What's new

What do you do and what else do you do?

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I was a telephone guy for about 20 years and then got laid off. Went back to school and got my AA in Network Administration. I now work for a security firm installing the card access servers and the camera servers. I have many hobbies and fishing is the one I like the most. First it was walleye fishing and now its trolling Lake Superior for Salmon. I gave up hunting with guns and sold them all to buy camera gear. I now hunt with a Canon ;) I like getting outdoors and shooting wildlife. I also enjoy cooking, smoking meat and fish in the smoker and roasting coffee. I have been smoking cigars for about 6 months. I only have 2 a weekend so it limits my time to find out what I really like but its all good. I smoked cigs until July 1999 so I don't want get hooked again by the nicotine pull.
Awesome brother. I roast coffee too, any favorite beans you have?

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I guess I can add my info here as well.. I work for a nationwide large electronics retailer (Best Buy). Im a corp, retail support, field based employee. I have been doing that for 16/17 years and have been with the company for just under 20 (Sept will be 20). My main role is display support but my title is trainer and I can do anything from rebuild a video distribution system in a few hours to network support to train a room of over 400 (475 was my biggest crowd).
I got married in Oct of 2013 after 11 years with her. She's awesome and her name is Karen.
Speaking of names... my real name is Zdenko and I usually go by "Z" (Zed for my Canadian BOTL/SOTL).

Ive done a lot of things in my off time but the one that has stuck is riding my 07 Triumph America. Its a cruiser and has been extensively accessorized/customized. Karen rides a 13 Bonneville T100 that she got after trading in her 07 America.
Ive been into RC cars both electric and nitro, I enjoy riding my mountain bike on the paved trails (Im fat so its all I can do right now) when its not pissing rain in Seattle. I enjoy working on cars though I don't do much of that anymore. Mainly due to lack of space and that Im grown up now and have a reliable car...LOL.
Since a coupe months ago I have been enjoying scotch as well. So far my fav is Hibiki 12 with a recent gift of Glenrothes coming in a close second. Ive dabbled in bourbon as well.

Oh... I also enjoy being a smart ass! I've been doing for about 44 years now so

Almi

Jim
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Awesome brother. I roast coffee too, any favorite beans you have?
For the most part just Columbo Surpremo as my daily drink. There was a great bean from Africa that I was able to get 20 pounds but it is no longer available that was my favorite. I have not roasted in about a year. I got so busy at work that I did not want anymore things to do when I got home. I really should get downstairs and fire up the Behmor 1600.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
For the most part just Columbo Surpremo as my daily drink. There was a great bean from Africa that I was able to get 20 pounds but it is no longer available that was my favorite. I have not roasted in about a year. I got so busy at work that I did not want anymore things to do when I got home. I really should get downstairs and fire up the Behmor 1600.
You really should! I buy all my beans from sweet Maria's and am almost through my 2nd 5lb bag of Indian peaberry. I definitely suggest trying that one, it pairs excellent with cigars

Almi

Jim
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Considering that I have roasted well over 300 pounds of beans I really feel like a lazy slug. I have ordered a 50# bag but the last couple have been 25# bags. When I received the 50# it came with the original bag it was shipped in from South America. Pretty cool looking bag. Need to post a pic once again. I was getting mine from Coffee Direct. That brand from Africa may have been Ethiopian Yirgacheffe but it was some of the best tasting coffee that I have ever roasted. Might have to a 5# bag and see if it is the one. I see that prices have not got any cheaper. The 50# was less than $5.00 a pound.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm 29. Married with 3 kids. Im a union boilermaker (build and repair oil refinerys, power plants and nuclear plants..) I've been doing that for 9 years now. Things I enjoy other than cigars are going rock crawling in my toyota, building and running rc cars. Working on and riding my harley. I guess that's about it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to the board and figured I'd introduce myself. I am a family nurse practitioner in NC and this affords me a lot of free time to do things I really love which is not work and goof off. I play golf and enjoy hunting a lot. I love to rebuild stuff, and am currently working on a Jon boat repai then a 27 ft center console proline boat. At least until turkey season. I travel year.y to Ohio to hunt there also and love to meet new people to smoke with. I am married and have a 4 yr old boy and a 6 yr old girl. I love to talk guns and sports, and LOVE to horse around. Feel free to talk shit to me, I have thick skin

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I am 41 years old, married and no kids. My occupation is an accountant but I have been out of work for 2 1/2 years due to bad back problems. I have had 5 low back surgeries including 2 fusions. Lots of plates, screws, rods and titanium disc implants. Still unable to sit or stand very long and alternate between various positions in my recliner or my bed most days. My days are used up trying to deal with constant severe low back, hip and led pain. From all my surgeries, scar tissue has formed around nerves in my lower back. Have tried all different types of physical therapy, stimulators, pills, etc. Currently getting by each day with a number of meds.

