What's new

Today's Smoke (Meat Edition)

kit_luce

To the ones we can save, and those we can't.
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Do any of you have an issue with you leave in thermometer picking up your smoker temp via the cord instead of just the meat temp?

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Do any of you have an issue with you leave in thermometer picking up your smoker temp via the cord instead of just the meat temp?
I don't have that problem. I use Maverick right now, but I want my wife to get me a FireBoard temp controller for Christmas so I can monitor temps my phone.

What are you using?

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Meijer special, its wireless, I think the problem is the cable is braided stainless not silicone
I've never heard of that brand. Mine are braided stainless and not silicone. Maybe it's the wireless function not working correctly. Have you used an instant read thermometer to double check the meat probe?

kit_luce

To the ones we can save, and those we can't.
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I've never heard of that brand. Mine are braided stainless and not silicone. Maybe it's the wireless function not working correctly. Have you used an instant read thermometer to double check the meat probe?
I was seeing like 200 degrees in raw meat almost immediately after putting it on lol. Meijer special as in no name brand from the grocery store meijer lol. No big deal, just wanted to make sure I wasnt missing an obvious trick lol

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I was seeing like 200 degrees in raw meat almost immediately after putting it on lol. Meijer special as in no name brand from the grocery store meijer lol. No big deal, just wanted to make sure I wasnt missing an obvious trick lol
Mine is nothing fancy either, lowes cheapie. But i saw that issue the first couple times i used it, then realized that i did not have enough of the probe in the meat. Just a thought.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
If you do any smoking on a regular basis you owe it to yourself to get a Maverick remote therm for about 60-70 bucks. Do a little research and you will figure out which model is best for you.

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
+1 I also use the I Grill 2.
Is it just me or do batteries last forever in this thing... I've never changed the batteries in about 50 cooks since I got it.
A couple of 14hr briskets amongst them too. Good unit in my opinion and I'm happy it reads pretty accurately.

Pennywise827

Hot Ketchup
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Yeah Ive changed the batteries 3x, but Im known to leave it on for a few days...lol

Mine is also the 2. I have had mine for 5 years, already had to replace 3 of the probes, but theyre not too bad on amazon.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I use the Igrill. 4 temp probes, (1ambient, 3 meat) and its bluetooth to my phone for 100 bucks. I stopped using the maverick once I got this.
I've been looking into one of these too. But, unless I'm driving up the road to get some beers I don't need to read it on my phone. I'm still thinking about it however.
Anybody know if there on sale anywhere?