What's new

What's for dinner?

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
A Mexican-ish Casserole my mother-in-law made and fresh corn on the cob. I drank Gallo Cab Sav while Pam opened a Cab Franc from Dobbins Creek.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I grilled up some sweet peppers, Portobello's, and burgers. The wife made bacon. Put it all together and drown in chipotle Tabasco sauce.

De-licious.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Not a great pic. I had a few bites before taking the picture. Steak in a EVOO, Soy, Worcester, Mustard, Brown Sugar marinade. The potatoes were roasted with EVOO, garlic salt, onion powder and rosemary. Also cole slaw and broccoli and cheese. Pam drank Scarlett Mountain, a off dry red blend from Laurel Gray Winery. I had a Cab Sav.

Dessert: a Coors

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I didn't get a pic but the wife and I observed our 11th wedding anniversary on Friday with a dinner on Saturday. I served up a pair of prime, thick cut rib eyes, reverse seared in clarified butter, with snow crab and steamed sugar snap peas. Wine: 2013 Rheingau Spätlese. Dessert: crème brûlée. Dessert wine: 2006 Sauternes.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I didn't get a pic but the wife and I observed our 11th wedding anniversary on Friday with a dinner on Saturday. I served up a pair of prime, thick cut rib eyes, reverse seared in clarified butter, with snow crab and steamed sugar snap peas. Wine: 2013 Rheingau Spätlese. Dessert: crème brûlée. Dessert wine: 2006 Sauternes.
Sounds like a great meal. Of even more importance, congratulations.

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I love a good crockpot meal, we use ours all the time. Nothing like coming home to a great smelling house and a hot meal after doing nothing but throw a bunch of stuff in the cooker in the morning and ignoring it for 10 hours.
This is funny and should be crafted into a chauvinistic joke.

A good woman is like a crock pot, after ignoring it for 10 hours, you still come home to a great smelling house and a hot meal.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
My mom gave us a small pork loin. Friday night it goes in a apple juice based brine. Today I run to a local produce stand. Come home and put the loin in the middle of the grill.

Outside burners on low and the inside burners off. Brush on some local BBQ sauce.

Trying out a less expensive stick (Casa de Garcia) while I wait, with a Little Sumptin' Sumptin'.

No, that is not the ashtray that came with that stand.

Almost ready. Pulled it at 145 degrees, put on plate, and wrapped with aluminum foil.
Turn all the burners back on and

A couple of ears of corn, onion wedges, sliced bell pepper and two fresh jalapenos.

Sliced yellow squash and zucchini, with a touch of olive oil, salt and pepper. This was the second batch. First one filled the grill. All the vegetables get a little char, a little soft and a little crisp when you bite them, except the jalapenos. A well roasted jalapeno can be eaten like candy. We always cook more vegetables than we will eat in one meal. They are great used in a rice pilaf sometime later.
The Little Sumptin' Sumptin' couldn't go the distance. I pulled a Coors out of the bull pen.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
No pics tonight. Yellow squash from my father-in-law's garden, dipped in egg and rolled in cornmeal before hitting the pan green beans cooked with a little butter in the water, semi-local tomato, and we split a t-bone, seasoned with salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder, before being cooked in a cast iron grill pan.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I make a shake with milk, buttermilk, olive oil, oatmeal, protein powder, peanut butter powder, papaya, banana, and cottage cheese. Tastes way less offensive than it sounds, but not really good. And a rice cake with peanut butter. My wife does herbalife, so i drink my own concoction.