What's new

Today's workout

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Try doing half-reps. Just hang there and go up halfway and then down, but slow and controlled. Eventually you'll get to where you can knock them out. From there, you can move to pullups!
What he said!
Pullups and chinups take time to be able to do, but once you can do them you will be amazed at the results.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Ran 3 miles
60 squats
50 squats with dumbells
30 leg press squats
Almost managed six half chin-ups
Pow! Getting it!

Insanity "Recovery Week" continues.

Core Cardio & Balance
200 push-ups
60 pull-ups
2 miles

Weighed in for the first time since I started....have lost 7.5lbs and 2 inches on my waist. Not bad for 5 weeks.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Also, kinda over my pre-workout. I don't expect them to taste delicious but the gritty creatine in there that never dissolves is a PITA. At least I know they aren't lying about 3mg per scoop...

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Ran 3 miles
60 squats
50 squats with dumbells
30 leg press squats
Almost managed six half chin-ups
Boom, getting some!

Pow! Getting it!

Insanity "Recovery Week" continues.

Core Cardio & Balance
200 push-ups
60 pull-ups
2 miles

Weighed in for the first time since I started....have lost 7.5lbs and 2 inches on my waist. Not bad for 5 weeks.
Nice work!!

This morning I did 8 rounds on the heavy bag.
3 min each round with :30 sec rest between rounds.

I’m back on my self created program of 30 minutes of movement a day.
This could be weights, heavy bag, running, walking, mace swinging, hiking, etc, etc.
The main point is getting up and being mobile, which is something that is too easy to let fall to the way side as life gets busy.

I also ordered some new protein today; Rule 1 whey, lightly salted caramel flavor.
Let’s see how it goes!

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Nothing. Not a damn thing. Hitting those macros and playing Nintendo with the boy...might take a walk through the woods later but otherwise not lifting a finger. Tomorrow begins month 2 of Insanity and I'm resting up for it.

Oh, and starting a new pre-workout tomorrow as well. Hopefully this can see me through to the home stretch.

Last edited:

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
No “training” today, however, I did jack up my front porch roof and install new bases for the columns, and now I’m wrapping up prepping our laundry room to paint.
I’ve been stepping out back to swing my mace during the day. It helps keep me loose, and helps me keep from dragging ass!

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Fit Test #3 and Max Interval. To summarize, I did a freaking HOUR AND TWENTY MINUTES of Insanity this morning and fellas...I am exhausted. That was not fun. Needless to say, I don't dare Google how long these workouts are beforehand or I will be that much more intimidated before they even begin...

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Max Interval Plyo. 58 minutes of agony.

The rule is, "Extremely Painful or Extremely Long-lasting: Pick Only One". But somehow Insanity says "Nope, I think I'll take both, and super size it please".

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Back on the Public Assistance Project, which is my favorite program thus far.

Here is the link to Day 1:

I’ve completed this program 3 times.
There are 30 training days and it is designed to be done 4 days a week.
1st run I completed it in 8 weeks.
2nd time it was done in 6 weeks.
3rd time I banged it out in 5 weeks.
This round, I’m aiming for 5 days a week for a 6 week wrap up.

If anyone is interested in following along, let me know!

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Max Cardio Conditioning (47 minutes I think? Hellish but not as bad as the one yesterday)

200 push-ups
60 pull-ups
2 miles

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Max Interval Circuit. 20 more workouts left until I'm done (23 days). This has been absolute hell, but I'm looking forward to seeing my final results. My diet has been squeaky clean...literally the only "cheat" I've had since i started is one shot of vodka and one spoonful of frosted flakes (not consumed together, naturally).

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Max Interval Circuit. 20 more workouts left until I'm done (23 days). This has been absolute hell, but I'm looking forward to seeing my final results. My diet has been squeaky clean...literally the only "cheat" I've had since i started is one shot of vodka and one spoonful of frosted flakes (not consumed together, naturally).
Hell yeah, getting some!