What's new

Today's Bourbon

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I started heavy into the ryes, but found the straight bourbons are more my jam. But those single barrel 10+ year Whistlepig picks....those are amazing. And the heat belies the proof on all of them. If you get a chance at one of those it's worth a try, Carlos.
This right here. I kinda hate Ryes, but there’s a few that completely turn my preference upside down. Whistlepig picks being one.

Then OF rye. Minty deliciousness.
Sagamore picks.
Finished High west rye. (Oddly WP 12 (finished) is kinda nasty to me...)

Whistlepig 15 and above. Amazing , but not worth the money.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Spent the weekend with buddies in Boston and had some nice pours. Little Book 4, Pinhook SiB, Stagg Jr, Booker's and a few others. Highlight was Saturday when the host opened a '20 GTS and three of us proceeded to smash the bottle (figuratively) .

Nice!! Glad you had the 2020 George T. How was it, considering the Barrel Proof palate you have developed? For they are pretty much always as good as it gets. I semi recently had the EHT Barrel Proof and it fell short of George T.

Also how do you like Pinhook? It’s pretty popular at my lounge. I hear the Barrel Proof is pretty potent stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Nice!! Glad you had the 2020 George T. How was it, considering the Barrel Proof palate you have developed? For they are pretty much always as good as it gets. I semi recently had the EHT Barrel Proof and it fell short of George T.

Also how do you like Pinhook? It’s pretty popular at my lounge. I hear the Barrel Proof is pretty potent stuff.
The GTS was delicious Matt, and I guess the age smoothed over the 130 proof so it belied its proof. Only pour I've had this year that I can say was better was William Larue Weller.

Really like the Pinhook at the price point. Not as good as the single barrel I tried a few weeks ago, but I am guessing that was a $200 bottle (at least, maybe more).

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great night at my cigar lounge. This was one of the highlights. Sunflower seeds and 3 Musketeers on the nose.

This was the other highlight. Might be the best Bottled in Bond Bourbon I’ve ever had. Never would’ve guessed considering it’s a bottle i normally walk right by. The nose brought leather, smarties, lilac and hydrangea

Way too smoky for me but I’m warming up to Peated scotches

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Met a very old friend yesterday that I haven’t seen in awhile. The plan was to have one short cigar because I already 4 the day prior and one that morning.

Flask filled with Angels Envy

Then we decided to have one more...plus a run to the nearest whiskey store since we both killed the Angels Envy

My friend left and I decided what the heck...paired nicely with the High West. I’ve only ever had one High West before and it was the Double Rye. This one (at $36) wasn’t terrible!