What's new

Today's Smoke (Meat Edition)

jasonsbeer

Never Settle
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
That's quite the haul there @knw247!

I put a pork butt on for pulled pork yesterday. It's so easy and delicious. I think I could live on this stuff. I don't use rub on my pulled pork. Just throw it on the Webber to smoke it for 3 hours. I use 50/50 apple and hickory. Then it goes into the oven at 250 degs for 6 hours. Had some friends over to eat it.

Wrapped the evening with a Don Peppin Blue Label from @Lezanstar . Friend of mine on a 601 Blue Label. Great day!

IMAG1353.jpg IMAG1355.jpg

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Dang it all. Everything turned out great today. I got everything ready and served all at the same time with a house full of hungry guests and I forgot to take a picture of the finished spread before they all tore into it.
Timing is the hardes part.

Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Recipe please!

What you need:
· 2 boxes of Elbow Noodles
· Large bag of Four Cheese Mexican Blend
· 6 cans Campbell’s Cheddar
· 1 can Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom Soup
· 1/8th cup Dry rub of choice ( I use Doug’s Rub)
· ½ cup Milk
· 2 Eggs

Cook Noodles in boiling water for 7 minutes.
Place all other contents into large foil pan that will fit on smoker.
Drain noodles and add onto other stuff (don’t rinse, you want them hot.
Mix well.
Smoke over Hickory, Mesquite or other strong flavored wood at 250-300 for 45-90 minutes until desired consistency.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
What you need:
· ½ cup Milk
· 2 Eggs

Mix well.
Smoke over Hickory, Mesquite or other strong flavored wood at 250-300 for 45-90 minutes until desired consistency.
Awesome thanks!

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Smoked two slabs of BB's and one slab of STL. spares yesterday using 50/50 cherry/ pecan. Rubbed with my homemade rub. With about 45 minutes left brushed on some Sweet Baby Ray's. I like making my own sauce but SBR's is hard to beat IMHO.
I agree completely. I like making my own sauce too, I made four different ones for last weekend, but if I don't have the time or I'm just cooking for the wife and me, I always have a bottle or two of SBR's on hand.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I agree completely. I like making my own sauce too, I made four different ones for last weekend, but if I don't have the time or I'm just cooking for the wife and me, I always have a bottle or two of SBR's on hand.
I hear ya, brother. I haven't had all store bought sauces but I haven't found one I like any better.
You wouldn't mind sharing a couple sauce recipe's, would ya? I'm always looking for another good bbq sauce.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I hear ya, brother. I haven't had all store bought sauces but I haven't found one I like any better.
You wouldn't mind sharing a couple sauce recipe's, would ya? I'm always looking for another good bbq sauce.
Here are several sauces I make:
Sweet BBQ Sauce
2 cups catsup
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp molasses
2 tbsp mustard
1 tbsp bbq rub
1 tbsp Cholula sauce
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Combine all and simmer for at least 20 minutes.
It's a pretty basic, but delicious bbq sauce that goes well on anything.

Apple and molasses glaze
1/2 cup frozen apple juice concentrate
1/2 cup molasses
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup bbq sauce
Combine and simmer.
This glaze works well with ribs and chicken. I add some balsamic vinegar and put it on pork chops, or some cranberry sauce and glaze the smoked turkey breasts for Thanksgiving.

Mustard sauce
1 1/2 cups mustard
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp catsup
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cayenne
1 tsp smoked paprika
Combine and simmer.
Goes great with pulled pork. It's fantastic on chicken wings. Hell, I'll drizzle it on french fries.

Hot vinegar sauce
1 1/2 cups cider vinegar
1/2 cup hot water
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp catsup
1 tbsp salt
1 tsp cayenne
2 tsp ancho chili powder
Combine vinegar, hot water, and brown sugar. Whisk until sugar dissolves. Whisk in the remaining ingredients, and park in the fridge overnight so all the flavors combine.
This is my favorite way to dress a pulled pork sandwich. Douse it with this, put some slaw on top. Oh man!
Enjoy!

