What's new

Today's workout

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Plenty of benefit in running and squats. Treadmill, squats, push-ups, and pull-ups are still my go-tos.

Edit: know what you need to be part of the super hardcore workout club? Fruit Loops flavored protein.
@Bazillions, after reading this, yeah, Fruit Loops protein is a MUST if you want to post here!

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
If you get sucked down that rabbit hole...there are just a ridiculous amount of very specific, delicious sounding proteins out there. Most much more expensive than the big brands, of course. Saw one that IIRC was Fouad Abiad's supp line that had oatmeal cookie pieces in it or something.

Edit: lots of well-known fitness/bodybuilding pros have proprietary supplement lines...only thing that sucks is that they are usually SO damn expensive. I sometimes want to throw some support their way because I've been following them for years but then I'm like "Jaysus....$50 for a 20 serving canister of pre-workout?!!!?"

Last edited:

Bazillions

Cheeba Hawk
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should never let someone else’s workout make you feel subpar. Do what works for you,period.

My view is this; any movement off your butt is good movement. And it’s way more than most people do, so remember that!

I started training harder for a few reasons, which I’ll get into briefly.
Not long winded at all :D
Congrats on the little ones. Better late the never! It's awesome you get so much out of workouts, and yes, sometimes it definitely helps mentally.
The only reason I exercise at all is because I want to be able to eat and drink and smoke what I want xD
I do enjoy spacing out on the treadmill. No stress, no worries; wicked peaceful. And then I get a "floaty" feeling towards the end. Definitely helps after a rough day.

Thank you for the kind words :)

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I don't do drinks or powders or... fruit loops xD
I just want to stay... toned I guess. But I want to be soft, not muscular. Does that make sense 0_o
Makes total sense! Everyone has their goal aesthetic, and nobody should dictate what that is except for you.

But...weird flavored protein aside...you don't like sugary breakfast cereals?!?

Bazillions

Cheeba Hawk
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL no, I don't eat sugary cereal. I can't really take sweet things in the morning. Two hardboiled eggs and piece of bagel is the usual fair. Or like a goat cheese omelet. I have the luxury of time in the morning these days.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
LOL no, I don't eat sugary cereal. I can't really take sweet things in the morning. Two hardboiled eggs and piece of bagel is the usual fair. Or like a goat cheese omelet. I have the luxury of time in the morning these days.
To be fair, I rarely eat it except on cheat meals. But I love me some Cookie Crisp.

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Warm up
10 Anchor squat/hinge transitions
10 halo + extension
10 squats
50 jumping jacks
5 push ups
5 straight jumps
:30 sec hinged hold

The Work
Mace Complex
-2 tilted mace squats
- 6 360’s (3L, 3R)
- 4 tilted mace squats
- 8 10-2’s
- 100 jumprope
= 1 rep
Added 5 tall or short slam ball slams after each 100 jump ropes.
1:00 minute rest
Repeat for 5 rounds

2 x 10 Mace 360 > mace curl > mace 360
2 x 10 mace rear pendulum
2 x 10 mace front pendulum

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Running, running, running
50 squats
50 squats with dumbells
For shits and giggles, I managed almost 20 push-ups, but couldn't do more than one chin-up on our bar xD
Nice work!

Crushing it!

Plyometric Cardio Circuit (sucks)
200 push-ups
60 pull-ups
2 miles
Circuit training always gets me!

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Run, run, run
Got lazy with squats
Could NOT manage a 2nd pull-up. I get like forehead high and can't go any further ><

What's phrasing?
Are you doing chinups or pull-ups? I (surprisingly lol) have some relevant advice in this area as I wasn't able to do even 1 of either as of about a year ago.

Mr.Draned

The Grey Rooster
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Are you doing chinups or pull-ups? I (surprisingly lol) have some relevant advice in this area as I wasn't able to do even 1 of either as of about a year ago.
Good question!
Speaking for myself, I have always found chinups easier to do.

Also, side note.
I may have figured out how to make the protein shakes more bearable.
The other night I saw some unsweetened cocoa powder in the cupboard, so I threw in about half a tablespoon to my casein/oat milk before bed shake.
WOW!! Talk about a flavor change!
And the positive is that there is no sugar, so it’s not like I’m working against myself with this mix.
I strongly suggest this if you want some added chocolate flavor.

Last edited:

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Good question!
Speaking for myself, I have always found chinups easier to do.

Also, side note.
I may have figured out how to make the protein shakes more bearable.
The other night I saw some unsweetened cocoa powder in the cupboard, so I threw in about half a tablespoon to my casein/oat milk before bed shake.
WOW!! Talk about a flavor change!
And the positive is that there is no sugar, so it’s not like I’m working against myself with this mix.
I strongly suggest this if you want some added chocolate flavor.
That's so funny....I was about to post that I put a spoonful of peanut butter powder in my shake and it really helped matters. Gonna try cocoa powder in the morning.

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Plyometric Cardio Circuit

This is officially 4 weeks of Insanity. Next week is the "recovery" week and after that is month 2 which I am greatly in fear of. Nonetheless....bring it on!

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I don't know the difference between a chin-up and a pull-up ><
Pull-up is with your palms facing away from you (mainly involves your back muscles), chin-up is with your palms facing you (involves back muscles as well as biceps, slightly easier).