What's new

What's your current CCW?

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I had a clipdraw for my LCP 380 and it worked well. I had a longer string and carried in my front pocket. I traded my LCP for a Ruger SP101 and the clipdraw stayed with the 380.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0

How wells that work out of curiosity? Any hang ups on the draw? Always looking for concealment options.
It works really well once you get used to it & get the string on the kydex trigger guard adjusted to the right length. It's the most comfortable & concealable way that I've found to carry actually. I have an LCP with one on it too. I probably wouldn't recommend it for anything that doesn't have a flat side profile, like something with large external safeties & slide releases. It would probably uncomfortable to carry because all of that stuff would be rubbing against you. Check out their website. They make um for several different models.
https://www.clipdraw.com/

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
It works really well once you get used to it & get the string on the kydex trigger guard adjusted to the right length. It's the most comfortable & concealable way that I've found to carry actually. I have an LCP with one on it too. I probably wouldn't recommend it for anything that doesn't have a flat side profile, like something with large external safeties & slide releases. It would probably uncomfortable to carry because all of that stuff would be rubbing against you. Check out their website. They make um for several different models.
https://www.clipdraw.com/
Just cause I love playing devils advocate, what happens if the string breaks?

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Just cause I love playing devils advocate, what happens if the string breaks?
Brother, that's why you carry two guns lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But really, it's 550 paracord. You'd be hard pressed to break it without some type of mechanical force.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Brother, that's why you carry two guns lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But really, it's 550 paracord. You'd be hard pressed to break it without some type of mechanical force.
I hear ya but still one more thing that could fail right? I am intrigued though, looks like it rides pretty low.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I hear ya but still one more thing that could fail right? I am intrigued though, looks like it rides pretty low.
Honestly, I don't see it ever failing. I trained with it in a 4 hour "Off Duty Carry Course" & never had any issue or malfunction. The main point of that coarse was to be able to get your clothes out of the way & draw. It included a lot of practice with the system. Your right about it riding low. The handle of the pistol sits on the waistline of your pants. You have to really commit to grabbing it before you draw, but it can be done fairly easy with practice. Also re holstering is a little aggravating until you get used to it & requires two hands. But, re holstering isn't really a concern for me with a CCW. Once it's out it's doing work, & there will be time to re holster when the work is done. Or, I'm back home safe & sound & taking it off anyway until the next time I leave the house.

Pennywise827

Hot Ketchup
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I am a 1911 addict, so my carry rotation has to meet certain criteria. I am a big guy, so in the winter I had no issues carrying my Dan Wesson Valor 1911 or my CZ 75B.

Well I went and made my wife mad and got myself the Wilson Combat EDC X9. It's now my EDC. I love the capacity, all metal composition, and 1911 trigger.
20171226_144411.jpg

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I am a 1911 addict, so my carry rotation has to meet certain criteria. I am a big guy, so in the winter I had no issues carrying my Dan Wesson Valor 1911 or my CZ 75B.

Well I went and made my wife mad and got myself the Wilson Combat EDC X9. It's now my EDC. I love the capacity, all metal composition, and 1911 trigger.
View attachment 117893
That’s a really good looking gun!!!

Pennywise827

Hot Ketchup
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I dont have any safe queens.i did, but I sold em all and now only have guns I would use.

I'd be a liar if I said I dont care for her the best. She only rides in her hand made custom leather.20180205_161458.jpg

If anyone appreciates custom holsters as much as their pistols...warbird leather is the place to call. I have 2 holsters and a belt from him, and his price is more than reasonable and his turn around is usually 6 weeks. PM me for his contact info.

This is his convertible. It is set up for both IWB and OWB depending on your needs.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I dont have any safe queens.i did, but I sold em all and now only have guns I would use.

I'd be a liar if I said I dont care for her the best. She only rides in her hand made custom leather.View attachment 117926

If anyone appreciates custom holsters as much as their pistols...warbird leather is the place to call. I have 2 holsters and a belt from him, and his price is more than reasonable and his turn around is usually 6 weeks. PM me for his contact info.

This is his convertible. It is set up for both IWB and OWB depending on your needs.
Nice!!!

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I bought a FN 509 today. It came with 3 17rd mags. It will be a few days before I get to the range. It feels great in my hand and points exceptionally well.
Let us know when what you think when ya get a few through her. I almost bought one not long ago.

Stupid Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Let us know when what you think when ya get a few through her. I almost bought one not long ago.

Stupid Tapatalk
I will Tyler. I bought this one used and it has had about 600 rounds through it, so it should be about broken in. I plan to hit the range later this week and see what I've got.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
IMG_2692.JPG

Made it to the range today and shot my FNS-9 (I mistakenly said it was a FN 509). I was mostly shooting to see how well it cycled. I shot 50 Federal and 50 Remington without any problems and then shot 15 Federal 147g HST also cycled perfectly. Above is 10 shots with the HST from 21'. Not great, but is a starting point.