What's new

The "What should I buy/try next?" Tobacco Thread

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I'm fortunate with my regular day job to have downtime between work calls to bunch and wrap cigars. I only get in 10-15 a day on average, but it adds up
Schidt. If I can get 10 to 15 a week, that's an excellent week. I banged out four last night, just cause I was tired of working. Shoulda kept on working.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Heartbroken!

Yesterday, I ran out of my staple H2K wrapper leaf. That stuff was primo. Dark tan color, thin, strong, flexible, small-veined, tastylicious. Opened two new bags of what purported to be H2k that I had stashed away ... both are huge-veined, thick, coarse, dark brown, nowhere near so strong. They may be the same seed; but they are definitely a different country or a different year or some such. The old leaf conformed to a perfecto shape damn nice compared to this stuff.

Anybody know where I can get the old style stuff? Is there any left? Have some you'd be ready to sell me?

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I only have the LO Ecuadorian H2k and don't know how it compares to what you had from WLT. I do love the stuff though and the veins are small like what you are describing. If you want to try a small bit before placing an order with them I can certainly help you out. I'm bummed I wasn't able to jump on the WLT sale, funds just weren't there yet to take advantage. Oh well

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I only have the LO Ecuadorian H2k and don't know how it compares to what you had from WLT. I do love the stuff though and the veins are small like what you are describing. If you want to try a small bit before placing an order with them I can certainly help you out. I'm bummed I wasn't able to jump on the WLT sale, funds just weren't there yet to take advantage. Oh well

How bout this idea... I'll buy some hooligans, you wrap them in leaves, we both get happy? Or maybe we can work out some other swap?
Could not find a simple button named "private message" so I started a conversation Find my cell number there and ping me. I'm about to jump on my murdersickle and ride home, so wait a few before you call.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
How bout this idea... I'll buy some hooligans, you wrap them in leaves, we both get happy? Or maybe we can work out some other swap?
Could not find a simple button named "private message" so I started a conversation Find my cell number there and ping me. I'm about to jump on my murdersickle and ride home, so wait a few before you call.
Got me some Nic wrapper sampulars on the way from LO. Prolly take a week and a half to get here, slow's they ship. Hate to see the old H2k go. Way life goes, I guess.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Got me some Nic wrapper sampulars on the way from LO. Prolly take a week and a half to get here, slow's they ship. Hate to see the old H2k go. Way life goes, I guess.
Actually, got here a lot quicker than last time. Arrived today. Big, soft leaves. Have to get into them this weekend, to see if they turn out holey or wrapperific.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So far, predominantly wrapperific. Prepped some Ec seco, Ec viso, Nic last night. Have not yet prepped the Ec ligero. Bunched up four test blanks just now. Half each of LO Honduran seco, viso, & ligero, with one small WLT criollo 98 seco, in a half leaf Nic binder. That's a lot of leaves for an Uppowoc Perfecto; so I'm pinching off any knotty tails. Gonna prep the ligero wrapper now. Leterr this afternoon, I oughta be able to wrap these four blanks, one of each wrapper. If only it cools down enough to smoke out on the porch....

stifling out there.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Corojo Oscuro wrapper, you say?
I've used a good bit of it. I wouldn't call it burny; but then, I'm in Dull-Aware, which is pretty much a steambath this time of year. In fact, I gheed a couple corojo oscuro sticks the other day, to see if that would improve flammability. Tried one last night. Pure tunnel. I think the ghee actually worked backwards. Stead of improving burn, it uninflammablated the damn thing.

It sure looks nice, tho, and it's strong. I can shoot you some out, if you want.

Last edited: