What's new

Today's Smoke (Meat Edition)

Smoqman

BoM Aug. 2014
Rating - 100%
278   0   0
Ribeye - 1.5" a 2.0"

I've been doing a reverse sear method on my oven ribeyes lately and holy crap has it worked out extremely well.

1 hour salt brine, pat dry, apply your rub and cook for 1 hour in a 275° oven (on a baking rack) We're going for an internal temperature of 125° before removing from the oven.

5 mins before taking it out of the oven, crank the stove top heat under a cast iron skillet. (She's gonna smoke!)

Add a few drops of canola oil to the skillet immediately before dropping it in - sear each side for one minute, as well as the sides.

Rest it for at least 10 mins under some loose tin foil before cutting.

The photos below are terrible, and the meat isn't as "rare" as it looks in the photo..

Smoqman

BoM Aug. 2014
Rating - 100%
278   0   0
^^ That doesn't look "rare" to me. It looks perfect!
It was unbelievably delicious, fork tender, super juicy.

That rub is fantastic as well. I wish to God I could remember the name of this super awesome brother who sent me a sample of those rubs...

I'm so terrible at remembering stuff (I'm almost as bad as @mdwest !) hahah

Anyway a great BOTL turned me onto these rubs, and I'm hooked!!

Last edited:

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Ribeye - 1.5" a 2.0"

I've been doing a reverse sear method on my oven ribeyes lately and holy crap has it worked out extremely well.

1 hour salt brine, pat dry, apply your rub and cook for 1 hour in a 275° oven (on a baking rack) We're going for an internal temperature of 125° before removing from the oven.

5 mins before taking it out of the oven, crank the stove top heat under a cast iron skillet. (She's gonna smoke!)

Add a few drops of canola oil to the skillet immediately before dropping it in - sear each side for one minute, as well as the sides.

Rest it for at least 10 mins under some loose tin foil before cutting.

The photos below are terrible, and the meat isn't as "rare" as it looks in the photo..

What's happening with that first pic @Smoqman ? Some sort of cooking or defrosting in the bag? Just curious.
Love the bacon wrap - I do the same thing to mushrooms, but never tried it with peppers...
They are delicious man, Peppers stuffed with feta wrapped in smoky bacon! Perfect teaser that cooks quick so something to dine on while you wait.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Have a little over 16 pounds of pork butt going in the smoker early in the am for dinner with friends tomorrow night and lunch/ dinner with family on Christmas.

Can you eat too much pulled pork in a 24 hour period?. I'll just take an extra simvastatin in the morning....... Wish me luck, brothers.

Merry Christmas everybody!!!!