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I just found this thread and I love it. I just picked up a smoker last week and I recently made a brisket. 7.5 pounds and I started it at 4am for the party I was having. Just a simple salt and pepper rub down and I used hickory wood for the smoke.

Early morning smoke!!

6 hours into it:

The result was delicious. It was very tender and juicy. The flavor was great. Needless to say, there were no leftovers.

I enjoy cooking, here was the rest of the spread: Mac and Cheese (3 cheeses mixed with evap milk, paprika, and cayenne pepper), Baked beans with bacon, the brisket, Farm fresh corn (boiled on the cob and then fried up with onions and peppers), and lastly home made pasta salad.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Here are several sauces I make:
Sweet BBQ Sauce
2 cups catsup
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp molasses
2 tbsp mustard
1 tbsp bbq rub
1 tbsp Cholula sauce
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Combine all and simmer for at least 20 minutes.
It's a pretty basic, but delicious bbq sauce that goes well on anything.

Apple and molasses glaze
1/2 cup frozen apple juice concentrate
1/2 cup molasses
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup bbq sauce
Combine and simmer.
This glaze works well with ribs and chicken. I add some balsamic vinegar and put it on pork chops, or some cranberry sauce and glaze the smoked turkey breasts for Thanksgiving.

Mustard sauce
1 1/2 cups mustard
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp catsup
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cayenne
1 tsp smoked paprika
Combine and simmer.
Goes great with pulled pork. It's fantastic on chicken wings. Hell, I'll drizzle it on french fries.

Hot vinegar sauce
1 1/2 cups cider vinegar
1/2 cup hot water
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp catsup
1 tbsp salt
1 tsp cayenne
2 tsp ancho chili powder
Combine vinegar, hot water, and brown sugar. Whisk until sugar dissolves. Whisk in the remaining ingredients, and park in the fridge overnight so all the flavors combine.
This is my favorite way to dress a pulled pork sandwich. Douse it with this, put some slaw on top. Oh man!
Enjoy!
Thanks for these! I will do a batch of these soon. My wife loves mustard sauce and I don't have what I would call a good recipe.
Your vinegar sauce looks a lot like my finishing sauce for pulled pork.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I just found this thread and I love it. I just picked up a smoker last week and I recently made a brisket. 7.5 pounds and I started it at 4am for the party I was having. Just a simple salt and pepper rub down and I used hickory wood for the smoke.

Early morning smoke!!

6 hours into it:

The result was delicious. It was very tender and juicy. The flavor was great. Needless to say, there were no leftovers.

I enjoy cooking, here was the rest of the spread: Mac and Cheese (3 cheeses mixed with evap milk, paprika, and cayenne pepper), Baked beans with bacon, the brisket, Farm fresh corn (boiled on the cob and then fried up with onions and peppers), and lastly home made pasta salad.
Mighty fine spread, brother!
How do you like your Smoke Hollow?
I have the two burner model and love it!

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Mighty fine spread, brother!
How do you like your Smoke Hollow?
I have the two burner model and love it!
I've only used it the one time and it was great. The temp held perfect the entire cook time. The smoke box could be improved since only the back half would burn. The best part is that I bought it open box for 20 bucks. I had to fix a few things and I need to buy new racks but well worth the purchase

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I've only used it the one time and it was great. The temp held perfect the entire cook time. The smoke box could be improved since only the back half would burn. The best part is that I bought it open box for 20 bucks. I had to fix a few things and I need to buy new racks but well worth the purchase
20.00? Damn! That's a good haul. You can buy racks anywhere and cut them to size. good luck on the improvements.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
20.00? Damn! That's a good haul. You can buy racks anywhere and cut them to size. good luck on the improvements.
I don't want to hijack the thread but I frequent an online auction that deals with amazon returns. Good deals to be had but you take the risk in buying as-is. PM me if you want to know more.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
What you need:
· ½ cup Milk
· 2 Eggs

Mix well.
Yes indeedy!!! Gonna try this recipe this weekend. having a party and gonna smoke some baked beans and now some mac n cheese...oh, and ribs.