What's new

Vendor weirdness

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Well, must not be that big of a deal if everybody is being so shady about the info, and some getting angry over just being asked. Hell, if the specific google search can't even be listed, why should I care? Obviously, we would rather a fellow BROTHER get scammed than offer up info, so I should merely go about my day and order from whomever as if it doesn't matter in the least, right? Perhaps we shouldn't even tell people not to buy from sellers on the beach in Bahama's! *Looks over his shoulder* They might get... info! *chants* Must be secretive...must be secretive....must be secretive...

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, must not be that big of a deal if everybody is being so shady about the info, and some getting angry over just being asked. Hell, if the specific google search can't even be listed, why should I care? Obviously, we would rather a fellow BROTHER get scammed than offer up info, so I should merely go about my day and order from whomever as if it doesn't matter in the least, right? Perhaps we shouldn't even tell people not to buy from sellers on the beach in Bahama's! *Looks over his shoulder* They might get... info! *chants* Must be secretive...must be secretive....must be secretive...
I buy all of my Cubans from the Bahama beach guy. Cut rate prices. I always tell Customs that I bought them from a guy on the beach and they just laugh and wave me through.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Gravity, plenty of brothers are willing to share information, in private... most just want the request to come from someone they know. What Ben is upset about is apparently a non-active member sending a PM to ask for a list of legit CC vendors and used this EIGHT MONTH OLD thread as an excuse to ask the question.

Many folks don't feel comfy giving out vendor information to people they don't know - especially non-participants on the forums.

These discussions have been had ad nauseum around here... and I'm usually in YOUR camp, actually... I'm not the super-secretive type and would rather brothers (and yes, I've made that argument before too - we say "brother" and then sometimes treat each other as lepers) buy legit product than continue to support counterfeit vendors and propagate the notion that Cuban cigars are crap because they've never actually tasted a real one.

BUT...... there are limits to this...... and a lot of guys just get BOMBARDED with the same question all the time, from people that don't truly care about participating on the forums - they just want to know where you get your CCs. That gets annoying.

Hope this thread can die now...

Cheers!
I understand that, and I understand where Ben is coming from on that. I would get agitated too if non-active members were asking about something like this on such a large scale. (I don't think I've even sent AND received 30 msgs, let alone have 30 ppl ask me something, crazy.)

It's just frustrating to see how secretive everything is though, that's all, we aren't superheros trying to save the world here, heh.

Yup, this thread dying would be a good thing....

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
It's just frustrating to see how secretive everything is though, that's all, we aren't superheros trying to save the world here, heh.
I think if you consider the fact that this post can be searched fairly easily by anyone on the web and the whole topic, States side, isn't particularly kosher probably explains the "secretive" nature of a few people. Not to use an analogy that some will take the wrong way or over analyze, if I was doing something that I technically shouldn't be doing, I wouldn't be walking up and down the street openly talking about it.... just my 2 cents and explains why I don't post openly too much on the general topic.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I think if you consider the fact that this post can be searched fairly easily by anyone on the web and the whole topic, States side, isn't particularly kosher probably explains the "secretive" nature of a few people. Not to use an analogy that some will take the wrong way or over analyze, if I was doing something that I technically shouldn't be doing, I wouldn't be walking up and down the street openly talking about it.... just my 2 cents and explains why I don't post openly too much on the general topic.
Yup, you're right, I agree.

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Must be secretive...must be secretive....must be secretive...
It is about having respect and bounderies. When I ask nicely that I dont want to be asked about this it is not open for debate! And I think this say more about you than me if that is how you fele. I have just in this forum pointed more than a few brother to the right vendors....and refered a few also to some not open for new customers.

What I strongley reacted to is not just that me asking nicely was not respected but that I was asked for a complete list of vendors!!!
You think it is easy to just become a customer at any vendor? That all it takes is a creditcard and you are good? I have participated, put in alot of time and patience to be able to become a customer at certain vendors. So dont talk that BS about me.....I am not trying to be secrative...but for me to give you a list of all my vendors it takes more than a PM for someone I have never had contact with before.

:assaultri

Rating - 100%
152   0   0
You think it is easy to just become a customer at any vendor? That all it takes is a creditcard and you are good?
I think people were just going about this the wrong way. Ben, can you please PM me your credit card number?

JDog doesn't want to tell anyone he smokes Swisher Sweets and his "vendor" is 7-11.

Wocka wocka :halfgrinw:halfgrinw

Rating - 100%
123   0   0
It is about having respect and bounderies. When I ask nicely that I dont want to be asked about this it is not open for debate! And I think this say more about you than me if that is how you fele. I have just in this forum pointed more than a few brother to the right vendors....and refered a few also to some not open for new customers.

What I strongley reacted to is not just that me asking nicely was not respected but that I was asked for a complete list of vendors!!!
You think it is easy to just become a customer at any vendor? That all it takes is a creditcard and you are good? I have participated, put in alot of time and patience to be able to become a customer at certain vendors. So dont talk that BS about me.....I am not trying to be secrative...but for me to give you a list of all my vendors it takes more than a PM for someone I have never had contact with before.

:assaultri
I believe that I am the guilty party of ruffling Ben's feathers a bit. In my defense I sent the PM as I was reading through the thread (with
much interest I might add) but hadn't gotten to the request to not PM him anymore. My bad...

Also I didn't ask for a 'complete list' of reputable vendors. I just wanted to find 2 or 3 to use and know that I am getting the real thing and not fakes. Sorry I asked...

And last but not least... I am extremely embarassed that I didn't notice that the thread was 8 months old. Wow... that's a pretty noob mistake on my part :frown:

Sorry Ben... didn't mean to offend ya

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I believe that I am the guilty party of ruffling Ben's feathers a bit. In my defense I sent the PM as I was reading through the thread (with
much interest I might add) but hadn't gotten to the request to not PM him anymore. My bad...

Also I didn't ask for a 'complete list' of reputable vendors. I just wanted to find 2 or 3 to use and know that I am getting the real thing and not fakes. Sorry I asked...

And last but not least... I am extremely embarassed that I didn't notice that the thread was 8 months old. Wow... that's a pretty noob mistake on my part :frown:

Sorry Ben... didn't mean to offend ya
I really like people that are humble, in fact.....pm inbound :) but I am warning you.....ccs......it is a slippery slope

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Ben, I'm not trying to fight with you, you can put the gun emoticons away. I would also like to make completely clear that I have never pm'd a single member on this site for info concerning where they buy cigars, so don't insinuate that was me.

I could go on, because I have a hell of a lot more to say, but I'm going to try and let this thread die. It seems like it's getting a little heated, and it is getting far to easy to hurt some thin skinned feelings.

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
JDog doesn't want to tell anyone he smokes Swisher Sweets and his "vendor" is 7-11.
:rofl: shoot... you figured me out!

I think people were just going about this the wrong way. Ben, can you please PM me your credit card number?
Better yet, ask Ben via PM for a complete list of his credit card numbers... lmao.

Alright guys. Ben, lbowles2, and Gravity are all good guys... let's move on to something more interesting... like smoking something new or an old favorite!!!