What's new

"What Grinds My Gears" Cigar Edition

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha first time I saw an Opus X I was at a lounge and the man next to me was smoking it. So I struck a conversation about it, asking him questions. 10 minutes or so into our talk he asks me if I wanna try it. It was chewed up and slobbery, it took all my concentration to not gag and say no. Nice guy though. But why would that be ok? I also don't use another mans fork.

The one that bothers me is cigarette smokers smashing their butts in my cigar ashtray. I don't know if it will make it smell but cigs are just dirty to me.
Gotta agree with you on this one, even smoking a cigarette near me when I'm smoking a cigar can ruin it for me, makes the air stink.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
When I see somebody lighting their cigar with a flame big enough to weld the Empire State Building.....the words WTF come to mind.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I saw a coupe guys at the shop doing this the other day. I had the exact thought. The entire cigar was engulfed in flames. Lol
yeh....it's like gulping down a good scotch as if one is dying of thirst and acting like they are being sophisticated. Somebody has diluted the minds of cigar smokers into thinking that the bigger the flame the better the cigar is going to smoke and taste and the flame is literally 2 times the size of the cigar as if somebody poured a cup of ammonia on it. I used to kind of try and talk with those who did this and would usually be met with a STFU look and that they liked lighting their cigar like that. These days I just look at em and laugh w/o saying why I'm chuckling.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I know that licking the head before cutting prevents the wrapper from splitting but when you're sharing a cutter among like 5 dudes it gets kind of gross, especially if you're the last one to cut you cigar.

In that situation I'll quietly excuse myself and go cut my stick in the bathroom with my own cutter. Not gonna ruin a stick by having to think about all the slobber I had to swap to light it.

Everything else I really don't let it get to me. I think cigar etiquette, like etiquette in general, should be preserved and handed down but some folks you just can't reach.

jonnylieberman

Ask Me About Outrage
Rating - 97.5%
53   1   0
I hate it when I put up at least five MAWs, PIFs, and BIFs begging for a Ghurka Beast like a normal person and not one of you bastards will send me one.

As for etiquette/dress code, unless the store has a posted policy, dress however you like.

There's a very cool private club out here in LA called the Magic Castle. You have to be a member, or no a member to go. Lots of booze and magic. Women have to be in formal wear (typically cocktail dresses) and men have to be in a shirt, jacket, tie, and be wearing proper shoes. Long story, but I'm friends with half a dozen magicians and my wife performs there from time to time, so I get to go all the time. I love the place, and since everyone is dressed up, it's even more fun.

Now, I have a dumb ass lawyer friend who didn't believe me. He had on a suit and a pair of Converse sneaks. We get there and the lady at the desk tells him he can't come in unless he puts on a pair of brown shoes she has behind the desk. He put on the shoes.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I hate it when I put up at least five MAWs, PIFs, and BIFs begging for a Ghurka Beast like a normal person and not one of you bastards will send me one.

As for etiquette/dress code, unless the store has a posted policy, dress however you like.

There's a very cool private club out here in LA called the Magic Castle. You have to be a member, or no a member to go. Lots of booze and magic. Women have to be in formal wear (typically cocktail dresses) and men have to be in a shirt, jacket, tie, and be wearing proper shoes. Long story, but I'm friends with half a dozen magicians and my wife performs there from time to time, so I get to go all the time. I love the place, and since everyone is dressed up, it's even more fun.

Now, I have a dumb ass lawyer friend who didn't believe me. He had on a suit and a pair of Converse sneaks. We get there and the lady at the desk tells him he can't come in unless he puts on a pair of brown shoes she has behind the desk. He put on the shoes.
Alright I'm sending you a beast.

jonnylieberman

Ask Me About Outrage
Rating - 97.5%
53   1   0
That place is really really fun ^
Anytime you want to go, let me know. I gots da hook ups. Also, right now is a particularly good time. Neal Patrick Harris is the President of the place and has done a great job amping up the electricity of the joint.

Also, he donated a Houdini water escape tank/fish tank that's really cool. And of course it contains an eel named Eel Patrick Harris.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Now, forget about me being worthy to smoke such a fine stick.

Are you worthy of sending it?
Lol I don't even know why I have it. Just found it in the bottom of the "for the troops humi" earlier today while getting a troop bomb together. I'm sure they will be ok with you having it though :)

jonnylieberman

Ask Me About Outrage
Rating - 97.5%
53   1   0
Lol I don't even know why I have it. Just found it in the bottom of the "for the troops humi" earlier today while getting a trip bomb together. I'm sure they will be ok wroth you having it though :)
I don't know. According to some catalog I got, the Beast is the finest cigar in the world. Which is why they cost $107 a stick! Never mind that they're on Cbid for $1.30.