What's new

Today's Smoke (Meat Edition)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No pic, because totally blew it. Bunch of pork medallions from Costco. preseasoned ready to go, but time frame and due to not knowing my grill time, mucked it.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Yesterday I smoked an 8 lb. butt for my oldest daughter's baby shower next weekend. Vacuum sealed and will freeze then thaw Saturday morning. While I was at it I threw a couple racks of BB's on for dinner for me and my girls...
I really need to start taking pictures, just typing words does NOTHING for effect ......

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Yesterday I smoked an 8 lb. butt for my oldest daughter's baby shower next weekend. Vacuum sealed and will freeze then thaw Saturday morning. While I was at it I threw a couple racks of BB's on for dinner for me and my girls...
I really need to start taking pictures, just typing words does NOTHING for effect ......
Yeah this post is pretty much worthless without photos for us to be jealous and to drool over.

Of course I mean that in a light hearted joking manner.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0

· 8lb brisket

· Took it out and put a rub on it about 10 hours before smoking it, wrapped it in plastic wrap. Then, right before I put it on the smoker, did another layer of rub.

· I used Oak Charcoal briquettes to start the fire, and had Kingsford all around the hot coals for the continued heat.

· I used 4 hockey puck/ baseball sized chunks of Hickory for the wood smoke.

· Let it cook for just over 8 hours at 240-250

· Then rest in cooler for 2 hours.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0

· 8lb brisket

· Took it out and put a rub on it about 10 hours before smoking it, wrapped it in plastic wrap. Then, right before I put it on the smoker, did another layer of rub.

· I used Oak Charcoal briquettes to start the fire, and had Kingsford all around the hot coals for the continued heat.

Looks great! Well done, sir.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0

· 8lb brisket

Damn look at that bark. Yummy.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Think I'm going to smoke a couple of racks of SLR's Sunday to enjoy while watching the games. Gonna do one traditional with homemade rub and sauce and I found a recipe for Korean style ribs I'm thinking about trying.
Hopefully pictures to come..............