What's new

Vendor weirdness

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without going into specifics about any particular vendors, did anyone else get a funky email today regarding credit charges for a recent purchase? It was pretty odd and I had never seen anything like it before so I wanted to see if anyone else had.
Mods if this crosses any prohibited discussion lines please delete with my apologies.

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
PM Sent...

you're not alone.

Assume this would be ok to discuss as long as the thread sticks to the specifics of the email. Sounds like a bunch of BS if you ask me....

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without going into specifics about any particular vendors, did anyone else get a funky email today regarding credit charges for a recent purchase? It was pretty odd and I had never seen anything like it before so I wanted to see if anyone else had.
Mods if this crosses any prohibited discussion lines please delete with my apologies.
I got the email also....

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Kinda curious also. Can someone just put up the content of the letter without naming vendor?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, glad to know I'm not the only one trying to figure this mess out.

I don't know if posting the content of the email would be ok or not, but in a nutshell, it acknowledges that they know I paid for a shipment, but that their processor hasn't given them my money. They want me to try to reverse the charge so that they can submit it again through a different processor. For my trouble, they will discount this and future purchases. If necessary, they would like for me to tell my credit card company that I did not receive the shipment (I did).

smelvis

Not part of the clique
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Ditto here
I have four charges to said company as a safe measure I canceled that card and am having a new one sent. If all on the up and up this is huge money to them! probably make or break money and they have been good to me so I will do whats right.

I am going into my bank Monday in person and going to have those charges reversed and after I receive the ordered which all show already shipped and after the bank reverses I will pay them their money fair is fair!!

I have one paid for with another card to the real vendor just a couple day's ago and they haven't shipped, they have my money and will have to ship that larger order first. How can this happen on this kind of scale isn't or aren't they insured or something in place to protect the vendors?

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I did not receive the e-mail. I did however have my bank put a hold on my card because they had flagged the processor earlier this week. They said this processor had a security breach and that the credit card number was compromised. They cancelled my card and issued a new one. The charges did go through because I acknowledged them as legitimate charges. It would be hard to go back on that even if the vendor did ask me. I received the package today. This was my fourth order that came with some mold. I have been giving other vendors a lot more of my money recently.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Someone said on another board they were out $700,000. I hope all works out for them. They have been a stand up vendor (with mold problems) up til now.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used that vendor extensively. Recently they switched credit card processors. I was working with them on this because all the sudden my bank started declining the purchases. I was upset because I like that vendor and authorized the purchases. My Bank (TDBANK) had flagged that card processor as often having fraud associated with it. I couldn't get my bank to authorize charges to that vendor and have been looking for another reliable source, which I haven't really found one I like yet.

I guess my bank was right. Now the vendor appears to be having problems with the processor. My friend just ordered from them on Thursday but no letter yet (they probably had it figured out by then.

The hunt begins for a new vendor of this quality.

My thought though is that if it is a scummy processor, they have your card numbers. It couldn't hurt to get a new number.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
No idea what's going on, but I see this as potential for a few people to say to themselves ... FREE CIGARS! I urge all my brothers--do not do that. If you take cigars you agreed to buy without paying for them rightfully, it's stealing, and that's wrong. So just getting this out there, not meaning to annoy anyone, but be a stand-up BOTL and pay for what you promised to pay for. Okay, sermon over, lol.

smelvis

Not part of the clique
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
No idea what's going on, but I see this as potential for a few people to say to themselves ... FREE CIGARS! I urge all my brothers--do not do that. If you take cigars you agreed to buy without paying for them rightfully, it's stealing, and that's wrong. So just getting this out there, not meaning to annoy anyone, but be a stand-up BOTL and pay for what you promised to pay for. Okay, sermon over, lol.
Ditto
I actually remember a couple people bragging that they got double the amount for free after getting those that were confiscated months latter and were quite happy.

As you said that is stealing and the rest of us will pay for it in increased charges. If you are one of these guy's :angerFU: you are crooks!

KPP

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Little misguided post here Nate.....these folks are paying. The payment processing co. is holding onto the dough. I'd assume these transactions are still going through on peoples cards...and they ARE in fact paying for them. Some were shipped/rec'd...others weren't shipped, and were held until $ rec'd...and others are still in transit.

Asking people to lie to their bank, saying they didn't get the cigars (when they did)...so the vendor can re-run the charge? Man...I don't know if the typical rule of thumb applies in that situation. You pay your money..you get your cigars. Done and done.

It's between the processing co. and the vendor IMO. Period.

I don't wanna see any business go under, but asking clients to commit fraud? Not cool whatsover.