What's new

What is "cuban-esque"?

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
I would love to say that I am pretty good at telling country of origin for a cigar but I think one of the best I have seen at blind taste tests in NJstone. Bob did some blind tastings last year and he came up with some exact cigars even tho he had never tried them before.

That said not in.
Nj should have no problem. His CCs never burn/draw right!!! But yes NJ would be great as well!

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I would love to say that I am pretty good at telling country of origin for a cigar but I think one of the best I have seen at blind taste tests in NJstone. Bob did some blind tastings last year and he came up with some exact cigars even tho he had never tried them before.

That said not in.
Ahhh Haaaa That's funny:grin:

TommyGunz

BoM June 2011
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I would like to think that I can pull this off with impunity as I was pretty close with my last unbanded test that a brother sent me. But to be honest, I am not sure I would be over 70% accurate. Why? I know a few NC's that have exhibited similar characteristics as a cuban and some cuban's that may be mistaken for a milder NC. So, I figure take 10% of each side of the spectrum that are mimicking "twang" in either direction and I think an 80% average would be outstanding.

I haven't been able to smoke for a month now, and won't be able for another few weeks, so that puts me out, but I am very interested to see how the competitors fair with this challenge.

Someone mentioned Moki and cutting of the heads....I am not familiar with that contest, but am wondering if these heads will be pre-cut as to take out the "tripple cap" or lack there of.

Good luck to all!

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
We did this on another board.. There were 10 participants whom each received 2 cut and unbanded sticks... Smoked them and did reviews... There was a 95% success rate on guesses.. One guy chose CC for both smokes and that's why it was only 95% success.. It was a mixture of noobs, and FOG's participating!

Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I'm in. I'm worried I will lose this game, though! :scratchhe
Two in. There's no losing in this thing, just WINNING!

I've really only expanded my horizons recently, although the three brands I have the longest history with are Cohiba and Upmann CCs and Padron, so I should do fairly well. :shame: Throw me to the sharks I say.
I appreciate the interest, and no offense, but I gotta let elders in before noobs.

I'm in. Of course I'm not afraid to fail. It's what pushes me further to enjoy this hobby and continue to learn on a daily/weekly basis. Last time I went 3/5 for Hotsauces blind CC (guess the marca). If I can do at least that I'm cont to learn and hone my smoking skills.
Three in.

Ok mu if you will have me I am in
Of course! Four in.

I would like to think that I can pull this off with impunity
You're in Tommy, which makes five. I won't start this until February so if you can't go by then we'll sub out.

Strife? Harg? You guys game?

kockroach

BoM August 2010/2011
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
Also let's get a few guys with some time on here!!!!! Kockroach, Aaron, E, Tnt, Hd, ciggy, Cc jefe, guys that do/did reviews frequently. A overall spectrum of botl! One more name. W.B. !!!!!!!! If I trust ANYONE persons palate on here it IS his!!!!!!
OK, I will give it a go.

BEN(SWEDEN)

Bockbrännarbolmers
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I think it is possible to fool most people, specially if you are picking out sticks that you know will make it much harder.

I hope and guess that if the cigar are stored in my humidors I should be able to make a pretty accurate guess. For the the big difference is balance wich I think most Cubans have. But I don't think I would be able to guess right if it is a marca I don't like and have little experience in.

I love Cuban vintage. That said I have had very few ncs with over 10-15 years on them but there was a huge difference. So I think one has to give the cigars time to settle to be able to judge them properly and with time one can feel how different they are.

I think you will find very few people that say the can guess 100%. The more I learn about ccs do more I understand how little I know!