What's new

Took the "plunge"

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
I really need to try one of these! But there aren't any walmarts in NYC!
Hit up a Walgreens. They have them in every Walgreens here in Chicago.

It might be hit-or-miss near you. I was in worcester (outside of Boston) a week ago, and went to 3 Walgreens... 2 of them didn't even carry torch lighters of any sort, they only had soft flame bic lighters.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Hit up a Walgreens. They have them in every Walgreens here in Chicago.

It might be hit-or-miss near you. I was in worcester (outside of Boston) a week ago, and went to 3 Walgreens... 2 of them didn't even carry torch lighters of any sort, they only had soft flame bic lighters.

Ahhhh much thanks brother! I'll go and check it out! Hopefully it'll be a hit for me!

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Having lost my Black Label "paint brush" I read this thread and ordered 2 of these and I am happy with my purchase. Right out of the package the lighter just works. Thanks for the heads up.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
They work, but suck ass for cigars, use a cheap triple torch and forget it. It's an uncomfortable lighter to use for a long time, which it takes to light a stick right.

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Found my old ronson. It still clicks but wont light. Looking like I might get rained out today if so im going to take it apart when I get home and see what I can do with it

Bearclaw

The dude playin the dude disquised as another dude
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I bought one of these and it worked like a champ on the initial fill. I refilled after the first tank, and I cant get it to light again. It sparks a flame for an instant but wont stay lit. I've emptied and re-filled it a couple of times but it still wont light. I used vector fuel that has been 100% reliable in my other torch. Any ideas?

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I used them for a number of years. However, since I was pointed to Deal Extreme, I've never bought another. Half the price, twice the tank, same reliability. Best of all, the plastic ones don't get TSA's attention. Been a long time since I lost one at an airport; unlike a number of Ronsons. Get yourself a half-dozen of these and you'll be set for the next decade:
http://www.dx.com/p/jet-1300-c-butane-lighter-with-clear-tank-1455

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I bought one of these and it worked like a champ on the initial fill. I refilled after the first tank, and I cant get it to light again. It sparks a flame for an instant but wont stay lit. I've emptied and re-filled it a couple of times but it still wont light. I used vector fuel that has been 100% reliable in my other torch. Any ideas?
Surprisingly they work better with cheaper fluid. Mine won't work if I fill it with the xikar fluid

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Surprisingly they work better with cheaper fluid. Mine won't work if I fill it with the xikar fluid
I use Blazer fluid in mine. I'm sure there's a ton of other cheap fluid cans out there too. Just re-filled both of mine yesterday.

They just need to sit and warm up for 5 minutes or so before adjusting the flame and lighting. At least that's the case with all my lighters when I refill.