What's new

What's your current CCW?

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Yeah, I remember seeing something about that a while back. I meant to order locking pins and extractor upgrade but never have gotten around to it. And mine has ran perfectly for thousands of rounds suppressed, which is MUCH dirtier than without. That said, I do clean it and pay attention to it. Also I've had an Out of batter discharge with a 10/22 that scared the shit out of me. And thunderbolt ammo is horrible!

A little long but after almost 20 years it doesn't bother me.
#TWSS

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Yeah, I remember seeing something about that a while back. I meant to order locking pins and extractor upgrade but never have gotten around to it. And mine has ran perfectly for thousands of rounds suppressed, which is MUCH dirtier than without. That said, I do clean it and pay attention to it. Also I've had an Out of batter discharge with a 10/22 that scared the shit out of me. And thunderbolt ammo is horrible! #TWSS
Might want to look into the blue springs and pin. If you either keep, or resell it, that's a well appreciated mod.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Thanks man, I'll look into it. I believe mine has a blue recoil spring.
#TWSS :D (took me a second to get that one ! )

My MPA 45ACP would "stovepipe" all the time when it was new. Once or twice a clip. Spent casing would fail totally vacating the chamber. Jam up the works.
tried some stuff, but short version is after about a 1000 rounds the events became less frequent and eventually stopped. I think the machining just worked itself in.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0

My MPA 45ACP would "stovepipe" all the time when it was new. Once or twice a clip. Spent casing would fail totally vacating the chamber. Jam up the works.
tried some stuff, but short version is after about a 1000 rounds the events became less frequent and eventually stopped. I think the machining just worked itself in.
Or the spring softened up.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0

Some firearms especially pistols like a heavier bullet, recoil tends to go back more instead of up reducing "stove pipe". But who knows, maybe after 1000 rounds you quit limp wristing it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coolbreeze81

Always tired
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My go-to everyday is a G19 or my Sig P229.. they are easy to conceal and both feel very well in my hands.. (yes I know they are completely different guns). I am actually looking of trying out a HK VP9SK.. I shot one last month and it was glorious!! Kind of like smoking your favorite cigar while sipping on the best pairing beverage after a long week at work..

Anyone have any input on the VP9SK? I can get one for pretty cheap within the next week or so...

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
My go-to everyday is a G19 or my Sig P229.. they are easy to conceal and both feel very well in my hands.. (yes I know they are completely different guns). I am actually looking of trying out a HK VP9SK.. I shot one last month and it was glorious!! Kind of like smoking your favorite cigar while sipping on the best pairing beverage after a long week at work..

Anyone have any input on the VP9SK? I can get one for pretty cheap within the next week or so...
DO IT!!! Throw a Talon grip on it and you'll never look back!!! I have almost 6000 through mine with zero issues, 115 and 124 grain. Cheap shit ammo and reloads. Shoots very well and enjoyable. Rear sight is also one of the best for one handed racking that I've ever seen. You could rack it on literally anything.

Last edited:

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0

the one on the left is a 45 ACP Kimber Ultra CDP II that I've had for a little while... I love the pistol.. but have never carried it much for some unknown reason... Its largely been a safe queen and range toy since I got it..

the one on the right was a birthday present from my dad that I just picked up last week (birthday wasnt last week.. dont get any funny ideas.. I just havent seen the old man in a while..).. its a 9mm Kimber Ultra CDP II... Basically identical in just about every way.. same weight, same dimensions, etc.. just shoots the smaller round..and has slightly greater capacity (1 round more than the 45)..

Im thinking it just might become the new daily carry gun for a while.... Im really digging it.. Not sure why Im liking it more than its twin brother that shoots the fatter bullets.. but for some reason I am..

slave2theaxe

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I love the VP9. The ergos and the trigger make it a real pleasure to shoot. I'm looking to make that my carry piece as well
I was a Glock guy for MANY years and while I still love the Glock and carry it occasionally, the VP9 is my workhorse...I love it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
DO IT!!! Throw a Talon grip on it and you'll never look back!!! I have almost 6000 through mine with zero issues, 115 and 124 grain. Cheap shit ammo and reloads. Shoots very well and enjoyable. Rear sight is also one of the best for one handed racking that I've ever seen. You could rack it on literally anything.
+1 on the Talon grip!!! It’s a great product!!!

slave2theaxe

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
The lack of a trigger cover make me nervous
^^^THIS!!! SO MUCH THIS^^^

Seen too many accidents happen due to lack of a proper trigger cover.

They make kydex trigger covers for this type of carry that attach to your waist band and pull off as you draw...could be a lifesaver.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
^^^THIS!!! SO MUCH THIS^^^

Seen too many accidents happen due to lack of a proper trigger cover.

They make kydex trigger covers for this type of carry that attach to your waist band and pull off as you draw...could be a lifesaver.

I’ve got one from clipdraw. It just slides in your waistband & you run your belt through the string. When you draw the cover stays hooked on your belt.
C26F3FEA-C4C8-4D0D-BE26-CE7150164F49.jpeg