What's new

Today's Bourbon

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Had 30 minutes to kill while my GF was at the doctor, figured I stop by a small store I knew nearby. They rarely had anything good and I hadn’t been there for almost a year.

Fast forward, there are new owners. I saw a Boston Batch on the shelf with two more Booker’s boxes behind it. Imagine my surprise when it was a Country Ham and a Kentucky Chew. Bought the GF dinner later for making me take her to the appointment!

This afternoon popped into one of my locals and they had their Jack Daniel's Barrel Proof SiB pick, so I had to grab one of those too. I think my October budget is gone, though I have 8-10 bottles that I paid for some time ago waiting at a couple differrent pickup locations.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My weekly trip to my lounge really paid off this time. The members did not disappoint, well at least two in particular

Aged 15 Years plus a few more since he first opened it. The bottle must’ve weighed 10 pounds lol. This of course was a fan favorite.

Yours truly. As an avid Old Forester Guy, believe it or not but this was a first for me. Looking forward to Old Fine Whisky next, I heard that’s even better

Not a bourbon but if you were born blind I don’t think you’d be able to tell. Obviously this was another favorite of the night.

Currently not readily available in the states, but we have an excellent Tatuaje rep as a frequent member who loves to share his bounty.

Back of bottle. Such a well layered and complex whiskey

Very dessert like, very fruit forward.

2nd time trying and even better then I remembered. Obviously when this guy pulled this one out the members freaked. We’re a George T Stagg lounge, meaning we’ve shared quite a few bottles.

2nd time trying the Cask Strength but a completely new/old release (2016). Gotta love the packaging.

Close up. After all the heavy Proof/Age whiskey you’d like to think I was pretty hammered by nights end...you’d be actually wrong this time lol

Not pictured or sampled that night was Knob Creek Small Batch, Knob Creek Single Barrel Store Pick, Smooth Amber, Buffalo Trace, Blanton’s, Blue Run Rye (featured below).

Check out that patina

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Tried a bunch of new to me pours at a herf this weekend. Willett 8 year rye (unreal), OWA 107 SiB pick (great), Four Roses store pick (great), Russell's 10 year pick (good), Mayor Pingree (meh), Mayor Pingree Rye (blech!) and a few others I can't recall.

Little pour of the latest JDBP pick last night.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Cracked a bottle of Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit barrel pick. Hope it gets better now that it's been open. A disappointment, hot, thin and not very complex