What's new

Tatuaje "The Face"

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
I really don't understand all the hate against Pete and his sticks...

I look on all of the LE stuff as separate pieces of Art, from another artist that truly enjoys his craft...Each is different and unique in it's own way...Like any (good) artist, he is pushing the limits and boundaries of what has been previously accepted...

Once you start taking this stuff too seriously (and IMHO, going so far as to actually get upset and calling names is too seriously), it is defeating one of the main purposes of what cigars are made for...

Just my humble opinion, of course...

(hmmm...I feel a rant on the blog coming on...LOL!)

~brooks

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
there are always haters, and especially haters against those that are successful. just for the fact that they are successful. no one should be too successful. it's just not fair. especially to those that don't want to put it on the line to try.

issues

DPG & Tat Whore
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really don't understand all the hate against Pete and his sticks...

I look on all of the LE stuff as separate pieces of Art, from another artist that truly enjoys his craft...Each is different and unique in it's own way...Like any (good) artist, he is pushing the limits and boundaries of what has been previously accepted...

Once you start taking this stuff too seriously (and IMHO, going so far as to actually get upset and calling names is too seriously), it is defeating one of the main purposes of what cigars are made for...

Just my humble opinion, of course...

(hmmm...I feel a rant on the blog coming on...LOL!)

~brooks
And I look forward to reading it....lol

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
haters gonna hate... that's their problem not Pete's.
I really don't understand why people let something that is nothing more than a hobby to them get their panties in a bunch so much.

I don't like rocky for many reasons, his cigars included, but you don't see me jumping into every thread about his cigars and bitching about every problem I have with him. I just stay away and/or keep my mouth shut. I don't support his business because I don't like how he does things. If you don't like how Pete runs his business, STFU and don't buy his stuff.

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
IIRC Pete said the boxes were already done......But, I was also drinking beer and smoking 10 cigars that day so I am probably mistaken......

Looking forward to getting at least one "Collector" box and then some singles....

All I ask is this time have the boxes done in time to dry completely before putting the sticks in them.

knokmdwn

La Punta
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Every cigar you buy and smoke is out of choice. No one forced you to go to any trouble to locate Monsters last year.

I guess he should just make 200k of every cigar so that no one will ever have to do anything more than walk into a shop to buy it.

No one said it wasn't my choice. It was my choice. It just ended up not being my "thing".

I don't give a shit how much money Pete makes each year. Whatever he makes, I am sure he works for it and deserves it. I only speak for myself and what I am willing or not willing to do on a personal level to buy or not buy cigars.....whether they are Tats or Oliva or DE's or whatever. Sheesh, some of you guys are just too much.

I am not a hater, I don't call names and I do like Tatuaje's (most of them). If you don't like my opinion that's your problem.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
No one said it wasn't my choice. It was my choice. It just ended up not being my "thing".

I don't give a shit how much money Pete makes each year. Whatever he makes, I am sure he works for it and deserves it. I only speak for myself and what I am willing or not willing to do on a personal level to buy or not buy cigars.....whether they are Tats or Oliva or DE's or whatever. Sheesh, some of you guys are just too much.

I am not a hater, I don't call names and I do like Tatuaje's (most of them). If you don't like my opinion that's your problem.
Its completely fine that its not your thing, but maybe you should just say something like "it was too much trouble for smokes that didn't turn out to be that good, so I'm not going to try this year" instead of the way you worded it that makes it sound like you think that anyone that tries to get these again this year like some kind of idiot.

Several people have said that it isn't their thing and they aren't going to go for it this year, and that's fine, but HOW you say things counts too. Express your opinion all you want, but don't make disparaging remarks about people that disagree with you while you do it.

knokmdwn

La Punta
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Its completely fine that its not your thing, but maybe you should just say something like "it was too much trouble for smokes that didn't turn out to be that good, so I'm not going to try this year" instead of the way you worded it that makes it sound like you think that anyone that tries to get these again this year like some kind of idiot.

Several people have said that it isn't their thing and they aren't going to go for it this year, and that's fine, but HOW you say things counts too. Express your opinion all you want, but don't make disparaging remarks about people that disagree with you while you do it.
Well, I just had to go back and read my previous posts. Didn't see where I wrote anything that was a "disparaging remark" about people at all. I also didn't see anywhere that I inferred that anyone was an idiot for wanting to go after the smokes. Actually, in a second post, I clarified to ChazHollywood the sentiment of "each to his/her own". I think maybe you read into what I said in a defensive manner.

I could be a real disparaging azz right now and post something like....I will be sure to send you everything I want to say so I don't ruffle any feathers and you just tell me how I should say it..........but I won't do that. That would be uncalled for and not necessary.

The older I get, the more I have noticed that I try to eliminate hassle from my daily life. I just tend to be a happier person when I do that. This thread is becoming a bit of a hassle for me now. I don't really care much for all the verbal sparing and such. It takes too much time and energy that could be spent on my family and people that really matter to me. So.....I bid you a good night and a good weekend.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I'll just chime in on this one real quick, b/c I'm both a lover of Tats...and also someone who has personally known Ray (Knokmdown) for quite a while (virtually that is...I've never had the priviledge to meet him in person, but have dealt with him MANY times in trades/RAOKs etc.).

Ray is about as FAR from a Tat hater as anyone who has posted in this thread. He loves the brand and buys WAYYY more than I do...which is NOT a small amount mind you...LOL!

He just dislikes' the chase. That's his opinion. Everyone is entitled to one.

I, for one, will more than likely end up with a box or two of these bad boys in my humi :nodlaugh:

Now let's just get back to talkin' about cigars, and let the jibbin' be for those who are the REAL haters out there.....b/c Ray certainly ain't one of em'.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
How about this time you get ME a box so I dont have to jack with it?

:wink:

I'll just chime in on this one real quick, b/c I'm both a lover of Tats...and also someone who has personally known Ray (Knokmdown) for quite a while (virtually that is...I've never had the priviledge to meet him in person, but have dealt with him MANY times in trades/RAOKs etc.).

Ray is about as FAR from a Tat hater as anyone who has posted in this thread. He loves the brand and buys WAYYY more than I do...which is NOT a small amount mind you...LOL!

He just dislikes' the chase. That's his opinion. Everyone is entitled to one.

I, for one, will more than likely end up with a box or two of these bad boys in my humi :nodlaugh:

Now let's just get back to talkin' about cigars, and let the jibbin' be for those who are the REAL haters out there.....b/c Ray certainly ain't one of em'.

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
Kyle, TJ, and Ray... U guys are F'n Hilarious!:headroll:

Kyle... way to step up and diffuse the "Funk"!:thumbsup:

And Ray i'm with you bro.... A man's opinion is just that. "His opinion"!:ccool: