What's new

Vaporizer/Electronic Cigarette Q&A

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can see why you gave up all the other ones! I'd like to get a mech mod I don't know enough about them to pick a good one honestly, any advise you could give?

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
I learned to wrap coils on youtube. Sub-ohm vaping can be dangerous so i'd recommend getting an ohm reader, 26-28 ga kanthal wire, a good battery (i'm sure there is better than my sonys now) other than that, the mech mod itself is basically just for the battery and to supply voltage but the rba (rebuildable atomizer) is all in preference. I also use a resettable fuse for extra safety protection.Some have reservoirs like mine and some are rda which is rebuildable drip (have to drip juice every other vape). I personally like the taifun gt since it was cheap and quality. There are many good clones out there. Kayfun clones, russian 91% clones, etc are all great. I buy most of my stuff except wire at fasttech.com (ships right from china and takes ~20 days, but the prices are unbeatable) and most of accessories at kidneypuncher but there is a ton of sites out there. Youtube was vital for learning to build/not creating a short in my wrap, but it's honestly pretty simple. Oh and look for rbas with 2 posts. It gets complicated with 3 and 4 post setups.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So when it comes to the actual Mech Mod pretty much anything will do then or are there specific things to look for to find a good quality Mech? Reason I ask is cause when I look for Box Mod I have a systematic approach to doing research and testing to make sure its a quality battery before I buy it.

Rating - 94.7%
20   1   0
Just read most of this thread. I've been vaping to quit smoking cigarettes and I still have a $50 setup that I started with. Clearomizer and a decent battery. I'm loving unbandeds pipe though. I would love to figure a way to make one or buy one premade and although I don't know much about them the cotton setup has intrigued me and I would love to figure them out. I'm very much still a novice at vaping but it's done its job of dropping the cigarettes.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Just read most of this thread. I've been vaping to quit smoking cigarettes and I still have a $50 setup that I started with. Clearomizer and a decent battery. I'm loving unbandeds pipe though. I would love to figure a way to make one or buy one premade and although I don't know much about them the cotton setup has intrigued me and I would love to figure them out. I'm very much still a novice at vaping but it's done its job of dropping the cigarettes.
Erik - I started a pipe - epipe conversion, but I unknowingly selected a pipe that had too small of a bowl, which could only house a small battery (not worth the effort). But I may finish it just because.

If you know how a flashlight works, then making your own mech mod should be easy. My mech pipe mod (pics) came from epipemods.com. I also ordered another from freightrainmods, which will be a regulated VV/VW DNA40 mod (choochooo).

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been tearing up shop custom flavors lately and still holding off on mech mods till I get back stateside. Not to much longer now, just a couple months left. One of the things I really want to do is start making my own juice again now that I've gotten better references and done more research. Anyone willing to be a tester once I do?

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I've been tearing up shop custom flavors lately and still holding off on mech mods till I get back stateside. Not to much longer now, just a couple months left. One of the things I really want to do is start making my own juice again now that I've gotten better references and done more research. Anyone willing to be a tester once I do?
I'm in Doc. But no melon/cantaloupe, mint, and anise...those flavors are not for me.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To easy I've got a few recipes that I was tweaking before I left that were more on the coffee side of the house. I'm looking forward to giving it another go :cool:

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I always recommend that newbies start at http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ there is a ton of great information. There are two great threads on naturally extracted tobacco flavors. There are also a couple on making your own liquids from real tobacco.

If you want to capture more of your cigar and pipe tobacco flavors when you can't get the real thing http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-liquid-discussion/519685-natural-tobaccos-part-deux.html is a great place to start. There is a virtual treasure trove of information in there.

My personal set up is Kanger Evod 2 and T3'Ds that I rewick with cotton. For work I use an Evod battery and at home I use an MVP 2.0 VV/VW mod. Right now I'm vaping a juice made from a 5 Vegas Classic cigar. This afternoon it was Hearth & Home Sweet & Savory. I get my tobacco fix all day without the inconvenience or cost of cigarettes.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I learned to wrap coils on youtube....
Ordered my first rba's. GP Spheroid and a Kayfun Mini Ivogo 2.1 clone. Co-worker showed me how the wrap a coil, test the resistance, and wick it. Not looking to chase clouds (I don't take lung hits), just to enhance the flavors.

As far as NETs (naturally extracted tobaccos), I have given up. Without tar, it's like drinking Diet Coke. But I appreciate vaping for letting me kick my Copenhagen habit.

Found this site/guide helpful with coils...
http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Nah, NETs aren't a 100% replica of smoking. A good one will bring out all of the subtle flavors of the tobacco though. It is like stripping away the tar and tannins to find what is at the heart of the leaf. One of the things most people don't understand is, NETs take time. Just like some cigars take weeks or months to develop the full intent of the blender. A good NET can take months of "steeping" to hit that sweet spot.

MyVapeJuice.com has a ton of blends made from commercially available tobacco products. One of the things that I learned is that the CAO Italia blend she sells takes about four months to hit the sweet spot. When it does it reveals a lot about the true flavor of the cigar. You just have to thank of it as essence over experience. It isn't going to give you the full smoking experience. It can't, but it will give you the essence at the core of the experience, the flavor, and sometimes the complexity. Using her stuff actually helped me train my palette. When I got back in to cigars I could pin point flavors better because of tasting the underlying flavors without the interference of smoke, tar, and tannins.

Plus, it helped me kick my recurring cigarette habit. I actually stopped all tobacco products until I started dabbling in home brewing my own nets. The temptation was too much once the cigars and tobacco pouches started showing up in the mail. :shame: