What's new

Today's workout

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hell yeah!
Getting some.
Starting Insanity was a huge wakeup call that I had grown way too comfortable in my current routine and it was stale. Should have been been a clue when I could do my 2 mile treadmill walk, 200 push-ups, 200 squats, and 60 chinups without breathing hard that it was time to increase the intensity. But instead I opted for the easy way out and just did the same thing every day while being frustrated that I wasn't reaching my goals.

Insanity Week 1 was absolutely horrible. I could barely walk. It's still awful, and I'm a panting, sweaty mess of agony every morning...but at least I'm not limping anymore :ROFLMAO:

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Starting Insanity was a huge wakeup call that I had grown way too comfortable in my current routine and it was stale. Should have been been a clue when I could do my 2 mile treadmill walk, 200 push-ups, 200 squats, and 60 chinups without breathing hard that it was time to increase the intensity. But instead I opted for the easy way out and just did the same thing every day while being frustrated that I wasn't reaching my goals.

Insanity Week 1 was absolutely horrible. I could barely walk. It's still awful, and I'm a panting, sweaty mess of agony every morning...but at least I'm not limping anymore :ROFLMAO:
Not limping anymore is a good gauge it’s working!
But seriously, good work challenging yourself.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Day 10 of Insanity - Cardio Recovery

200 push-ups
60 chinups
1 mile walked

Protein went from being delicious to gross....glad I'm almost done with this canister.

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Day 10 of Insanity - Cardio Recovery

200 push-ups
60 chinups
1 mile walked

Protein went from being delicious to gross....glad I'm almost done with this canister.
I’m glad it’s not just me.
The taste of Optimum Nutrition double rich chocolate has now become the worst part of my workouts!

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
The taste of Optimum Nutrition double rich chocolate has now become the worst part of my workouts!
The Rocky Road is better, might help to switch it up?

Heavy back day today

Olympic bar rows x 6 sets
Cable rows x 4 sets & 1 drop set
Rear delt flyes x 4 sets
T-bar rows x 5 sets

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: ON Banana Cream is my personal hell twice a day.

For some reason, the stretching has become the worst part of these workouts. I am not quite as limber as I would like....and when the stretching involves holding position for 20ish seconds...ouch.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Rest day today. Started a new small tub of protein. It's absolutely delicious so far, but I'm sure I'll be sick of it by the end of the week, as these things usually go.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
One more day and then I will have completed week 3 of Insanity. Fully loaded on creatine and every second of the day feels like I just "broke the seal" after several beers. Can't wait for that side effect to stop. Still loving the Fruit Loops protein though...

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
One more day and then I will have completed week 3 of Insanity. Fully loaded on creatine and every second of the day feels like I just "broke the seal" after several beers. Can't wait for that side effect to stop. Still loving the Fruit Loops protein though...
Nice work!
Even more impressive is that you still like the protein!

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Finally got back to a regular whizzin' schedule after the creatine load. Insanity workouts are now more than manageable, if not still difficult. That said, I have two weeks (including the "recovery" week) until month 2 starts and apparently month 2 workouts absolutely suck and make month one look like a cakewalk. Yay!

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Wow, you guys really go all in. I don't feel hardcore enough to post here. I just run and do squats xD
Plenty of benefit in running and squats. Treadmill, squats, push-ups, and pull-ups are still my go-tos.

Edit: know what you need to be part of the super hardcore workout club? Fruit Loops flavored protein.

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Wow, you guys really go all in. I don't feel hardcore enough to post here. I just run and do squats xD
You should never let someone else’s workout make you feel subpar. Do what works for you,period.

My view is this; any movement off your butt is good movement. And it’s way more than most people do, so remember that!

I started training harder for a few reasons, which I’ll get into briefly.

First, I had kids a bit later in life. I was 37 and 40 when my girls were born, and I don’t plan on “sitting it out” as they grow up. My hair may be gray, but that’s about the only sign of me being in my 40’s.

Second, just before the pandemic hit I found out about Jocko Willink. He motivated me to go a little harder and to realize that there is only 1 shot at this life, and I should make the most if it.

Third, the pandemic hit and I quickly realized there were 2 roads appearing. Sit around, play the victim, be afraid, and fall apart. Or, get off my ass and realize that this was a great time to get stronger than I have ever been. I chose the latter.
I found Wolf Brigade gym on the internet and competed their Public Assistance Project in 6 weeks. I then did it another round.
Once that wrapped up I challenged myself to 100 days in a row of movement and exercise. 30 minutes a day was the requirement, and I did it in 100 consecutive days.
During quarrantine I amassed some kettlebells, ropes for dragging/pulling/pullups/etc, a steel mace, slam ball and an 80 lb heavy bag.

Now that I’ve been getting after it like this for a while it’s a part of my routine.
To me, training is just as much about my mental health as it is my physical.
If I’m on the path and focused about training, and consistent, I am in a good place.
If I slack and get complacent, the old demons start to creep back in and well, the world doesn’t need any of that around!

Sorry if this was long-winded, bottom line, do what works for you!
And you better start posting your workouts here!