What's new

whats on your grill today?

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I hear you guys! We grill almost every night. I clean any snow away and brave the rains when I have to but the vertical smoker I have is not insulated and not in a covered area so it makes for a REALLY long pork butt smoke.....
I'll smoke in frozen conditions but not snowing or raining. I really need to look into one of those Big Green Eggs. Heard many good things about them.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing today. Seeing a friend later on this week, and introducing them to Cardiologist's Nightmare (I will try and get pictures up). Get ready for this:

Brats. Can be from a meat market or precooked. I can have cheese chunks, but is not needed (you will understand in a bit).

Cheese. Take your pick. Smoked cheddar, jalapeno, whatever sounds good. I use cheddar slices from a meat market.

Bacon. The more the better (who can have enough?)

Toothpicks.

Tinfoil.

Of course, buns and toppings and such. Side dishes are whatever you want.

Put tinfoil over the burners (if gas) and heat up the grill (duh), and get the cheese and brats out. You will need a sharp knife as well. Cut the brats longways about halfway through. Take strips of cheese and stuff the brat. Pack it in, and if you split the brat, don't worry.

Warp the brat in bacon, covering the whole thing. I use a pepper hickory smoked bacon, but any will do. Use toothpicks to hold said bacon to brat. If it split from putting cheese in, this will hold it all together.

The foil is to avoid fires from grease and dripping cheese. Anyway, cook it about the same as you would a regular brat. Enjoy.

Fair warning: these are rich. So, if you can put away 2-3 (even four), start with one and wait a minute. These can hit you pretty hard if you practically inhale them.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
^^^MMMMMM Ribeye.....!
Don't have any pictures but was finally able to get the smoker out and did two racks of SLR's for the neighbors and me and a rack of BBr's for momma and kids all with a final slathering of Sweet Baby Rays sweet and spicy sauce.......

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Smoked an 8lb pork butt yesterday using homemade rub and a wood mixture of pecan and cherry. In the smoker at 8am and out at almost 6:30pm. Turned out great. Wish it were easier for me to post pics.....just doesn't have the same effect.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I need to buy some charcoal. Finished mine off right before cold weather hit last year.
Watch lowes here in a couple weeks. Part of their spring sale every year includes 2 20lb bags of kingsford for 20 bucks. I always stock up at that time. Most places sell the 2 15lb bags for the same price.