What's new

whats on your grill today?

Fozgate

Maker of Sharp Things #MCGA
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Some small 2.5" thick filets and in the foil packet is sliced potatoes and onions.
This probably sounds crazy, but filet are the one steak I will not cook on the grill. I recommend trying this for a filet if you want a perfect medium rare.

Step 1: Preheat oven to 375
Step 2: Put a cast iron skillet on your highest power burner and let it heat up on high until ripping hot.
Step 3: Take a room temperature filet(s) and season with coarse sea salt.
Step 4: Drop a little cooking oil in the skillet, nothing that has a low smoke point.
Step 5: Place filet(s) on the skillet and let sear for 5 minutes
Step 6: Flip filets over and immediately place the entire skillet into the oven for 7 minutes
Step 7: Take filets out and place on a board or plate to rest for 5 minutes, at this time you can season with freshly crushed black pepper
Step 8: Enjoy the most perfect medium rare filet you've had.

bostoneo

The Chosen One
Rating - 100%
400   0   0
This probably sounds crazy, but filet are the one steak I will not cook on the grill. I recommend trying this for a filet if you want a perfect medium rare.

Step 1: Preheat oven to 375
Step 2: Put a cast iron skillet on your highest power burner and let it heat up on high until ripping hot.
Step 3: Take a room temperature filet(s) and season with coarse sea salt.
Step 4: Drop a little cooking oil in the skillet, nothing that has a low smoke point.
Step 5: Place filet(s) on the skillet and let sear for 5 minutes
Step 6: Flip filets over and immediately place the entire skillet into the oven for 7 minutes
Step 7: Take filets out and place on a board or plate to rest for 5 minutes, at this time you can season with freshly crushed black pepper
Step 8: Enjoy the most perfect medium rare filet you've had.