What's new

whats on your grill today?

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Grass fed organic Angus beef London broil marinated in Jim Beam teriyaki salt pepper and various spices...corn with cream cheese and butter re-wraped in husk...green beans prepared with olive oil salt pepper, garlic, onion, cayenne pepper for kick and tumbled in grated parmesan cheese sautéed then grilled .....grilled potatoe topped with butter and habenero cheddar cheese.....all must be prepared with a great seeeeeGar.

I'm coming to your house for dinner,,,:bigeyes:

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0

Fresh cut pear for the smoke...

And a whole chicken for tonight's protein...

4 more hours. And yum!!!!

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
We cut this ourselves.. My father in law had 4 trees that he wanted cut down... I brought about half a tree home with me after busting up wood all day :)

It's got a nice mild, slight sweetness about it..

I'm hoping he wants to cut down his apple trees next year :)

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
What I like about the pear is it's super long burning.. Especially when it's still fairly fresh cut.. I can get smoke for 4-5 hours out of 1 log...

Only takes 2 pieces to smoke a 8-10lb brisket start to finish..

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Now for the best part...

Hatch peppers going onto the open flame.... Yum!

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started grilling this summer (I've always lived in apartments that forbade grills) as a complete newbie.

I'm jealous of how clean your grates are.

Other than the few steaks I've tried, I've been mostly grilling skinless marinated chicken breasts on high (gas grill, grates always Pam'd), and I brush vigorously while it's still hot (after I let it burn everything up for a few min).

I'm still left with gunk between the grate slats, where the brush doesn't reach as well. What is your cleaning process to keep them looking that new-ish?

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Finally had a chance to try out my new Big Green Egg. Did a beer butt chicken and some butternut squash from the garden.
Well I officially hate you! :argh: I think all I have is some pasta.
Haha, next I'm going to try some Salmon. Once I have it down the big meats will come in to play. No homo

I just started grilling this summer (I've always lived in apartments that forbade grills) as a complete newbie.

I'm jealous of how clean your grates are.

Other than the few steaks I've tried, I've been mostly grilling skinless marinated chicken breasts on high (gas grill, grates always Pam'd), and I brush vigorously while it's still hot (after I let it burn everything up for a few min).

I'm still left with gunk between the grate slats, where the brush doesn't reach as well. What is your cleaning process to keep them looking that new-ish?
I usually do the same thing, hit it with the brush before and after and mainly just let it burn off. They usually will come off the next time I go to use the grill. Once a year I get the grill degreaser that foams up and do a whole clean up on my gas grill.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
A little something from each of the two basic food groups. - beef and pork