What's new

The "What should I buy/try next?" Tobacco Thread

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I use Dominican binder in my Dominican/Cameroon blend. I have been using Ecuadorian binder from Jorge on my Nicaraguan blend, but I ran out, so I've been using up some of the partial bags I have, the LO Nicaraguan binder/wrapper being one of them. I just rolled 8 of my Nicaraguan blend using CT2LS from LO. I'm hoping that it isn't horrible since I have a bunch of it.
I can't remember which CT I've been getting from LO, but it is a damn fine wrapper. Super stretchy and a silky/velvet texture and a real pleasant broadleaf flavor. I like LOs Dominican binder quite a bit. It is small so there isn't much waste and it is very thin so it burns well and I find the flavor to be pretty neutral so your filler and wrapper are the show

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Almost exactly how I would describe the CT2LS I binded with last night. Not sure on the flavor, but the aroma was wonderful.
I've been using the CT1LS, just went back and checked. Still have to do some more sample testing with it, but I think I prefer that wrapper on my marshmallow blend over the PA broadleaf. I need to roll up some more with the CBL to compare and be sure. I like working with the CBL much more. The veins are much smaller and it is a cleaner/shinier looking leaf. Toothy as all hell when you get a good stretch on it. If you like broadleaf wrappers I suggest grabbing a sample and giving it a try.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So how about the LeafOnly Honduran seco, viso, and ligero? I like a good Honduran cigar. I know shops that turn up their noses at them. I don't know why. Anyone rate these leaves?

One of my favorite faves is the Don Benigno petite robusto. I'd go for some of those type leaves... but I've never seen leaves from Costa Rica for sale. Know where to get some?

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
So how about the LeafOnly Honduran seco, viso, and ligero? I like a good Honduran cigar. I know shops that turn up their noses at them. I don't know why. Anyone rate these leaves?

One of my favorite faves is the Don Benigno petite robusto. I'd go for some of those type leaves... but I've never seen leaves from Costa Rica for sale. Know where to get some?
Honduran filler in the LP9.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Honduran was not my favorite. However, their Colombian seco has a nice 'horseshityness' that I like. The Dominican seco and Nic seco are the same as WLT and of the two I prefer the Dominican.

One of my all time favorite wrappers is the Brazilian. Thin, delicate with small veins and burns nice with mild woodiness. Medium brown color. I use this all the time for blend testing as it's mild mannered.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I've both. Can send you a few leaves if you want to try them out before buying.

The PA broad binder I got is super easy to work with. But the leaves are a bit thick for my prob in Dull-Aware, where burn is always an issue. I've seen more combustible PA leaves, tho; so it might just be the batch I got. FX Smith's Sons, for instance, uses PA binder almost exclusively, and those machine made gars burn like champs.

Habano 2000 is my fave fave favorite wrapper. Love the stuff. Super flexible, stretchy, and resilient. Dries down tight and burns well. Plus I love the flavor to death. I heartily recommend this stuff.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I remember there was a earlier Pa broadleaf that was heavier then the current Pa binder offering at WLT. I like the milder binder myself. as mild as Pa broadleaf could be. It's just not a mild leaf. I like to use it in small amounts as a filler. As little as 0.25 grams. The lamina with out the lateral veining.

H2K is one of the kindest leaves I've seen. webmost has it right.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
FYI.. @ WLT
"Free Cigar Tobacco 7-25-16 thru 7-31-16 12:00 midnight EST. Buy any four 1 lb. bags of Cigar Filler tobaccos and get the 5th pound FREE. Write a note in the Special Instruction at check-out with the one type of Cigar Filler you want. Your selection must be equal to or less than the tobaccos ordered. This offer does not include cigar Wrapper or Binder."
http://www.wholeleaftobacco.com/Cigar-Filler_c34.htm

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
FYI.. @ WLT
"Free Cigar Tobacco 7-25-16 thru 7-31-16 12:00 midnight EST. Buy any four 1 lb. bags of Cigar Filler tobaccos and get the 5th pound FREE. Write a note in the Special Instruction at check-out with the one type of Cigar Filler you want. Your selection must be equal to or less than the tobaccos ordered. This offer does not include cigar Wrapper or Binder."
http://www.wholeleaftobacco.com/

HOLEEE CRAP!

I'd intended to go light this month, but how do you pass this up? Just leave it in the sealed bag and stash it for the inevitable tobaccolypse... Don's stuff lasts forever in the bag.

Thanks for the heads up, Marc

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
HOLEEE CRAP!

I'd intended to go light this month, but how do you pass this up? Just leave it in the sealed bag and stash it for the inevitable tobaccolypse... Don's stuff lasts forever in the bag.

Thanks for the heads up, Marc
I didn't notice any kind of announcement at all. I don't know why he wouldn't want to say something..

Is there such a thing as to much poundage at this point. I don't know.. I remember a time when, maybe a little extra can't hurt, was the thing. ...

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I didn't notice any kind of announcement at all. I don't know why he wouldn't want to say something..

Is there such a thing as to much poundage at this point. I don't know.. I remember a time when, maybe a little extra can't hurt, was the thing. ...
No such thing as too much, especially with how fast I wind up rolling through it. Now to come up with some coin by the 31st to make this happen

Rating - 100%
6   0   0

I posted an announcement there for him

Of course there is such a thing as too much. For example, the storage bin in my closet is overflowing, I can't get the lid on my 52 qt coolidor to stay shut without setting the 48 quart coolidor on top of it, with a mold on that to keep its lid closed. Likewise the Coleman stacker holding wrapper has to hold the lid down on the Coleman stacker holding filler. There's more leaf in with the aging bin, and other leaf in with the FX Smith's samples. I think I left something out... but can't remember where.

but.... Just ordered more. Why? A little bit extra can't hurt.

This keeps up, I may be diagnosed with that dreaded LAS -- Leaf Acquisition Syndrome.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I only wish I had time to roll them all.
On the flip side, if I ever lose my job, to where I can no longer afford to smoke cigars, I'll have the fixins, the time to roll, and the time to smoke.