What's new

Took the "plunge"

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Only used it once. First time I've used a jet torch. Was pretty bright outside and couldn't really see the flame. Had it turned up too high and got the cigar a tad too close and burned the wrapper. When I rolled the cigar around while lighting it, I saw where I burned the wrapper about 1/4" to 3/8" on one side. Didn't really hurt anything, though. Live and learn.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked for one of these@ Walmart today no luck. I'll have to try Walgreens I guess.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I seen fellows light sand, prime, paint, wrap with a cigar band and clear coat the one without lines in the case. Looked pretty sharp.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got one. Worked fine until I tried that mod and then it no longer worked. But I like using the Vector insert that fits my old Zippos. I've got both the single torch and the soft flame with the flint wheel.

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
What was the mod and how did it affect it? My first two lasted two years last one two weeks :( my walmart replaced the ones they had w the spark multi tool. I picked one up its doing quite well

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Are you guys joking, or this lighter really that awesome? I'm getting tired of my Little Buddy by Blazer. Any wind at all, and the damn thing goes out! How is this one with wind???
No.. not joking..

for the money, theyre one of the best torches made.. their "comet" soft flame refillable butane lighter is equally awesome if you prefer to go the soft flame route..

there are plenty of lighters with bigger tanks, that are more visually appealing, etc..etc.. and plenty that are equally reliable (at 10-20x the cost)..

but I challenge anyone to find another torch that is equally reliable.. and equally rugged (you can drop this one, beat it with a hammer, etc.. and it will continue to work..).. for $5...

Ronsons are my "go to" for throwing in tackle boxes, gun bags, truck glove boxes, traveling, etc.. If one gets lost, stolen, etc.. its just $5 to replace... and they can take some serious abuse.. and still work.. every single time..

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Still haven't bought one but that will change. I have had no luck with Xikar and have exchanged one lighter three times. The warranty is nice but I want a lighter that works. I have resorted to matches mostly now, I will be on the hunt.

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Still haven't bought one but that will change. I have had no luck with Xikar and have exchanged one lighter three times. The warranty is nice but I want a lighter that works. I have resorted to matches mostly now, I will be on the hunt.

EVERYONE DID CATCH THIS RIGHT??????

HOSHY NEEDS A RONSON!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
gotta love Canadian import taxes...

Ive been able to pick them up for $3.50 in the past.. most of the time they are between $4-$6 here depending on where you get them..

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Paul, you're not shipping with your Walgreens card? Bro don't you know you can earn points on thousands of items in store and online??
I take Bill Burr's advice:

"Do you have our little save-e save fuck-e fuck card?"

"No. No I don't"

"Well, would you like one?"

"No. No I wouldn't"

"Why not?"

"Because you're up to something! I don't know what you're up to, but I know you don't wanna make less money! Alright? Stop fuckin' with me! Just ring this up, and lemme get on with my life!!"​

Got one. Worked fine until I tried that mod and then it no longer worked. But I like using the Vector insert that fits my old Zippos. I've got both the single torch and the soft flame with the flint wheel.
Did you make sure not to lose the little rubber grommet! In the video it's black, but mine was beige. Dropped out about 12 times while I was modding.