But I try to remember that there are many people in much worse shape than me. I have the luxury of free time which is why I am on this site many, many times throughout the day.

While funds are very limited, thankfully my wife has a good job that has afforded me some funds for cigars. I used to do a lot of kayaking, boating, whitewater rafting, fishing, hunting and camping. I have had to give up most of those hobbies. I still fish and have a small vegetable garden each year.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Soon to be 60 in April. I work in Manhattan and live in the Pocono Mtns. I am a buyer for a large textile designer. Married with three wonderful children.
Love Camping, Sailing, Model Railroading, vegetable gardening, and cooking. Anything outdoors.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am a merchandiser/vendor for my local Anheuser-Busch distributor and have been there for almost 5 years. I build the displays you see at stores, and fill up coolers when places like Rite Aid, Walmart, Tops, Wegmans, CVS sell beer. I haven't paid for gas in 5 years, since I get a company vehicle with a gas card, and the vehicle is also my personal vehicle which we are allowed to drive anywhere within reason. My parents buy shitty foreclosed houses and restore them, and I'll help out when I get a chance. They've done around 20, and I've lived in at least 10 while working on them. I have a girlfriend of 3 years that lives with me at our cottage on Lake Ontario. She is one of my best-friends sister, so that was a tough one to tell him. No kids, but working on getting a dog. We just can't come to a decision on what to get. Her family raises Saint Bernards, so she's used to those monster dogs. I always had a Collie growing up, so I just want an active Medium size dog. So it's still TBD. I'm going to Vegas in late March for a wedding, and have never been. So I'm pretty pumped about that, and being able to smoke cigars in warm weather compared to the -10 that it was here today. I honestly hate winter and the cold and snow it brings here in WNY. I don't know why I still live here. I really would like to move, but I'm nervous I wouldn't find a job I like/pays well, with just a HS diploma and some college education. I just started smoking cigars about a year ago, and have been obsessed ever since. Like I said in my introduction to this forum, I love trying a cigar that I've never had before. I think I've smoked 20 straight cigars without repeating.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I can't believe that I have not done this yet... so here we go.
I am 35 on Saturday. Been married once before to the college sweetie but that did not work out. I did get an awesome son out of the deal though. He is 10 and gives me shit for smoking cigars "its not good for you, Dad!". But I am sure we all get that. I have been re married for 3 years in April to a girl I grew up with. She is awesome and supports my cigar obsession. No plans for more kids.
I currently live in a suburb of Joplin, MO. I was not affected by the May 22nd tornado but had a lot of friends that were. If you were one of the people that came from everywhere to help us out, Thank you! We are almost completely back to better than before.
As for my hobbies... those would be chasing little white balls around a field ( not good enough to actually call it golfing), playing horse shoes with friends, backyard bbqs all summer long and in the winter (been known to stand in the snow at the grill) working on the house and of course CIGARS.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Forgot about work and education
I have a teaching degree for elementary and put it to use daily dealing with truck drivers for an LTL company and also to anybody that might work shipping and receiving I am also the guy that corrects freight class. Sorry for your upcharge.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Hi,
I live in Tennessee, been here all my life (minus 6 years in the Army). Just recently got into cigars (about 4-5 months ago). I am a Union Pipefitter, and, even though my screen name is welder572, I don't weld anymore, can't see good enough. I am 48, married, and have two sons. Besides cigars, I trace my family tree when I have time, and have about 3,000 comic books. Also enjoy music of all kinds, but the favorite is heavy metal. Love going to concerts, been going to them since I was 16. I have seen concerts ranging from Willie Nelson and Hank Jr. to Black Sabbath and AC/DC. I have also seen Van Halen with all three lead singers (I'm getting old). I am not sure, but I think that may be the reason I have constant ringing in my ears. Very happy to be here and read what all of you have to recommend for cigars and accessories.