What's new

What Grinds My Gears Thread

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
It's a whole new level of jackassery when it rains or God forbid, snows.
Indeed, it's amazing what even a little mist will do to Atlanta traffic. Snow...no comment! Our office is near 75 and 285 and I'm on the northeast side of town so my options are 85 to 75, 78 to 285, or 85 to 285. Luckily I don't go to the office more than 1 or 2 days a week most weeks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm retired and have ridden a motorcycle since I was 8 and when I ride in this city ( which I often do.... ) these crazy rock-suckers will try and come into the 'slow lane' I ride in because they don't like that I can get around traffic better than they can. I always drive safe but they hate the fact that when traffic slows to a crawl I can get around them w/o causing traffic issues....they will open their doors or swerve to keep me from going around them safely just because they hate somebody getting ahead of them and they will look at me while they drift into the lane I'm in because they take it as a personal affront that they are stuck in traffic. The last few idiots who pulled that stunt lost their side mirrors from the small crowbar I carry....and I ride with a GoPro to prove that my riding is safe but there are always some who hate motorcycle riders enough to try to run over them...which is why I ride in the slow lane because the only traffic that I have to deal with is that one lane...not the ones on each side of me as I drive on the far right part of the lane to keep my distance from these idiots.

Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Reviving this dead thread LOL:

You know what grinds my gears?

Lunchables.

20+ years ago as a kid I used to love Lunchables. I was walking through the grocery store the other day and saw them on sale. I ended up buying a few, but they all suck now. The pizza crusts are as thin as a cracker, the portions in the ham / turkey and cheese have gotten ridiculously thin / less, and the overall quality of them has deteriorated to the point where I won’t buy them again.

I’ll just keep buying a block of cheese, some pretzel crackers, and some salami / pepperoni, and make my own damn snack tray.

Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I'm retired and have ridden a motorcycle since I was 8 and when I ride in this city ( which I often do.... ) these crazy rock-suckers will try and come into the 'slow lane' I ride in because they don't like that I can get around traffic better than they can. I always drive safe but they hate the fact that when traffic slows to a crawl I can get around them w/o causing traffic issues....they will open their doors or swerve to keep me from going around them safely just because they hate somebody getting ahead of them and they will look at me while they drift into the lane I'm in because they take it as a personal affront that they are stuck in traffic. The last few idiots who pulled that stunt lost their side mirrors from the small crowbar I carry....and I ride with a GoPro to prove that my riding is safe but there are always some who hate motorcycle riders enough to try to run over them...which is why I ride in the slow lane because the only traffic that I have to deal with is that one lane...not the ones on each side of me as I drive on the far right part of the lane to keep my distance from these idiots.
California drivers are the worst. Been here less than 6 months and never saw so many stupid people in a rush to get nowhere important.

I wouldn’t ride a bike on the freeway here. Only time it’s semi-safe to is at night, and then you lose your visibility.

And I’ve never saw so much bike hate until I got here. The whole splitting lanes thing is another story but man, what a bunch of jerks, intentionally cutting off motorcycles / closing the center line out / etc.

Rating - 100%
97   0   0

Lunchables.

20+ years ago as a kid I used to love Lunchables. I was walking through the grocery store the other day and saw them on sale. I ended up buying a few, but they all suck now. The pizza crusts are as thin as a cracker, the portions in the ham / turkey and cheese have gotten ridiculously thin / less, and the overall quality of them has deteriorated to the point where I won’t buy them again.

I’ll just keep buying a block of cheese, some pretzel crackers, and some salami / pepperoni, and make my own damn snack tray.
Haha, my kids went through a phase with them. My older (son) turned around and finally said, "Dad, the meat in those is horrible. It's a slimy, nasty piece of meat. Don't buy them anymore."

Josh Smith

Opus junkie
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Lunchables.

I said the same shit about 2 years ago when I ate one . My kids won't touch them. It's honestly cheaper to buy real meat cheese.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
People who don’t use turning signals.
Living in an age restricted area, we call Jurassic Park. People don't drive for beans, if you see a turn single, it mean nothing except the turn signal is on. They could go starlight, left, right, or make a u-turn, or in any direction. Best advise is just to be a defensive driver 110% of the time[/b]. :shifty:

Both my neighbors on either side are still driving daily, neither one will ever celebrate their 95th. birthday again they are older. :happy:

Josh Smith

Opus junkie
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
People who don’t use turning signals.
When people say axe instead of ask.
The “word” bae
And turkey bacon.....
Seriously people what the shit is with turkey bacon
Simple answer. It's turkey. It stopped being anything close to Bacon when the word turkey was put in front of it.
The word BAE. Is actually a Danish word meaning shit. I laugh Everytime I hear someone call their significant other "bae"

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Wednesday Morning Gear Grinder:
People who constantly reference the past. Crap like "Back when I was your age," or "Things were so much better back when." Come up with some original material and stop beating a dead horse. We get you're old and chuck full of life experiences. Stop trying to cram them down everyone's throat. It's fucking annoying. I'm just glad neither of my parents do this. I'd be half tempted to put them in a home and throw the address away.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Unpossible_1 It's called passing the torch. If you don't know where you've come from you can't know where you're going.
Been done a long time "When we where young we had to find fire!"