What's new

Today's workout

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The secret is to go back up every time you go down a new flight. So, down one and then back up. Then down two and up one becomes the pattern. You've increased the number of steps by quite a bit on the way down. It doesn't seem like it though because you aren't trying to climb all the flights at once.

Oh, and then you get somebody else to do the reverse pattern going up the stairs. Then, you don't have to carry the kettlebell back to the small gym.
Dude that sounds absolutely hellish. :oops:

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Dude that sounds absolutely hellish. :oops:
It was nasty. I definitely feel it today, but the feeling of embarrassing a guy 2/3 my age was worth it.

Edit:
The conversation in my head,
"God this sucks. Why the hell are you doing this? Just stop.

Nope, fuck this kid. He wants to talk like he is a bad ass. I'll humble this little ass hole."

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
It was nasty. I definitely feel it today, but the feeling of embarrassing a guy 2/3 my age was worth it.

Edit:
The conversation in my head,
"God this sucks. Why the hell are you doing this? Just stop.

Nope, fuck this kid. He wants to talk like he is a bad ass. I'll humble this little ass hole."
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Broke my half hour distance record and calorie record today on the exercise bike. 9.2 miles and 262 calories.
What do you call it @Texican.....Beer Equity?
Hah! Yup! Every calorie burned is building equity in a few beers later that day. :D

:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO: Dude, you got the bomb ass terminology on lock down!!! Glad to see Project Swole is still in full muthufuggin effizzect!!!
For sure! I hear a rumbling in the distance...must be a Gainstorm approaching. :cool:

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Lateral raises x3
Front raises x3
Arnold press x3
Upright row x3
One-arm bent over row x3
Farmer's walk x3
100 shrugs
100 Y-presses or whatever they're called
200 squats

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
My Bluetooth earbuds bit the dust after a little over two years of almost daily use, including several sessions in pouring rain. Not too bad for $25. Ordered another pair this morning because tunes are essential during workouts, especially on walks.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Seated curls x3
Concentration curls x3
Hammer curls x3
Kneeling tricep kickbacks x3
Standing tricep kickbacks x3
Close grip dumbbell press x3
Pec fly x3
Dumbbell press x3
Incline dumbbell press x3

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Standing Alternating curls x3
Concentration curls x3
Zottman curls x3
Tricep overhead extensions x3
Close-grip presses x3
Standing extensions x3
Pec fly x3
Dumbbell press x3
Incline press x3

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
30 min 9.2 miles 270 cals on the Ex Bike yesterday
30 min 9.5 miles 289 cals today.
I keep picking away at it trying to get 10 miles in 30 minutes and over 300 cals. Almost there.

BTW...I've worn size 42 shorts(I hate pants) for a year+ and 3 days ago tried my size 40's on and BAM!!! They fit great and actually have extra room in them.:D

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
30 min 9.2 miles 270 cals on the Ex Bike yesterday
30 min 9.5 miles 289 cals today.
I keep picking away at it trying to get 10 miles in 30 minutes and over 300 cals. Almost there.

BTW...I've worn size 42 shorts(I hate pants) for a year+ and 3 days ago tried my size 40's on and BAM!!! They fit great and actually have extra room in them.:D
Hell yeah! Progress!

Another member of the Shorts4Lyfe club here. In my case, multiple pairs of camo and khaki cargo shorts.

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
4 days of lunches officially prepped. Lean ground beef with brown rice. A little bit of cottage cheese brings this meal to 40g protein/400 calories.

View attachment 169748
So I had a weird idea to make my own mexican meatballs(not Albondigas). 2 lbs ground turkey, 2 eggs, Taco seasoning, yellow onion, lots of garlic, jalapeños, cilantro, and mozzarella mixed up and balled up. 400 for 30 min. I make my own salsa and put that over the top with red cabbage, lettuce and a dab of sour cream. So good!

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So I had a weird idea to make my own mexican meatballs(not Albondigas). 2 lbs ground turkey, 2 eggs, Taco seasoning, yellow onion, lots of garlic, jalapeños, cilantro, and mozzarella mixed up and balled up. 400 for 30 min. I make my own salsa and put that over the top with red cabbage, lettuce and a dab of sour cream. So good!
Nice! My wife does a very similar thing with ground turkey and it's always devoured brutally by us.