What's new

the OE15 Dog Rocket Challenge!!!

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
This thread has been very entertaining so far. I would like to join in with a review, but the closest thing i have to a rocket is a Siboney by AB, and theyre actually not bad.

So since i have no dog rockets (thats not a hint btw), then I will match whatever amount is raised here and donate it to Operation Esteli

Keep up the good work gentlemen!

Edit: Some people are prone to overlook very important details lol
This is AWESOME!!! Thank you, brother - it's good to know that I'm not the only one who gets a kick out of dog rocket reviews, but more importantly, it's great to see such a boost for the effort here.

I'm looking forward to seeing what this thread can do for the kids by the end of the month, so let's all smoke something nasty to keep the momentum going!

SouthernerInSask

© MCMLXI
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Know, what? I think I have a Duque. I've needed an excuse to smoke a dog rocket lately.
Acids, Thrills gum & now a Duque? Geeze man youre a trooper!

Duque? WTH is that?
Only one of the most vile & nasty sticks ever. Pronounced Do-kay but should be pronounced Do-kee

these guys pretty much nailed my experience with it

Last edited:

c.ortiz108

The fly in the ointment.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
This thread has been very entertaining so far. I would like to join in with a review, but the closest thing i have to a rocket is a Siboney by AB, and theyre actually not bad.

So since i have no dog rockets (thats not a hint btw), then I will match whatever amount is raised here and donate it to Operation Esteli

Keep up the good work gentlemen!

Edit: Some people are prone to overlook very important details lol
I was so going to bomb you with the nastiest bunch of dog rockets you ever saw, until I saw the part about the matching donation. I figure your generosity exempts you from such a "gift."

Now that my cold is finally gone, I'm looking forward to smoking some foul piece of shit for those kids in Esteli.

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
First of all, thanks to @multi-useless for giving me a reason to smoke this. THE DUQUE!
Dukay, dukee? Screw that, I'm an American, and I call this "the Duke". For now at least.

First impression, it smells like paper and is very vainy, but the color is consistant. I must add that I'm sick (one of the reasons I decided to smoke this), and my palate is a bit off. But, lets smoke it anyways as the cold may help.

First impression, it's not that bad, medium bodied with a hint of acidity and kind of taste likes toast.

fast forward 20 minutes, and blah. Acidity is at 90%. Am I just sick or is it this cigar that is making my quesy? At this point I'm done, and wondering if this cigar truly sucks or is it because I'm sick? To figure it out, I (kick myself for going more expensive) smoke this:

roma craft has saved me. Yes, even though I'm ill, this cigar tastes great and the Duke (duque, whatever) is garbage. Unfortunately, I had to bring in a higher priced cigar to save me so the $1 price tag is meaningless now. This is the only Duke I now recognize:

Last edited:

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I was so going to bomb you with the nastiest bunch of dog rockets you ever saw, until I saw the part about the matching donation. I figure your generosity exempts you from such a "gift."

Now that my cold is finally gone, I'm looking forward to smoking some foul piece of shit for those kids in Esteli.
Now that your cold is gone? That's what these smokes are for. Having a cold or banging on deaths door makes them better. At least I think:depressed:

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Acids, Thrills gum & now a Duque? Geeze man youre a trooper!

Only one of the most vile & nasty sticks ever. Pronounced Do-kay but should be pronounced Do-kee

these guys pretty much nailed my experience with it
Yeah, the things I do for this place. With as much damage as the guys here have done to me, I feel my expense for charity and enjoyment is worth it.
Now I have an excuse to smoke my Ron Mexico.

SouthernerInSask

© MCMLXI
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Nice review on the Duque Eric! Sounds like theyre still as tasty as ever!

Now I have an excuse to smoke my Ron Mexico.
ok now youre just downright being a glutton for punishment lol

So since i have no dog rockets (thats not a hint btw),
did I just hear some one needs some dog rockets?
Guys that really was not a hint to send me rockets! Im not trying to use reverse psychology here LOL. Been smoking over 6 years & finally got my stash almost clean of rockets....almost...

i found these in the bottom of the cooler a while ago. if yall think these would be classified as rockets, then i will burn them when i can & post reviews....

Las Cabrillas churchill
Santa Rosa corona
Pliedes Overuns Cruzeros long skinny cigar? (7.5" x 42)

Last edited:

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Nice review on the Duque Eric! Sounds like theyre still as tasty as ever!

ok now youre just downright being a glutton for punishment lol

Guys that really was not a hint to send me rockets! Im not trying to use reverse psychology here LOL. Been smoking over 6 years & finally got my stash almost clean of rockets....almost...

i found these in the bottom of the cooler a while ago. if yall think these would be classified as rockets, then i will burn them when i can & post reviews....

