What's new

What Grinds My Gears Thread

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
1.) Co-workers who balance their check book when they're at work. That's not what you're getting paid for. Especially when it leaves me trying to do double so we're not behind.

2.) Insurance company. If you say I'll call you back, then do it. Is it so fu$#ing hard to call me back? Is it? Is it really? Tuesday I'm showing up at your office and I'm getting annoyed so it's not going to be pretty. Bet you call me from now on...

3.) Mortgage company. All I fu#@ing want to do is fix my house. Not take the money and skip off to Mexico to get blitzed out of my mind on crack and have to mule my way back to the states. I want my damn house fixed. My contractor wants to be paid. I want to pay him. It's not my fault you lost form A-45 or whatever the hell it was you needed the insurance company to send you three times. Give me my money you incompetent pricks!

4.) Co-workers who come to work, clock in and then disappear for an hour eating lunch and taking a smoke break while I am slammed with customers. You don't do shit til noon. Take this time to eat your lunch and smoke your cigarettes. If you feel like you need nicotine while at work, wear a f#@king patch. You're there to work numb nuts.

5.) Pain in the a$$ customer #12. I am sorry that you have adopted yet another animal that you cannot afford from the shelter with the last $60 of your Social Security check. But no we do not have a multiple pet discount and while I'm at it no you cannot make payments on the low cost neuter you will not get your dog anyway because you think it somehow emasculates him (despite this being a condition of your adoption!!).

6.) Local Humane Society...see above.

Ugh...it's been a day. I need a cigar.

Dan

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
No one else using this thread? Hmm...:crying:.

Co-workers...again. I'm sorry it hurt your feeling when the boss decided that I should go to a seminar in Texas and he didn't ask you. It's not favoritism as you've accused...well actually I guess it is a little. You see when someone hires you, they actually like when you show some initiative. You know...like getting out of bed in the morning and showing up on time...or helping a customer and acting like you give a damn...or not having a breakdown every time you're asked to do your f'ing job. Just sayin'.

Dan

ATL

BoM 10/12, 9/13, & 8/14
Rating - 100%
342   0   0
People who use the median or the shoulder as a turning lane. As Hank Hill says, "They're making a mockery of the breakdown lane."

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When people don't get up to highway speed on an onramp. Every morning heading. I-10 eastbound, I swear.

People who chew with their mouths open. I can't stand that shit.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
People who think that disagreeing with their opinion, and backing it up with experience and facts, is a personal attack, and respond accordingly.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Driving -
No turn signals
Going under the speed limit in the anything but slow lane
People speeding up when you try to pass them
The way people drive period
etc, etc, etc.

There are other subjects I could make lists for, but I will let it go at that. :)

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
People that open a bag of potato chips at 8:30am then proceed to ruffle the bag loud as hell every time they stick their greasy mits in, and chomp down on each one louder than the fan I turned on to try and drown out the sound!!

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
People who speed up when you are trying to change lanes...
People who speed up to get through an intersection before you cross the street...
People who don't give cyclists at least 3 feet of space when passing...
People who pass on the right...

Basically, anyone driving in Southern California.

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
People who speed up when you are trying to change lanes...
People who speed up to get through an intersection before you cross the street...
People who don't give cyclists at least 3 feet of space when passing...
People who pass on the right...

Basically, anyone driving in Southern California.
To go with this I will add people who drive slow enough in the left lane to force me to pass on the right. Not sure if they are just too stunned to read the signs saying keep right except to pass or what.

Also agree with the people who speed up when you want thier lane. Exception to this are people who think signal lights are optional. Ip pinch those fkrs out all the time. For me signal lights are a warning I am coming over. Not a please let me in. After 3 blinks I pushing my way in

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
To go with this I will add people who drive slow enough in the left lane to force me to pass on the right. Not sure if they are just too stunned to read the signs saying keep right except to pass or what.

Also agree with the people who speed up when you want thier lane. Exception to this are people who think signal lights are optional. Ip pinch those fkrs out all the time. For me signal lights are a warning I am coming over. Not a please let me in. After 3 blinks I pushing my way in
Agreed and agreed. Rarely do you find someone in the fast lane going to0 slow... here, it is almost a minimum of 75 or 80 in the fast lane. But there are times.