What's new

What's for dinner?

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Damn it! Always forget something.... lol.

I did buy the parsley.. I just didn't use it. Alright, excuse to make this again later this week :D

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Just put a (hopefully!) delicious, home made lasagna into the oven!

Got the wine, garlic bread, and salad in the on deck circle...Yum :)

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
I had an amazing meal out tonight with my Mom and Grandmother.

To start, there were oysters and Chimay, and then a very nice onion bisque with garlic "croutons". Next was an 18 oz bone-in ribeye, medium rare of course, finished with gorgonzola butter, shoestring potatoes and asparagus.

Dessert was bourbon ice cream, a shot of Blantons and coffee.

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I had an amazing meal out tonight with my Mom and Grandmother.

To start, there were oysters and Chimay, and then a very nice onion bisque with garlic "croutons". Next was an 18 oz bone-in ribeye, medium rare of course, finished with gorgonzola butter, shoestring potatoes and asparagus.

Dessert was bourbon ice cream, a shot of Blantons and coffee.
OMG........what a great description and meal! Bone-in ribeye is by FAR my steak of choice! Sadly, all I eat is filet mignon now, as I'm hardcore-dieting. Don't get me wrong, filet is great, but I miss the buttery taste you get from the melted fat of a ribeye :frownno:

Jeffrey L.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That does sound good....and now I want a steak. I've been wanting to make some bourbon/vanilla ice cream too. I'll have to do that when it warms up a bit.

But tonight I think I'll just be making some brats for the game.

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Well, tonight I felt like having a good 'ole breakfast for dinner! I cut up a large baking potato and some white onion, then tossed both in a mixing bowl, along with seasoning salt and fresh cracked black pepper. I always season things this way, as it'll evenly distribute everything.

I then cracked 4 eggs and fried those up, at the same time putting down 2 slices of 12-grain bread in the toaster.

I had some fresh chives leftover from Sunday, so I did a rough-chop on those and topped the potatoes and eggs.

I'll be damned if I over cooked my eggs while multi-tasking, but I prefer NOT to eat the yolk(s), so I just popped 'em out and then threw away when I was done eating.

I wonder if anyone is going to see this and make breakfast for dinner tonight, too!

Jeffrey L.

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
After a GREAT day of smoking in Madison, I decided I was going to treat myself to a nice filet. The wife is in Chicago for the evening, so I have the house to myself!

Did a basic montreal seasoning on the steak, got the cast iron skillet SCORCHING hot on the stove, added some extra virgin olive oil and seared one side for 3 1/2 minutes. I then flipped the steak and from there it went in a 450* oven for 8 minutes. After the steak resting on a baking sheet (wrapped in aluminum foil) for 3 minutes, it was time to dive in!!

Also sauteed some mushrooms in butter, fresh garlic, LOTS of fresh cracked pepper, a little sea salt, worcestershire sauce and some hot sauce.

The steak turned out a PERFECT mid-rare! The pix do not do it justice, as my flash took away from the redness. It was AMAZING!

Your friend and brother,

Jeffrey L.

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
Prepaired some crab stuffed tilapia fillets for dinner tomorrow. First time making them and it was super easy. Just hope they are tasty too; I'll post pics tomorrow of the finished product.

Cheers!

Attachments

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Tonight, Mahi-Mahi was on the menu. I blackened mine with a cajun seasoning, whereas the wife preferred a lemon pepper seasoning.

Started off by searing both filets in a cast iron skillet:

Then I whipped up a basic salad, consisting of spring greens, red onion, rough-chopped portabella mushrooms, lots of fresh cracked pepper, fat-free Italian dressing and some croutons:

While the fish was finishing off in a 375* oven, I made white rice and steamed some broccoli. With the rice, I cooked it in low-sodium chicken stock, rather than water. I also added some fresh chives once it was done....will always be doing this from now on.

Here's the finished product! I don't know how I feel about the plating, though....not too crazy with how it looks.

Your friend and brother,

Jeffrey L.

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
That's a nice plate man.

A few suggestions:

Coconut rice: Use coconut milk as the steaming liquid to create a very creamy rice which works great with spicy dishes. Garnish with cilantro.

Stir fry that damn broccoli: Crisp it up, and make it a little bit more interesting. Bacon?

Overall, that meal looks damn tasty bro!

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Thanks, Greg! Never thought about coconut milk! As for jazzing up the broccoli, I'm open to almost anything. Staying away from bacon though, as I'm try to eat healthy. Haven't had any in close to 3 months....WAY to fatty for what I'm trying to accomplish.

Jeffrey L.

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Thanks, Greg! Never thought about coconut milk! As for jazzing up the broccoli, I'm open to almost anything. Staying away from bacon though, as I'm try to eat healthy. Haven't had any in close to 3 months....WAY to fatty for what I'm trying to accomplish.

Jeffrey L.
Oh you gotta try the coconut milk with the rice, and don't forget the cilantro!