What's new

What is "cuban-esque"?

aquarich

BoM March '11
Rating - 100%
205   0   0
I think there are a few who would like to see Jim flying through the air. That's what makes it such a great idea! :D
Dutch, please refrain from posting. You have gone way over your quarterly allotment!! :boxing:

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Yup! This post has turned hilarious!

That said, it's a great idea! Will be following this closely.

However, I'm quite convinced that people will get a higher score than expected on CC vs. NC. Within the NC's I'm not so sure, cause I don't have enough experience to know how subtle / blatant the differences are.

Either way, good on ya, Mu... And good luck to the contestants.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure I can tell the smokes in my humidor too...

-Fauzi

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you can't pick a subpar stick out, then why buy premium cigars? If you can't taste the difference then you're just buying the band.
There is truth to this. Here in Germany, MANY are biased to CC's. They couldn't imagine spending €15, €20 or even more on NC's. But they believe a CC is worth it.

I do have my fun with these types. I take an unbanded NC cigar and give it to them from time to time, tell them it is a CC my buddy picked up on a factory tour in Havana. Most of the time they thank me and say they enjoyed the cigar without knowing the wiser. I love the look on their face when I tell them it was not really a CC.

A cigar store in the states tried to sell cigars to me that he called CC's. I knew they weren't the real deal and politely turned him down. I'm sure the next guy that didn't know better, bought those (spending a good chunk of change) and thought he got the "good stuff" just because it had a Cohiba label on it.

In general I can tell the difference between cigars from different countries. That's only because I try many different kinds of cigars and pay attention to the taste profile and where the leaves are from. Can I do it 100% of the time? No way!!

Good luck to those trying this tasting. Some people truly do have a knack for this.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
I'll pass on this and let someone else have a little fun with it. Besides, it's too easy, there are more senses than just taste that will give the CC away. There's touch, sight and the barnyard smell. What about the caps, you gonna cut them off?

This will be fun to watch play out, if you want to expand it I'm sure there are a bunch of BOTL that would love to pick out a few sticks from their stash to send to a couple of guys, myself included.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I'll pass on this and let someone else have a little fun with it. Besides, it's too easy, there are more senses than just taste that will give the CC away. There's touch, sight and the barnyard smell. What about the caps, you gonna cut them off?

This will be fun to watch play out, if you want to expand it I'm sure there are a bunch of BOTL that would love to pick out a few sticks from their stash to send to a couple of guys, myself included.
Man just making a statement like that tells me you would probably get about a C(70%) and yes you must cut the heads off in order to not give away there country. Which these days could be many different countries. I'm sure Mike will do this as this is the way we have seen this done before.

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Giddy Up Boys. Getting my popcorn ready.

Nice taste test Roomie. Have Fun.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Did I win BoM yet?!? All this posting is killing me! :D

Oh well. I can never catch up with all the brothers around here with their fancy auto-posting bots that respond to a thread every week. ;)

LMAO
They can nominate you against me for my 45th time of being nominated... you'll win! :thumbsup:

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
from previous experience in running a blind tasting....... DO NOT COMMIT TO DOING THIS UNLESS YOU CAN AND WILL SMOKE ALL OF THE CIGARS!!!