What's new

Watch Geeks?

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I only have one watch and it's a Seiko monster. I really like it, but the only complaint I have is that it begins to run a little fast after a couple days after being set. Is this something that can be fixed by a watch repair shop?
It sounds like it just needs to be adjusted.

How fast is it running?
Sorry, I just saw this, i notice that after being set correctly, it will begin to run about 4 minutes fast after a week..

I'm pretty sure that's within specs for the movement. I wouldn't worry about it.
No way that's in specs. I gain MAYBE 20-30 seconds a week.

It's a seiko monster. Not a omega.

I thought it was +\- ten seconds a day for the old monsters movement.
Even at 20 seconds a day, 4 minutes a week is too much. I say take it in.

Ya. Shoot. You're right. I didn't do the man correctly.
Thanks guys. Do you have a preferred Seiko repair center that you could recommend?

Is it no longer under warranty?

If it isn't make sure you won't be paying more for a service than the watches worth.
Not sure, I'll have to look at the paperwork from when I purchased it

Thanks

JLB

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Seiko sawtooth arrived today. Really nice watch. Love the case and bezel. Classy but casual. May change the strap, but unsure yet.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Unfortunately I fall into this category!

My wife says that I have far too many watches...however I'm not sure.

I love the Seiko Monster. Unfortunately I sold my BM and then lost my OM in the waters of Jamaica.

I have several vintage Seiko Divers, as well as a Rolex GMT. I'm pseudo actively seeking another watch. Has anyone seen the Hamilton Pan Europ watch? I like this watch.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
One of my everyday Invictas View attachment 38255
I have about 6 Invictas of varying types and they are really good watches. My other watches are Androids along with Movados and other more expensive watches as well. The funny thing is...I get more compliments on my less expensive watches than I do the expensive watches and at the end of the day....they all tell the same time.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
One of my everyday Invictas View attachment 38255
I have about 6 Invictas of varying types and they are really good watches. My other watches are Androids along with Movados and other more expensive watches as well. The funny thing is...I get more compliments on my less expensive watches than I do the expensive watches and at the end of the day....they all tell the same time.
Same thing happens to me this one always gets mistaken for a Rolex Daytona on first glance. I'm a plain guy I've had fancy watches but always go back to either these or my Rolex Submariner

L8A

BoM Feb '11
Rating - 99.1%
208   1   0
My everyday is the Rolex GMT II but I find myself gravitating to the vintage Constellation more and more. My grandfather left it to me years ago and he bought new around '67.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I only have one watch and it's a Seiko monster. I really like it, but the only complaint I have is that it begins to run a little fast after a couple days after being set. Is this something that can be fixed by a watch repair shop?
Yes, it can be regulated. Monsters commonly run +15 to 30+ sec per day. Unless, it is the newer gen monster, I understand that movement is much better.