What's new

Today's Brew (May 2005)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
I tried the lighter roast Ethiopian Harar from Brian today.

I prefer the darker roast. :thumbsup:
Thanks for the feedback Todd. I tend toward darker roasts myself. Some of the folks who've been at this a while feel that the lighter (city, full city) roasts reveal more of the origin flavors of the coffee and that it gets lost in the darker (city+, vienna) roasts. I've been experimenting with light vs. dark and am still coming up with a dark preference. There's a quality in the city roast that I think is called brightness or acidity that is prized by some but that I just haven't been able to develop a taste for. It reminds me of Folgers or something. In the end, it's just like cigars. It's all about what each of us likes. :yes:

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
I agree with the darker roast being more to my liking. I roast most everything to the start of second crack.

Cubans to the end of second crack

Jamaican and Konas midway between first and second crack.

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Zimbabwe AAA to start, then we'll do some Cuban Caracolillo. We had some special friends spend the night last night. We stayed up very late enjoying some fine sticks and telling lies.
This is the last night Lt. Commander Nik will spend in the Carolina's (after a 2 yr. tour here) as he heads off to do his XO tour on the aircraft carrier Abraham Lincoln.
It's been a pleasure to know Nik and his family and they will be sorely missed by the folks here.
I know nobody here knows Nik, but he is a great guy and a lover of fine cigars. He loves our country and has served in the Navy 20+ yrs. With folks like him serving our country and protecting us, we can all sleep better at night.

GOD bless pal, and thanks for letting me know you.

Live well, laugh often

Mad Dawg

Herf Dog
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No coffee for me since Tuesday. Do a Google search on "Norwalk virus" and you'll get a sense of what I've been through this week. Not even sure when I'll be able to enjoy my next cup.....:sadstare:

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Monkey mix.

In case you don't know, that's when you have a variety of beans leftover that are thrown together to give you enough to make a pot. It also refers to when you do a roast with the leftover beans that you do not have enough of for a whole roast by itself. The results are always interesting. Some combos work better than others. The problem is when it works, it really isn't duplicatable. Today's is a winner.

Live well, laugh often

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
You're welcome Todd. I'm glad you liked it.

After having been out and about doing some stuff, I'm just now sitting down to try my first cup of another Ethiopian. This time Yergacheffe. I'll report back on that one later.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
I haven't even gotten out of my pajamas yet, let alone had some cofee! :hysterica

I think I'll make some of your lighter roast Ethiopina Harar Horse Bbrian.

Status
Not open for further replies.