Las Cabrillas churchill
Santa Rosa corona
Pliedes Overuns Cruzeros long skinny cigar? (7.5" x 42)
I thought the Las Cabrillas actually was OK for a milder smoke. However, that cruzeros looks like a rocket.

SouthernerInSask

© MCMLXI
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I thought the Las Cabrillas actually was OK for a milder smoke. However, that cruzeros looks like a rocket.
The reviews I read for the Las Cabrillas sounded like it was an ok smoke, so maybe it cant be classified as a dog rocket.

Cant find much on the other two, so I will count the Cruzeros as meeting requirements & wait for opinions on the Santa Rosa. I should be able to get a review on the Cruzeros today or tomorrow.

At least this way I wont be stuck on the sidelines watching you guys take all the hits lol

SouthernerInSask

© MCMLXI
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I havent done a review in several years, so I really hope Im able to pinpoint the flavors in this stick, and convey them accurately so that the reader feels as if they are here smoking it right alongside me. But not too close.

Ok todays smoke is the wonderful Pleiades Overruns - Cruzeros in about a 7.5" x 42 size. I cant find much about it online, they were supposed to have been aging for 11 years back when they were being sold in 2010 or 2011, so its probably almost old enough to get its drivers license now.

Prelight it smells like old hay & tobacco. Light it up without toasting, in between my puffs a thick black smoke comes off the foot of it, kind of like the smokestack on the 18 wheelers back in the 70's.
Im kind of cheating here, because im mowing the lawn while im smoking this...

1/3 stats out with a little bitterness (probably from lighting it), and a mix of hay & tobacco (sounds familiar)

2/3 continues and transitions in flavors of hay and tobacco, and a bonus of kind of nutty taste

The red object in the background is the worlds largest red paperclip, which if youre not familiar with it, has an amazing story behind it.

down to 3/3 now, and as you probably guessed, more hay and tobacco, and occasionally the nutty taste

I smoked about 15 more minutes, until it reached the band. The flavor stayed the same but seemed to be putting out a good bit of nicotine. It is not enjoyable at this point, so I lay it down.

This was not a terrible stick, nor was it an overly good one.Very one dimensional. It stayed burning the whole time I was mowing & weedwhacking, and kept a very nice burn line the whole time until I put it down.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I havent done a review in several years, so I really hope Im able to pinpoint the flavors in this stick, and convey them accurately so that the reader feels as if they are here smoking it right alongside me. But not too close.

Ok todays smoke is the wonderful Pleiades Overruns - Cruzeros in about a 7.5" x 42 size. I cant find much about it online, they were supposed to have been aging for 11 years back when they were being sold in 2010 or 2011, so its probably almost old enough to get its drivers license now.

Prelight it smells like old hay & tobacco. Light it up without toasting, in between my puffs a thick black smoke comes off the foot of it, kind of like the smokestack on the 18 wheelers back in the 70's.
Im kind of cheating here, because im mowing the lawn while im smoking this...

1/3 stats out with a little bitterness (probably from lighting it), and a mix of hay & tobacco (sounds familiar)

2/3 continues and transitions in flavors of hay and tobacco, and a bonus of kind of nutty taste

The red object in the background is the worlds largest red paperclip, which if youre not familiar with it, has an amazing story behind it.

down to 3/3 now, and as you probably guessed, more hay and tobacco, and occasionally the nutty taste

I smoked about 15 more minutes, until it reached the band. The flavor stayed the same but seemed to be putting out a good bit of nicotine. It is not enjoyable at this point, so I lay it down.

This was not a terrible stick, nor was it an overly good one.Very one dimensional. It stayed burning the whole time I was mowing & weedwhacking, and kept a very nice burn line the whole time until I put it down.
Well shit... if my co-sponsoring brother is smoking dog rockets too, I guess I'm on the hook to do the same...

In keeping with the fun spirit of the thread, I'm gonna let the brothers decide my fate for me. I have some pretty nasty stuff - off the top of my head, I have Ron Mexicos, Hesitant Pirates, Panama Red #5... Oh yeah, some Duque torpedos... (F*ck you cbid, I was drunk and you coerced me with your low prices, to get me to put those disgusting things in my mouth...) Anyway, there's also a few liquor stores around here with some typical discount cigars, and I'm sure @luckysaturn13 has plenty of nasty that he'd be happy to impose upon me...

So let's hear it bros - what's the worst cigar you can think of, that needs to be reviewed here?