What's new

whats on your grill today?

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
More elk steaks

Damn brother, all that elk you cook up looks great! I got a sister that lives in Colorado that I haven't visited in awhile. I need to come out to see her and oh...maybe stop by your place ;). Do you make jerky out of it? My father in law just got back from South Dakota and gave me some Mule deer. I'm going to make muscle jerky with the backstrap and summer sausage and pepper sticks with the ground.

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
Damn brother, all that elk you cook up looks great! I got a sister that lives in Colorado that I haven't visited in awhile. I need to come out to see her and oh...maybe stop by your place ;). Do you make jerky out of it? My father in law just got back from South Dakota and gave me some Mule deer. I'm going to make muscle jerky with the backstrap and summer sausage and pepper sticks with the ground.
I'm always up for BBQ and a smoke.

Sure do... also make summer sausage, spicy Italian and spicy breakfast sausage. Muley straps eat to good in my book to make jerky with... I'd steak em out.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I'm always up for BBQ and a smoke.

Sure do... also make summer sausage, spicy Italian and spicy breakfast sausage. Muley straps eat to good in my book to make jerky with... I'd steak em out.
Got a recipe and tips on how to grill the backstraps? I know my way around a grill, but don't have much experience grilling venison. Don't want to ruin it. He gave me a couple of packages. I have to use some to make jerky I love it so much.

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
Got a recipe and tips on how to grill the backstraps? I know my way around a grill, but don't have much experience grilling venison. Don't want to ruin it. He gave me a couple of packages. I have to use some to make jerky I love it so much.
I keep it simple with game meat. Sea salt, fresh cracked pepper, some garlic powder and olive oil cooked to med-rare/medium. A jacard never hurts. What ever you do, don't over cook it.

Last edited: