What's new

"The Walking Dead" On AMC

Flyer75

Flyer Faithful
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm not familiar with the comics but I enjoyed season one quite a bit. First episode last week was good.

I've also checked out An American Horror Story...pretty bizarre.

smelvis

Not part of the clique
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I have to say....I really hate all of you. After reading this thread and still feeling a little iffy on the show, I was convinced in Chat to watch an episode or two of Season 1. Well, I noticed it was on Netflix around 2 am....and fell asleep at 6 am. I'm now on Episode 4 and, to my dismay, greatly enjoy the show. Now my productivity has sunk even lower.

I woke up at 4 pm and....immediately hit the Netflix again.
I hear ya I record on my DVR and don't delete and have watched it at least twice so far. LOL

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
OK all I have to chime in.

I watched the end of season one again right before the season opener to refresh myself.

Anyway the 90 minute show was a bit of a joke. The fist 60 minutes were pretty good and going where I was hopeing it would go. But the last 30 minutes was one big chase and commercials every 5 minutes. The commericals were killing me.

Here is to hoping next weeks show is better...

Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I was fine with the season opener. I like how they are taking their time with the story & not trying to rush too many things in at once. Just like Breaking Bad started this season slow, but kept building up to an amazing finale; I think that's where Walking Dead is headed.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are 13 episodes this season so I assumed they would take it a little slower then thy did in the first. That being said the search for the little girl was flat out borring. If you guys are into the whole zombie survival thing. There are a lot of great books out there that are a million times more thrilling then the movies. Its more about survival then zombies. They are just a permanent obstical in a new way of life and it's fun to see the degradation of society... Anyways

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
OK all I have to chime in.

I watched the end of season one again right before the season opener to refresh myself.

Anyway the 90 minute show was a bit of a joke. The fist 60 minutes were pretty good and going where I was hopeing it would go. But the last 30 minutes was one big chase and commercials every 5 minutes. The commericals were killing me.

Here is to hoping next weeks show is better...

You know, I though exactly the same thing. It seemed the whole thing just dragged out, like the were making it so, to ride off the popularity and get in my advertising. It was rather disappointing. Maybe it was for some character development, but it just seemed all about finding the lost girl. It seemed those church scenes just kept going and going. And watching the end, you just knew something was going to happen right there. I was expecting some zombie to come out and attack the deer and boy.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
The season premier was a let down for us and the commercials were ridiculous. It seemed for ever 2 minutes of show there was 5 minutes of commercials. The episode itself was kind of lame as well. We watched the marathon and was expecting more from the season premier. We still enjoyed it but I hope it improves and can't wait to watch tomorrow night.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I think most agree that premier was a let down. Thank god I watched it the following day w/o commercials. I think I would have been x2 disappointed if I had to watch it with interruptions. Today is the day ... ;)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess the opener WAS a bit slow. Still, with the Gerber product placement (and use), and the ending, not too bad.

And yeah, i´m pretty sure Merl Dixon will be back this season.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess the opener WAS a bit slow. Still, with the Gerber product placement (and use), and the ending, not too bad.

And yeah, i´m pretty sure Merl Dixon will be back this season. :peace:

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
Last night was OK.

I found it interesting that they got hungup at that house where his son was having the surgery and they never really spoke about what they are doing there or how long they were there etc etc.

Again, for a 60 minute show only about two questions got answered. Plus, now they are having flashbacks. reminds be of Lost - I really hope the show does not turn into Lost. Wasted too much time watching that show to be let down.

FireDoc83

Cigar Assassin
Rating - 98.5%
108   1   0
Ok well this weekend I watched all of last season (surprised only 6 episodes) and the first two of this season. I do have to say this series has good potential, even though I am getting all zombied out (like vampires in the 90s). I enjoy the suspense, the flashbacks are cool to help build the characters but hopefully they do not go overboard with them. I would like to see the writers go deeper into the story line. But I do have to say I am hooked just to see how this all turns out...

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
I think most agree that premier was a let down. Thank god I watched it the following day w/o commercials. I think I would have been x2 disappointed if I had to watch it with interruptions. Today is the day ... ;)
I'm just dvr'ing the show so I can skip the commercials and watch it the next day. I wish they would hurry up and progress towards there mission...writters need to pick up the pace or I have a feeling veiwers will start to bail. I love the show but even I'm getting impatient.

USCG Cigar Newb

USCG Cigar Newb
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
This season has been a let down so far...not nearly as good as first in my mind, just drawing everything out... It is still my go to show though when I head outside for a smoke (watch it online)

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
This season has been a let down so far...not nearly as good as first in my mind, just drawing everything out... It is still my go to show though when I head outside for a smoke (watch it online)
Agreed, so slow. Your better off watching the last five minites of each episode. There just seems to be so much less going on?