What's new

What do you do and what else do you do?

Beardfellows

J.D.-Chief Executive Beardfellow
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Retired from a telecommunications company in the Chicago suburbs. Moved back to rural Northern Minnesota. Too young to just sit on the porch so I decided to repair computer (lots of screwed up machines out there). Bookkeeper, president, tech guy, and "whatever else needs to be done" @ my local church. Enjoy astronomy and geology. Just started cigars and enjoying my newest hobby. Very relaxing to do some bible study, drink a beer, and smoke a fine cigar out on the deck.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Absolutely brother! Heartily agree with the compatibility of a good smoke, a good beer, and a bible. Spurgeon was probably the longest running inspiration for getting in to pipe smoking for me, and now that I've started, it makes so much more sense!

MNNorth-man

Go Bison!
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely brother! Heartily agree with the compatibility of a good smoke, a good beer, and a bible. Spurgeon was probably the longest running inspiration for getting in to pipe smoking for me, and now that I've started, it makes so much more sense!
I do not know much about Spurgeon, guess I'll have to read up on him. I am a Luther guy. One good quote from him:

“Whoever drinks beer, he is quick to sleep; whoever sleeps long, does not sin; whoever does not sin, enters Heaven! Thus, let us drink beer!”

Beardfellows

J.D.-Chief Executive Beardfellow
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not know much about Spurgeon, guess I'll have to read up on him. I am a Luther guy. One good quote from him:

“Whoever drinks beer, he is quick to sleep; whoever sleeps long, does not sin; whoever does not sin, enters Heaven! Thus, let us drink beer!”

Haha! If only I had a beer for everytime I used that quote...

Charles Spurgeon was often depicted smoking a pipe or cigar, and besides being an impressive theologian and an avid beardsman, he famously said "I intend to smoke a good cigar to the glory of God before I go to bed tonight."

You and me both C.S.!

MNNorth-man

Go Bison!
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha! If only I had a beer for everytime I used that quote...

Charles Spurgeon was often depicted smoking a pipe or cigar, and besides being an impressive theologian and an avid beardsman, he famously said "I intend to smoke a good cigar to the glory of God before I go to bed tonight."

You and me both C.S.!
I have heard that quote. Learning something new today. Have to remember and use it that next time someone complains about my cigars

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
First day on this site.
A younger cousin of mine has introduced me to this site when I showed him my first american purchases of cigars.
I just bought my first ever cigars here in the Bay Area of California, actually at West Coast Cigars. It was also my first time every walking into a cigar shop in the states. I have purchased cigars in the past, as well as been in cigar shops in El Salvador, Cancun and Cabo San Lucas.

I have been feverishly watching cuban cigar documentaries, as well as some You Tube videos of cigar trade shows to gain some introductory cigar knowledge.

I am in the world wide electromagnetic certification industry.

Other hobbies are:
Single father of 2 outstanding boys
co owner of California's 1st co op brewery
15+ years embroidering
coached and ran a very successful competitive wrestling organization for 18 years
Travel sport fishing
BBQ IMU and in ground style
New Husband!
and now a Cigar apprentice!
Thanks for having me on the site. I look forward to a new brotherhood.

Kalidonit

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'lm 32 years old and outside of smoking cigars and spending time with my wife and fur-children (dogs) I own a software company called Dealer Insights that helps car dealers measure ROI - a business intelligence type platform. We do a ton of cool stuff, and I enjoy helping them increase their sales/profit. I've been into home automation stuff lately, and am having a blast with that, as well as tacking small DIY home projects. Re-tiling my guest bathroom shower, etc.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cigars are an interesting thing all onto themselves. Different kinds, sizes, brands, countries of origin, and tastes.
But the thing I have learned on the boards are the wide variety of people that enjoy them. This is an interesting cross section of people I just wonder what everybody here does to earn money to support the habit.
I would imagine most occupations and vocations will be represented.

Part 2 of my question is what does everybody here do besides smoke cigars and sit on the computer and talk about smoking cigars?

