What's new

Well it’s baseball season officially

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
It’s frustrating when the Cardinals refuse to admit that they need to rebuild for yet another year. I’d be much happier if they had a huge fire sale and traded away all my favorite players instead of doing another minor tweak and thinking that it will fix everything.
Yeah, it’s tough when you’re good enough to hang in there for awhile but you know you’re not good enough to get there. Great franchises have a hard time admitting they aren’t good enough.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Cardinals look like they have turned this around this year after the firing of Matheny. Lots of good young arms, gloves and bats from their minors system have played very well . Let's see if we can continue to win games, series and roll into post season.
You Cubbies fans watching this? Nervous yet? The 3 game series to end the regular season between Cards and Cubs looks like it will be a thriller for all of us.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Cardinals look like they have turned this around this year after the firing of Matheny. Lots of good young arms, gloves and bats from their minors system have played very well . Let's see if we can continue to win games, series and roll into post season.
You Cubbies fans watching this? Nervous yet? The 3 game series to end the regular season between Cards and Cubs looks like it will be a thriller for all of us.
Not nervous. Cardinals have been playing hot, but mostly against bad teams. I doubt they get much closer. Hopefully the addition of Daniel Murphy helps the Cubs score more than one run a game. (5 games with 5 solo home runs?)

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Agreed, I'm not a huge baseball fan but the Cards recent rise in the standings, the 3 way division race we have now, and remaining schedule is exciting stuff.

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
I'm more concerned about the inconsistent pitching to hitting issues the Cubs have, than the Cards. One week the pitching is rough, next week its the hitting.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Whatever happens it's setting up for some excitement for fans of both teams. We are 2.5 games back of the Cubs, but it wasn't long ago it was 8.5. I think it's going to get a lot closer and if things keep up I like our chances.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The MN Twins are having a great promotion this Saturday, August 25, 2018, by honoring Jim Thome and his 2018 induction into MLB Baseball’s Hall of Fame. Jim was the Twin’s designated hitter and a Twin for only a year and a half. His first season here was also the first season the Twins played in their new stadium, Target Field. In 2010, Thome lead the Twins with 25 home runs helping the Twins win the AL Central for the second consecutive season.

Thome became a fan favorite, if only, because he was hitting homers for us rather than against us. The Twins made a TV commercial featuring Thome dressed up as Paul Bunyan with his co-star being a live, blue-dyed bull ox in the roll of Babe The Blue Ox. Go to the link below to see the commercial.
https://www.mlb.com/twins/video/thome--babe-bobblehead-night/c-2207253083?tid=8877600

The Twins are also commemorating the celebration day with a bobblehead, based on the commercial, featuring Jim Thome and Babe.
JT-Babe.jpg

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
The MN Twins are having a great promotion this Saturday, August 25, 2018, by honoring Jim Thome and his 2018 induction into MLB Baseball’s Hall of Fame. Jim was the Twin’s designated hitter and a Twin for only a year and a half. His first season here was also the first season the Twins played in their new stadium, Target Field. In 2010, Thome lead the Twins with 25 home runs helping the Twins win the AL Central for the second consecutive season.

Thome became a fan favorite, if only, because he was hitting homers for us rather than against us. The Twins made a TV commercial featuring Thome dressed up as Paul Bunyan with his co-star being a live, blue-dyed bull ox in the roll of Babe The Blue Ox. Go to the link below to see the commercial.
https://www.mlb.com/twins/video/thome--babe-bobblehead-night/c-2207253083?tid=8877600

The Twins are also commemorating the celebration day with a bobblehead featuring Jim Thome and Babe.
View attachment 119688
That's a great story. I always liked Thome and am glad he is getting his well deserved recognition. A genuinely good guy and country strong.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
If I had a dollar for every article written this year calling my nationals the most disappointing team in baseball I could buy a new car.

Unfortunately they're all right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I think the obvious guess is Houston or Boston to take the AL and I think Houston would take that series if came down to it. But it's just a guess

Stupid Tapatalk
Boston has been crazy good all year, but Houston hasn't been playing well recently. But it will come down to who is hot at the right time. Anything can happen and that's what makes it so enjoyable for me.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Boston has been crazy good all year, but Houston hasn't been playing well recently. But it will come down to who is hot at the right time. Anything can happen and that's what makes it so enjoyable for me.
That's why I'm thinking Houston. Boston has to fall off at some point.

Stupid Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
If you had told me in March that the Whole Camel, Cole Hamels, would pitch our first complete game of the season, with Daniel "I don't agree with that lifestyle" Murphy batting leadoff, I would've bet my entire soul against you. Yet, here we are.