What's new

What Grinds My Gears Thread

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Agreed and agreed. Rarely do you find someone in the fast lane going to0 slow... here, it is almost a minimum of 75 or 80 in the fast lane. But there are times.
You should thank your lucky stars, out here there are people going 5-15 below the speed limit in the fast lane. Then, when you try to pass them, they speed up, only to slow back down again.

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Ps in Australia all the Words ending in "Izing" in the US are correctly spelt "Ising" in Australia . It's not lack of education. Just a minor cultural difference.

MNNorth-man

Go Bison!
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What pisses me off are people who are so interested in telling you their story that they cut you off in the middle of your story.
Apparently, their lives are just so much more interesting.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Ps in Australia all the Words ending in "Izing" in the US are correctly spelt "Ising" in Australia . It's not lack of education. Just a minor cultural difference.
Dan the Futureman posts from tomorrow to correct the guy from 2011!

People that dig up old threads (6 months old) and restart it. lol.. :eyebrow:
How do you feel about 5 years? lol

People who speed up when you are trying to change lanes...
People who speed up to get through an intersection before you cross the street...
People who don't give cyclists at least 3 feet of space when passing...
People who pass on the right...

Basically, anyone driving in Southern California.
To go with this I will add people who drive slow enough in the left lane to force me to pass on the right. Not sure if they are just too stunned to read the signs saying keep right except to pass or what.
I know its been years, but this has gotten so much worse.

The Munt

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Dan the Futureman posts from tomorrow to correct the guy from 2011!

How do you feel about 5 years? lol

I know its been years, but this has gotten so much worse.
Hahaha I was actually correcting myself on a drunken rant that was just above that "Izing/Ising" post. I deleted the message though, let's just say it ground my drunken gears at the time, involved a sex shop, a vacation and was a little inappropriate.. I should've deleted my correction too, as now it makes no sense.

The Munt

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Just curious, what's the source of the hatred for vaping? Not being funny, just struggling to understand. Being on this forum I assume everyone here smokes, so I'm wondering what about vape is so bad? I do both and most people rather the smell of the vape, smokers and non smokers alike.

Is it like a heavy beer drinker looking down on their mate drinking lite beer or..?

Rating - 100%
93   0   0
California overregulation of everything - You need a fckin' permit to have a yard sale. You want to build a house for your dog? Better be under 30" tall because otherwise you need a building permit (maybe a little over exaggeration, but you get the idea).

Terrible driving, in any form - 36 million people, 30 million cars, 29.95 million shitty drivers. How tf did they even get a driver's license?

Insurance - doesn't matter, auto, home, health, whatever. You're damned if you do, double damned if you don't.

Smoke snobs - I enjoy a cigar, doesn't matter where I'm at, but guaranteed I'm at least 25 feet from an entrance door, keeping to myself and not chasing you and blowing smoke rings. So if you don't like it, stay tf out of my immediate area.

Taxes - You earn an income, you pay income tax. You spend the money the government doesn't take from you, you pay a sales tax. You file at the end of the year, they say you didn't give them enough, then they want more tax money.

I'm sure there's more, but that's a good start.

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
In Atlanta I've experienced the worst of ALL drivers and I've lived in a lot of places in this country...from California, Oregon, MA, North and South Carolina, IN and the crazy ole people in Florida. In Atlanta if you leave one car space behind the guy in front of you some 'NassHole' will try and fit his Suburban into that slot w/o signaling and then stand on his brakes....why???.....because it's an opening and if you leave an opening somebody is going to use it. Nassholes = drivers that think they are NasCar Drivers and will change lanes for no apparent reason because they think Interstates are racetracks so they just drift from one lane to the other. Turn signals are for wussies....as they don't want to give anybody the slightest idea of which direction they want to go so it's always a surprise party when driving. If they think you "might" want to change lanes they WILL speed up so you can't get in their lane. I've actually sped up from 60 to 90 just so I could get into a lane to exit to get off the Interstate but Bubba didn't like me signaling to get over so he just wanted to ensure that I don't get past him. I've had these 'French Ticklers' run up my a$$ and I'll get over and then they will slow down enough to keep pace with me and if I speed up....they speed up....if I slow down....they slow down. In the city traffic these mongoloids will stop at a green light to let another driver pull out from an intersection as they wave at them to go ahead....WTF????? They use their left turn signals to turn right.....when turning right they steer their cars so far to the left and act like they are driving a semi. Yesterday some idiot turned right from the extreme left part of the lane....I can't figure these fkrs out...they come to a stop 1/4 mile from the light and then slowly drive up to it with nobody in front of them.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Just curious, what's the source of the hatred for vaping? Not being funny, just struggling to understand. Being on this forum I assume everyone here smokes, so I'm wondering what about vape is so bad? I do both and most people rather the smell of the vape, smokers and non smokers alike.

