the opinions but the name calling is stupid. Don't like the product don't buy it. Don't like my marketing (which by the way , I don't know marketing) Don't buy the product. I make tons of regular production product that people can buy at a good price point that has no gimmicks tied to it.

twenty5

BoM 11/09, 4/10 BoY '10
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
Thanks Pete, I will be one of the people looking for the gimmicky boxes. I like em a lot.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I have dual sets of Monster boxes going and will be adding two more this year. The "score" is fun. Those bitching about missing out didn't try enough. With success comes haters...

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Pete
I was one of the unfortunate ones who fell short on the drac's and Boris's. New to little to late and lost out on them. I did manage to get a Drac and loved it. Because I missed out on the other box's it really doesn't matter about the box so I just wanted to say thank you very much for your plans on making them a regular production after the release. Atleaet that way I may have a chance at buying your cigars. Thank you for thinking of us regular tat smokers!

knokmdwn

La Punta
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
There are plenty of really great cigars that are easy to get and reasonably priced, but the chase is part of the fun. It's like pokemon cards for grown-ups.

Gotta smoke 'em all.

-Charles
LOL, the chase is what I personally don't like! That's just me! Each to his/her own. That's what makes the world go round right?

I am glad to see that Pete is saying that the smokes should be easier to get (if I am reading it right). As I said before, I love the Reserva line and I do have many Tats on hand.

I will get a few of his new offerings to try if they are readily available. I am just not one to jump into the 'buzz barrel'.

Pete, thanks for posting the info.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Pete for being a stand up guy. No matter what you do in life you will garner haters. The only way to not do this is to live a life under the radar and there still is no guarantee. Therefore, word for today...Shake them haters off!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Greaaaaaaaaatt. Another mass frantic dash to get 'special' cigars. Sorry, I won't do it again. I love the Reserva line and several select others but there isn't any cigar that is worth the hype and hassle that this is going to create.

Y'all just go ahead and work yourselves into a frenzy. I will be over in the corner enjoying some smokes that are easy to get and half the price.

Hell, I got Dracs and Boris that I can't even smoke yet cause they are too sick.
Every cigar you buy and smoke is out of choice. No one forced you to go to any trouble to locate Monsters last year.

I guess he should just make 200k of every cigar so that no one will ever have to do anything more than walk into a shop to buy it.

Rating - 100%
99   0   1
Its only April and this shit is already starting. I know Pete said I don't know marketing. I beg to differ. This crazy talk is awesome entertainment. As far as availability goes I have only been seriously smoking cigars for about a year now and I came across a couple of franks, a 5er of Boris and a Box plus a few Dracs. So they are not that hard to find if your patient and friendly.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Pete--so excited for The Face! And don't sweat the haters. To quote a great movie, "People are no damn good," and unless we actively try to be better, most of us end up douchebags most of the time, lol.

Your fans are with you ... 'nuf said.

There are very few haters on this forum (with the exception of that related to elitism, which has been getting worse lately). Anyone who acts like a hater is obviously new here. I've read a lot of crap about Tatuaje on other places--and that's one of the biggest reasons I just stick with BOTL: what's the purpose of hating on someone? If you don't like something, don't buy it! What's the big deal? Plus I'm an unashamed Tatuaje Fanboy, so there's that :thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Its only April and this shit is already starting. I know Pete said I don't know marketing. I beg to differ. This crazy talk is awesome entertainment. As far as availability goes I have only been seriously smoking cigars for about a year now and I came across a couple of franks, a 5er of Boris and a Box plus a few Dracs. So they are not that hard to find if your patient and friendly.
I'd say that luck in finding these is more the exception rather than the rule.

Any way we can move the discussion to the Tat Whore social group to keep the looky lous at bay?

Any one who really wants to try the Frank should just do this: Take the wrapper off a La Riqueza DC and Tainos and just rewrap the Tainos with the La Ricky wrapper.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0

Well said Pete!