What's new

What's for dinner?

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
The place we wanted to go to was closed, so we went to The Tempura House in Lake Geneva and had Japanese.

We each got the Hibachi Chicken & Shrimp.....very good!

Jeffrey L.
Jeff, Lake Geneva, WI? If so, that's where my in-laws live. Love that place.

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
Hello - I just came across this thread and will start contributing some photos etc. I do all the cooking in my house which is fine with the Mrs. and probably just as well because last time she cooked it was a complete disaster.

Be back soon...

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Hello - I just came across this thread and will start contributing some photos etc. I do all the cooking in my house which is fine with the Mrs. and probably just as well because last time she cooked it was a complete disaster.

Be back soon...
Looking forward to it, James!

Jeffrey L.

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Well, tonight the wife may have made the 1st thing I enjoyed.....beef stroganoff, from scratch.

It was a recipe from her Weight Watchers thingy online and actually pretty good! For the beef, it called for tenderloin and worked very well with the dish.

To be completely honest with you, I ripped through my serving without even thinking of taking a pic! Just looked like regular stroganoff, with some fresh chopped parsley throughout.

For dessert, I had an ice cream sandwich.......'The Skinny Cow'. Only 140 calories and was DELICIOUS! I just took 2 more 'Fireball' pills and am now having a Gatorade.

Jeffrey L.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Sounds good, Jeffrey!

Had Kindermusik for the lil' dude, last night, so just had the leftovers from Sunday night... Greek pastitsio!! I got it out of a potluck cookbook. So, I would like to do it, again, from an authentic Greek recipe, as well.

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Leftover Stroganoff, tonight. I swear.........had I not been present while my wife made this last night, there's NO WAY I would have believed she made it! Topped it with some freshly grated parmesan, tonight.

Damn good.

Jeffrey L.

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Just made a KILLER dinner and prep time was literally 5 minutes! I'm too lazy to type out the recipe, so I took a pic of my laptop screen :smokingbo

Try it sometime! I used 16/20 ct shrimp.

Jeffrey L.

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Damn that looks good, Jeff.

Much better than whatever I'll be ordering for take out here in a couple hours. lol.

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Sounds good, Jeffrey!

Had Kindermusik for the lil' dude, last night, so just had the leftovers from Sunday night... Greek pastitsio!! I got it out of a potluck cookbook. So, I would like to do it, again, from an authentic Greek recipe, as well.

I think I can help you with that. :yes:

The recipe my mom uses is from a Greek cookbook that is older than the hills and has one of those plastic cylindrical binders.

All the recipes are THE BOMB!

Hot_Sauce

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Heading down to the Vietmanese resteraunt for a big bowl of Pho and some French coffee with condensed milk.:)

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Smoked some ribs last night with the help of my new wireless thermometer. Love that thing! Next week, Brisket!

After 5.5 hours, Pre-saucing:

Post saucing:

Had a devil of a time keeping the temp where I wanted it, but this was my first attempt actually knowing what the temp was at the grate. I learned a few things and hopefully will have an easier time of it next weekend. I could have hone a bit longer, but the grill was really fighting me on temp (outside temp change probably had something to do with that) and I started late so just wanted to eat.

Sorry the pics aren't the greatest. Cell-phone pics at night using a flashlight to provide the light doesn't make for the greatest conditions, lol.
I pulled both the rub and sauce recipes from The Smoke Ring forums. The sauce was good (even the wife liked it), but the rub was over complicated and didn't really do it for me.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Beautiful ribs, jason! What kind of wood(s) did u use for smoking? I have a huge Brinkmann (sp?) smoker that I'm looking forward to Getting familiar with, this year!

Jeffrey L.

iCraig

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Man those ribs look great!

I'm gonna hit the seafood market tonight and see what I can cook up. Might go with Jeff's Shrimp recipe at least as part of the dish.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Jeff,

Thanks! Mostly Oak with a little bit of Hickory thrown in. The temp issues kept me from having a steady smoke going though. Didn't really get a good smoke ring on the meat, but still tasted good. I don't have a true smoker, I'm doing this on a Charbroil RED infrared grill. Using indirect heat by placing the meat on a section of the grill with the burners turned off and the other side of the grill providing the heat and the smoke. The cool thing about the RED is that you can just throw the chips/chunks directly onto the U for smoking. The only issue with that is that you can end up with the wood catching and actually burning (flame) instead of just smoldering and smoking.

Like I said, this was really meant as more of a test run for next week's run at Brisket. I've done a brisket before and it turned out OK, but this time around I'm taking a run at a full brisket, flat and point. I'll try to take some pics and post how it comes out. It will be making the trip to a Superbowl party with me.

iCraig

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Tried my luck at Jeff's recipe for shrimp.. Came out fantastic. The little bit of cayenne pepper it calls for is perfect, just a nice little bite.

thanks for the recipe, Jeff. I'll definitely be making these again.