Is it like a heavy beer drinker looking down on their mate drinking lite beer or..?
The "smell" left by most vapes is toxic to me. Obviously a chemical imitation of whatever flavor of the week it is. Banana split, butterscotch,bubble gum, WTF? I get an immediate headache every time I am forced to be in a vapor trail.
It reminds me of women who have worn the same bad perfume for years and can't smell it anymore, so they marinate themselves with it and leave a trail wherever they go.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
In Atlanta I've experienced the worst of ALL drivers and I've lived in a lot of places in this country...from California, Oregon, MA, North and South Carolina, IN and the crazy ole people in Florida. In Atlanta if you leave one car space behind the guy in front of you some 'NassHole' will try and fit his Suburban into that slot w/o signaling and then stand on his brakes....why???.....because it's an opening and if you leave an opening somebody is going to use it. Nassholes = drivers that think they are NasCar Drivers and will change lanes for no apparent reason because they think Interstates are racetracks so they just drift from one lane to the other. Turn signals are for wussies....as they don't want to give anybody the slightest idea of which direction they want to go so it's always a surprise party when driving. If they think you "might" want to change lanes they WILL speed up so you can't get in their lane. I've actually sped up from 60 to 90 just so I could get into a lane to exit to get off the Interstate but Bubba didn't like me signaling to get over so he just wanted to ensure that I don't get past him. I've had these 'French Ticklers' run up my a$$ and I'll get over and then they will slow down enough to keep pace with me and if I speed up....they speed up....if I slow down....they slow down. In the city traffic these mongoloids will stop at a green light to let another driver pull out from an intersection as they wave at them to go ahead....WTF????? They use their left turn signals to turn right.....when turning right they steer their cars so far to the left and act like they are driving a semi. Yesterday some idiot turned right from the extreme left part of the lane....I can't figure these fkrs out...they come to a stop 1/4 mile from the light and then slowly drive up to it with nobody in front of them.
Truth

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

The Munt

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Basically. We are cultured assholes because we smoke premium cigars, not Walmart fat chair driving vapers. Now let me finish my microbrew stout.
Fair enough! Lol i had imagined it was something along those lines, while people might not like the smell of particular flavors, it's a hard argument that burning tobacco is a less offensive smell..

The "smell" left by most vapes is toxic to me. Obviously a chemical imitation of whatever flavor of the week it is. Banana split, butterscotch,bubble gum, WTF? I get an immediate headache every time I am forced to be in a vapor trail.
It reminds me of women who have worn the same bad perfume for years and can't smell it anymore, so they marinate themselves with it and leave a trail wherever they go.
Ok! I haven't had any of those flavors so might explain why I'd never experienced a smell I utterly hated from it. I'll take your word for it

Rating - 0%
0   0   0

people can vape all they want, with no care on my part- but standing two feet from me with a vape bazooka, launching that shit all over everyone... yeah, it pisses me off. Much like I don't barge up on people puffing a cigar in their face... I expect a certain etiquette with all things.

I also have a major distrust for the ecig market as a whole. I firmly believe that when enough time has passed to gather the same health data as we have on cigarette smoking... it's going to be ugly.

i am glad the shit was invented, though, because I really do enjoy saying "sucking the robot cock"

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
1) All of this is! I despise driving to the office in Atlanta. The concept of driving is not very difficult, nor is following the rules, but people in Atlanta really want to prove otherwise.
2) Increasing healthcare costs
3) People who litter - I was behind a mini van the other day that threw 3 coors light cans and a starbucks cup out their window

qpzmide

Eric
Rating - 100%
156   0   0
Well, Atlanta does have two race tracks. Atlanta Motor Speedway and 285! It's almost a death wish to drive on 285 but the other option, 75/85 is just as bad. I drove around most of 285 yesterday unfortunately and you'll get ran over if your're going 80 or less.