What's new

Vendor weirdness

orangedog

Navin R Johnson
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
I don't know if the transaction/billing company also filtered exchange rate calculations to their web site, but that was an issue earlier last week, prompting this email from them:

date Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 7:09 PM
subject Order number 236282 at P********** C**** Cigars

Sep 14 (4 days ago)

Dear David,

Due to a currency exchange error, prices on our site were incorrect for order 236282. Please accept our apologies for cancelling this order.
Best regards, P**********

Never had any problem with them before. However, my business will go elsewhere for the time being.
WOW! Terrible...

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
WOW! Terrible...
well......I guess I wouldn't go so far as to call it 'terrible'. They cancelled it before I got charged. And.....I neglected to mention that the prices that day seemed, how shall I say......'uncharacteristically low'. Not giving them away, but I did sense that there was a pretty good deal in play beyond just the euro tanking. So, I guess, as is often the case, if it seemed to good to be true........

Presto

Padron Whore
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I would recommend cancelling your CC and requesting a new one if you have ordered from this vendor and they used the CC Processing Co in question. Who knows what this processing company might do with your CC#. I did this already today as I ordered something on Aug 31st, received it last Tuesday, and then got said e-mail over the weekend.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
if this is the vendor i think it is i had one hell of a time putting in my first order with them bank issues and all that, security lady at my bank knew me by first name once it was all said and done

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have at least looked at what my options might be to help them out. My card company offers the following scenarios as those in which they will dispute a charge for a customer:

• Cancellation/Returns without receiving credit
  • Quality defects for merchandise/services
  • Non-receipt of merchandise/services
  • Transaction errors (double billing or incorrect amount)
  • Unauthorized Charge
  • Charge not recognized (can't identify merchant and need more info)

All of the above require me to provide additional details to substantiate my dispute. As much as I feel badly for the vendor, I can not honestly submit a dispute for any of the reasons above. That the vendor actually wants me to tell my card company that I did not receive the goods, when in fact I did, is essentially asking me to commit fraud against my bank, and I'm not even going there.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
that jsut introduced the though of not trusting a vendor which would in turn imo cause them to lose me as a customer

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've been sitting on the sidelines since issues around this time last year, but was just thinking about jumping back in. Anyway I could get a PM from someone on who this vendor is (would like to avoid). If preferred, I'll tell someone who I'm thinking of using for their comment rather than asking someone to divulge a source.

Thanks

calgon

stevesmoke
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
can someone pm me. im not trying to jack sources. i was thinking about making my first purchase. a friend of mine gave me some sources i just want to check if one of mine is the one in discussion. i can also just tell you who i plan on using and you can say yes or no.

thanks steve

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They did make good on my latest order, came today. I'm a bit uneasy about their approach with their customers with this problem. Not sure if I would write them off yet.
They could have stiffed their customers but didn't, that is a plus, but asking to defraud the bank is troubling to say the least.

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Brothers not to be rude but I have got over 30 pms asking me about the shady vendor. Someone else's turn now :D

/ Ben Bockbrännarbolmers

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brothers not to be rude but I have got over 30 pms asking me about the shady vendor. Someone else's turn now :D

/ Ben Bockbrännarbolmers
I have shared it with a few others as well. I won't badmouth them because I have personally had good service from them, but I would Probably Encourage folks to proceed with caution if they decide to continue to use them. That said, since I am only stating the facts of their communication to me so I have no Problem whatsoever with sharing the name if anyone cares to ask me privately. Whether they remain a trustworthy vendor is a decision that is Purely up to the individual.

Presto

Padron Whore
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
It has nothing to do with your rep/trust, bro. It has to do with protecting yourself against possible losses. You can PM me and I will let you know the vendor in question, as I received "the letter" from this vendor also.

id ask but i believe i have yet the rep/trust to be asking the question up in here

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not purchased in a while and am planning on making some orders, could someone PM me what vendor this is so I can avoid them, and since my previous vendors seem to be gone, could someone also give me a recommendation

Thanks,

Rating - 100%
43   0   0

/ Ben Bockbrännarbolmers
LOL A pm would be appreciated brothers. I was thinking about ordering a little something so I'm glad I came across this thread. I've had a nasty experience with the first vendor I attempted using so I tread carefully when ordering.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To date, I have done no further business with this vendor, and I have no intentions of doing so in the future. Through PM's I have learned of many other problems that other BOTL have had with them, unrelated to this particular issue.

I am still getting PM's regarding the vendor in question & I am still more than happy to pass the information along if anyone needs to know who it is.

Rating - 100%
144   0   0
To date, I have done no further business with this vendor, and I have no intentions of doing so in the future. Through PM's I have learned of many other problems that other BOTL have had with them, unrelated to this particular issue.

I am still getting PM's regarding the vendor in question & I am still more than happy to pass the information along if anyone needs to know who it is.
Please PM so I can proceed with my future purchases accordingly. Thanks!