I run a used truck lot in southern Kentucky and have been in auto sales for about 15 years since I moved here from Cincinnati Ohio. We sell almost any kind of truck there is but not much in the way of cars. And I like it that way.

Other hobbies are surfing the net, drag racing and Dirt track late model racing. I like to listen to music mostly the blues but I have ZERO musical ability myself. I am married with a 23 year old daughter and a 20 year old son and that keeps me busy.

Who is next?
I am an ER doctor and am starting my own wellness company. Most of my free time currently is dedicated to cigars and my two year old daughter. Cheers!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning BOTL crew! New to the site and thought I had best post up an intro. I'm 47 years old, married to a wonderful woman who manages to put up with my crap willingly, father to 3 grown daughters who are the reason for my gray hairs, wrapped around my 1 1/2 year old granddaughter's finger, avid hunter & angler, rookie backpacker, wannabe outdoor writer and employee to one of the big 3 auto manufacturers. Live here in northeast Indiana, but am constantly dreaming of a small plot of land we own in the upper peninsula of Michigan (God's country). I enjoy both cigars and pipes, but don't smoke either as much as I'd like. Favorite place to enjoy a good smoke is standing in the middle of a small north country river while the sun comes up with my fly rod in hand. Thanks for having me and I'm looking forward to enjoying more of the site, getting to know some of you and learning a LOT more about cigars and such.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I have worn many hats of many occuipations during my work career. Found self employment to my liking best, and was lucky enough to to do something that I loved, made good money, and was not bored. Retired over 20 years ago. So I do what I do when I want to do it.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
What's up fellow BOTL & SOTL! I'm new to the BOTL community so I figured I'd share a little more about myself personally. I am 30 years old from Bergen County NJ. I am a recently licensed occupational therapist following almost a decade of a previous career in behavioral neuroscience, psychopharmacological and pharmaceutical research focused primarily on psychostimulants (methylphenidate/Ritalin and cocaine) as well as stress exposure and its effects on brain development, in addition to Huntington's disease treatments. I thoroughly loved the research I was involved with and was blessed to have had the opportunity to publish some of my findings, however, following a severe injury and multiple surgeries that went poorly, I decided to fall back on a previous dream of mine and help others in similar positions of disability. I also think this innate inclination to help others is also a big reason that I am drawn to the cigar culture. The cigar smoking community is truly made up of amazing individuals that are not only willing to help fellow B's & SOTL, but anyone in need of assistance (as exemplified by this forum's projects to help Nicaragua and others in need). So to all my BOTL's and SOTL's, thank you for the amazing community you have created for all of us to take part of! You all deserve great credit for the cohesiveness and camaraderie of this family of ours!

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
My OTHER money pit is flying drones. Not just the big photo/video rigs (which I do have and enjoy) but mostly some ridiculously fast first person view (FPV) racing drones that I build. They can reach speeds of 100mph pretty easily and that's not scale speed, that's actual speed. Put some special goggles on your face and you can see out the front of the drone while you fly, latency free. I have tons of HD videos below:
https://www.youtube.com/user/jason11286
Side note: ads may play on some videos but I don't make a single penny from it. I tried to build my channel before, however, YouTube introduced new channel rules and completely ruined that. Just thought I'd add that in so nobody thinks I'm being THAT guy.

Rating - 100%
143   0   0
I’m 44, married to a wonderful wife. I have 2 sons 20 and 22. I enjoy boating, target shooting, relaxing, bourbon, grilling, and baseball. Oh and cigars
I have a career that I love, I’m an alarm technician, always something new every day, get to meet a lot of interesting people and get to travel every now and then.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I’m 44, married to a wonderful wife. I have 2 sons 20 and 22. I enjoy boating, target shooting, relaxing, bourbon, grilling, and baseball. Oh and cigars
I have a career that I love, I’m an alarm technician, always something new every day, get to meet a lot of interesting people and get to travel every now and then.
What kind of alarms? Like, ding! Fries are done! Or like DefCon 1, scramble the jets kind of alarms?