What's new

Took the "plunge"

Rating - 100%
39   0   0

Just scored 2 of them at a local Walgreen's. They had plenty. $5.00 each here in high tax hell NY.
I just picked up 2 lighters in the exact same colors. The walgreens had 2 others, but didn't look as nice. The mods for both lighters to all of 15 minutes, and seem pretty solid so far...

Thanks guys!

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
I've had a few and did not like them but I think I'm in the minority.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I take Bill Burr's advice:

"Do you have our little save-e save fuck-e fuck card?"

"No. No I don't"

"Well, would you like one?"

"No. No I wouldn't"

"Why not?"

"Because you're up to something! I don't know what you're up to, but I know you don't wanna make less money! Alright? Stop fuckin' with me! Just ring this up, and lemme get on with my life!!"​

Did you make sure not to lose the little rubber grommet! In the video it's black, but mine was beige. Dropped out about 12 times while I was modding.
Got to love Bill Burr!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are now gone from all the walmarts in my area. You can only get disposables there now.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I HATE walmart with a passion.

But, I LOVE beer even more.

My last brew day I realized I was going to come up short on water (my well isn't compatible with brewing without a lot of treatment - cheaper to buy water) so I went to the closest place I could buy cheap water (walmart) and at the checkout I saw them... the Ronson Jetlites... I got one in a trade box a while back (and it's worked ever since), but other than that, I've never seen em in the wild. And they were priced $3.29 at the checkout line. I bought all three that were on the rack. 20 gallons of water, 3 lighters and a bag of pretzels for under $25.

Immediately disassembled and removed the spring under the "trigger" on all of them. I didn't bother removing the adjustment screw restrictor plate. Did that on the one I was gifted, and never needed to adjust the flame anyhow. If needed, I know it can be done.

These though, were matte and slab-sided. Was thinking they'd make for great projects with cigar bands and some lacquer. I may need to peek my head in the armpit that is walmart on occasion to see if there's more...

Edit: my memory failed me. In my excitement to not only find jetlites, but a slabside, and just grabbing the stack from the display, i didn't look at all of them... only one was slab sided. The others grooved... wonder if some JB Weld could solve this. I'm drunk and off work tomorrow so anything goes! Soon gonna find out.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I bought a bunch on these on eBay just so I could always find one when I needed it. I put them in both cars and have one in each of my coats a couple in the garage. They always light even after sitting for a few months between lights.