What's new

Today's Smoke (Meat Edition)

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I think a reverse sear method would probably work awesome for elk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Well let the blood drain for 24 hrs then soaked in milk 24 hrs threw on a homemade rub. Got the smoker going with some apple chips planned to cook 4 hrs or so and was up to temp at two. If I did it over again id probally put all of the meat right over the wate r pan instead of at the top of the smoker. Came out really nice though. I have a before pic but it got ate to fast to get a nice after one lol. I perfer a beef or a pork because I like my meat juicy AND a nice char but I can't complain here...

Attachments

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Second smoked meat of the weekend. This one got done pretty quick it seemed like - about 1.5 hours. I double checked all the chickens with an instant thermometer and it definitely hit temperature. It also went from about 154 to over 160 VERY quickly! Within a matter of minutes is was up to over 165. Hopefully I didn't dry this one out. It's upstairs resting now. We're going to make a big 'ol chicken salad for dinner.

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Those look spectacular. Nicely done, sir!
Yeah this was my first crack at Beefies, very happy with the result... my conclusion is that the 3-2-1 method is idiot proof!

Are you guys familiar with it? Mine was more like 2.5 - 1.5 - 1 but the principal is great I think!

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Yeah this was my first crack at Beefies, very happy with the result... my conclusion is that the 3-2-1 method is idiot proof!

Are you guys familiar with it? Mine was more like 2.5 - 1.5 - 1 but the principal is great I think!
Yes. That's what I always do with my ribs. I've only ever done pork though. Will have to try beef sometime.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0

I agree about the 3-2-1 method. I use it every time I do ribs. Great job on your ribs.

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Smoke the ribs for 3 hours, wrap in foil for 2 hours then unwrap to finish for 1 hour.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
That's the basic principal! But as stated above @jmartins the times can vary, but essentially the smoke / flavor you get from the open grill get into the meat for the first longest session (3), then an alfoil wrapped portion for a little less time (2) which helps keep the moisture in and finish up the cook, then unwrap and generally this is where you would add your sauce if your using it, for the last hour (1), goes a nice viscosity rather than marinading for the whole cook and either burning the sauce or making a sticky chewy tooth nightmare! It's pretty much fool proof mate.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
That's the basic principal! But as stated above @jmartins the times can vary, but essentially the smoke / flavor you get from the open grill get into the meat for the first longest session (3), then an alfoil wrapped portion for a little less time (2) which helps keep the moisture in and finish up the cook, then unwrap and generally this is where you would add your sauce if your using it, for the last hour (1), goes a nice viscosity rather than marinading for the whole cook and either burning the sauce or making a sticky chewy tooth nightmare! It's pretty much fool proof mate.
Much appreciated brother I have a small electric smoker that I got free as it was being tossed so I want to start learning so I can use it. And I love jerky too.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I used to use the 3-2-1 method or for BB's 2-2-1 but I only do this method now when my wife wants ribs. She's not much on having to bite meat from the bone and likes the meat to "fall off the bone". If the ribs aren't for her I don't foil at all, just spritz every half hour or so with a mixture of Capt. Morgan and apple juice.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0

Did a 7+ pound pork butt in the electric smoker today since in was around freezing outside all day. Turned out great even though it doesn't get quite the smoke as it does with my big offset smoker. It's just too damn cold for me to fire that up in the winter as I get older .