What's new

Vendor weirdness

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
No idea what's going on, but I see this as potential for a few people to say to themselves ... FREE CIGARS! I urge all my brothers--do not do that. If you take cigars you agreed to buy without paying for them rightfully, it's stealing, and that's wrong. So just getting this out there, not meaning to annoy anyone, but be a stand-up BOTL and pay for what you promised to pay for. Okay, sermon over, lol.
No. I paid for the items. They're not receivig the money from their processor that they chose to use. It's an uncomfortable situation for all involved.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got it also and I don't think this is really my problem.

This sounds like something the vendor needs to take care of, not me. I dont want to play committing possible fraud.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Little misguided post here Nate.....these folks are paying. The payment processing co. is holding onto the dough. I'd assume these transactions are still going through on peoples cards...and they ARE in fact paying for them. Some were shipped/rec'd...others weren't shipped, and were held until $ rec'd...and others are still in transit.

Asking people to lie to their bank, saying they didn't get the cigars (when they did)...so the vendor can re-run the charge? Man...I don't know if the typical rule of thumb applies in that situation. You pay your money..you get your cigars. Done and done.

It's between the processing co. and the vendor IMO. Period.

I don't wanna see any business go under, but asking clients to commit fraud? Not cool whatsover.
Asking clients to commit fraud = very wrong. I totally agree. But it would be possible for someone to call their bank and say "I didn't get these" as the vendor asked, but then NOT resubmit the payment, knowing there is nothing the vendor can do in this case. That would be two counts of very wrong, and I'd hate to see that happen, that's all. Stealing from a crook is still stealing.

I can understand the vendor asking this of people who had not yet had orders ship, but not for those who had. That's ridiculous. If these guys hadn't jumped the shark already, they certainly have now.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I haven't received the email, though the mold comment kind of gives me an idea as several people I know have had mold issues, all from the same vendor.

(Of course, I haven't ordered a ton recently either).

That being said, my Citicard offers Virtual Card Numbers... It creates a card number with a time or $$ limit (or both) that can be cancelled at any time. I use this exclusively for overseas purchases and cancel it after the vendor has been paid and I have recieved and inspected the merchandise.

If someone could PM me the vendor as well, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Suspicion confirmed. I have not done business with this vendor in quite some time due to their refusal to acknowledge moldy product. They have insisted that is was plume, even though pics of furry mold were sent by friends of mine on another forum.

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Thnx for the email, well I have always said that is a bad vendor and IMO one should expect nothing less from one of the worst vendors out there.

Asking customers to commit fraud was low even for them!!

/ Ben Bockbrännarbolmers

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same feeling. If I receive the goods after they are paid for is it wrong to reverse the charges. I do believe that I have lost my vendor. I have purchased from them and never had a problem. No mold,no long delays. Everything seemed fine. Now this. If anyone can PM me some reliable vendors out there I would appreciate it.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This is getting a ton of attention all across the forums and everybody is saying the same reason...their Vendor is holding onto the $$$ and that becomes their problem. As bad as I feel they are being cheated their recourse is like ours when it comes to being cheated...either go after them civilly or have a back up plan that doesn't ask your customer to do something fraudulent. The last thing you want to do is get your bank involved for them to reverse charges and then explain why you are doing this. First of all you tell them why and they investigate which gives them a reason to see that you "might" be buying cigars that are illegal to buy in the first place...that gives them reason to "red flag" the whole purchase and quite possibly makes them have to ID you to other authorities as having done business by purchasing illegal product. This doesn't make me all warm and fuzzy as Banks and Agencies seem to like to make reports where they don't have to pay out funds if there is something that isn't Kosher.

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I had the same feeling. If I receive the goods after they are paid for is it wrong to reverse the charges. I do believe that I have lost my vendor. I have purchased from them and never had a problem. No mold,no long delays. Everything seemed fine. Now this. If anyone can PM me some reliable vendors out there I would appreciate it.
Pm sent

/ Ben Bockbrännarbolmers

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
This doesn't make sense to ask customers to do this. Never make your problems your customers problems.

SuprHasan

I'm finished with cigars
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I got the same email.
I was charged the correct amount and had confirmation my package was shipped.
My transaction is complete. If the retailer has an issue with their payment processing facility, they need to address that themselves.

Imagine getting home from Costco and getting a call from the Accounts department asking you to reverse the charges and authorise new charges through a different payment facility because they have issues with Citibank who provides them their merchant services.
*ring ring*
"Yes, hello Costco accounts.
Yes, I was at your store 4 days ago.
Huh? Citibank didn't pass on to you the full amount? But my statement says I paid in full. If you would like a copy of my evidence, I'd be happy to provide it to you so you can present it to Citibank for investigation.
No, sorry, you'll have to talk to Citibank. I have evidence to state that you were paid in full. It seems to me that yo have an issue with your merchant services provider. This, sir, is not my problem.
Good day."
*click*

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I recieved the e-mail, but my order has shipped. Still waiting to see what the next step will be.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I don't know if the transaction/billing company also filtered exchange rate calculations to their web site, but that was an issue earlier last week, prompting this email from them:

date Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 7:09 PM
subject Order number 236282 at P********** C**** Cigars

Sep 14 (4 days ago)

Dear David,

Due to a currency exchange error, prices on our site were incorrect for order 236282. Please accept our apologies for cancelling this order.
Best regards, P**********

Never had any problem with them before. However, my business will go elsewhere for the time being.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Unfortunately they have to look at this as a cost of doing business. They chose the vendor cannot rely on their customers to try and correct something that was not the customer's fault in the first place. They should take an alternative action.

mthhurley

BoM December 2011
Rating - 100%
208   0   0
This is a sh$$ty situation for the vendor. I was shown said email yesterday by a friend and all I can say is that if I had made a recent purchase and received this message, there's no way I'm going to falsely claim fraud to help them resolve their vendor issue.

I'm more stunned that they actually asked people to do this more than anything. They've destroyed their reputation now with current and future customers. They would have been better served eating whatever loss they had and just marching forward and kept the customers blind to their back office problems.