What's new

The "What should I buy/try next?" Tobacco Thread

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
No kidding, right? I just recently got 5 lbs of leaf then I read BH's posts and already I'm thinking "Oh, I've got to order some of that!"
Smooth and mild isn't my preferred profile, but that Mata Fina does it so well it's one I have to keep on hand. Still haven't tested any blends with it, but if I can't find a good blend I will just use it on its own.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I needed more ligero and wrapper, and dying to try some corojo to go with all the criollo seco and viso I have, so got some WLT corojo ligero - but not really clear what his Honduras habano wrapper is all about. Anybody tried it? Couldn't resist the price for wrapper.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I needed more ligero and wrapper, and dying to try some corojo to go with all the criollo seco and viso I have, so got some WLT corojo ligero - but not really clear what his Honduras habano wrapper is all about. Anybody tried it? Couldn't resist the price for wrapper.
Haven't tried that wrapper but the corojo/criollo combo with a broadleaf wrapper is a winning combo in my book

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't tried that wrapper but the corojo/criollo combo with a broadleaf wrapper is a winning combo in my book
That's what I hear! I just might have enough broadleaf left to try a few for myself and wish I'd gotten more instead of the Honduran :) Do you like that blend fresh, too? Have you tried other combos you weren't so crazy about fresh but loved them after some time in the humidor? Or vice versa, even?

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
That's what I hear! I just might have enough broadleaf left to try a few for myself and wish I'd gotten more instead of the Honduran :) Do you like that blend fresh, too? Have you tried other combos you weren't so crazy about fresh but loved them after some time in the humidor? Or vice versa, even?
That blend I like anywhere past 1 month, most other blends I feel need around 2 months rest before they are prime to smoke with the leaf we buy from WLT and LO. My marshmallow blend I like as early as 2 weeks post roll and I haven't really been able to manage to save any past a few months so I can't really say how well they age. I have seen vast improvements on pretty much all my blends with age but I haven't had a single blend get worse with time.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Pretty sure it was LO, but it seems they have a couple of them. Any broadleaf preference?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Unlike BH I didn't care for the LO CBL offerings. Coulda been I was using it with other bad leaf, I'm not sure. That's back when I was mixing all kinds of leaf and never knew what was fucking up my blends.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I dunno, LeafOnly has been on my black list ever since a purely miserable experience with those rascals my first attempt at rolling. But, time passes, things change, thought I'd give them another go here this month. I'm going to try various 1/4 lb samples. Then I'm also looking at two binders: Nicaraguan and Columbian. Anyone here have experience of both those? Can you advise me what they taste like, which is better, and, most especially, whether they burn well? Remember, I live in burn challenged Dull-Aware.

TIA

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
I dunno, LeafOnly has been on my black list ever since a purely miserable experience with those rascals my first attempt at rolling. But, time passes, things change, thought I'd give them another go here this month. I'm going to try various 1/4 lb samples. Then I'm also looking at two binders: Nicaraguan and Columbian. Anyone here have experience of both those? Can you advise me what they taste like, which is better, and, most especially, whether they burn well? Remember, I live in burn challenged Dull-Aware.

TIA
The Colombian seco is earthy, grassy, and hay-like, the binder will probably impart that too. Not sure about the Nicaraguan, i think @nic might use it though

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

nic

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
So are you using Dominican binder only?
I use Dominican binder in my Dominican/Cameroon blend. I have been using Ecuadorian binder from Jorge on my Nicaraguan blend, but I ran out, so I've been using up some of the partial bags I have, the LO Nicaraguan binder/wrapper being one of them. I just rolled 8 of my Nicaraguan blend using CT2LS from LO. I'm hoping that it isn't horrible since I have a bunch of it.

Last edited: