What's new

Today's workout

Texican

Suburban Legend
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I believe in taking supplements. I take many. I also believe in taking shortcuts. Furthermore, I hate having to mix multiple batches of supplements. The result? A foolish idea this morning. Something I affectionately call the "Never Again" smoothie:

2 scoops MuscleTech vanilla whey
1 scoop BCAAs
1 scoop creatine
1 scoop pre-workout (fruit punch)
2 tbsp off-brand psyllium husk (orange flavor)
Enough water to fill the shaker cup 3/4

The resulting mixture was....the consistency of cake batter and sand, with globs of slimy stuff that I guess was the psyllium. Smelled like Creamsicles, copper, and cheetos (the latter two are thanks to the "unflavored" BCAAs...they taste like chewing a multivitamin and smell like artificial cheese). Anyways...Never Again.

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I will just say, kettle bell clean and press doesn't work well with a concussion.

1 rep on each side and it felt like nap time.
.5 mile walk and then I puked. Two weeks ago I was walking five miles per day without issue.
Damn bro, have you been to the doctor? That doesn't sound good...take care.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
May I ask how you got a concussion Mike?
I had to restrain someone at work. The guy helping me didn't really help and ended up launching me, and the person I was restraining, about three feet through the air. My head broke the falling momentum of two grown men.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Resistance band work equal to 13lbs per side at full stretch.

Tricep pull down x 18
Unilateral back row wide x 18
Decline chest fly x 18
Tricep kickbacks x 18
Shoulder pulls x 12

90 seconds of standing static stretches

10 Two handed kettlebell curls
5 OHP per side
7 single handed curls/OHP super set per side
180 seconds of static stretches

My head is foggy and full of pressure. My equilibrium is off and I just want to sleep. But I freaking did it. I'm way more excited about doing something stupid than I should be.