What's new

Who is your faviorite baseball team and why?

Mr. McSquirelly

Joe Bananas
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm a fourth generation Yankee fan. Between my great grandfather and me, there have been 27 World Series victories. My grandfather used to get drunk and smoke cigars with Joe Namath and Mickey Mantle in 7th avenue bars. Jesus, it's in my very blood. Whitey Ford, Ironhorse, the Babe, Smokin' Joe, the Goose, Mr. October. C'mon, fellas. The Yanks are as American as apple pie and Marilyn Monroe's pussy. They're bigger than life, bigger than the game itself. They made the Red Sox look like a sorry bunch of sore losers for 86 years. The only thing Red Sox fans could cheer for in 86 years was 2nd and 3rd place, or a chance to lose to the Yanks in the ALCS. Fenway is a dump that should be burned to the ground. C'mon Boston, it's 2015. You had your Goddamn Centenniel. Do like the Yanks, and build a modern replica replete with all the modern amenities. Only a sentimental dope would want to sit in a termite and rat-infested museum for three hours. TEAR IT DOWN, TEAR IT DOWN, TEAR IT DOWN!!!! Let's go Yankees.....Let's go Yankees.....Let's go Yankees.....

Last edited:
Rating - 94.7%
20   1   0
Cardinals, but that being said the Arkansas Razorbacks are truly my favorite of any sport. Y'all are killing me with the NBA hate. I'm a Grizzlies season ticket holder and times are good right now

Mr. McSquirelly

Joe Bananas
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yankees, was passed down from my father, native New Yorker....not as cool as a reason like @Mr. McSquirelly lol
I exaggerated, lol. My grandfather drank at the same bars, but not 'with' them. They were just there at the bar. In fact, Mickey Mantle was a real drunken asshole. But nobody would eighty-six him. He used to grab the asses of men's wives, curse and swear like a sailor, start fights, etc....If he wasn't Mickey Mantle, he couldn't have gotten a drink anywhere in Manhattan. BTW, your reason is very cool.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Lifelong O's fan here. I grew up at the end of the Memorial Stadium era, saw Camden Yards go up, and weathered through the last couple decades of just AWFUL teams until Buck has straightened the program up.
I watched the Nats for a season, too, but it was only because Davey Johnson holds a special place in my heart. All said and done, though, you can't be a Marylander without growing up eating, sleeping and breathing baseball. It's just what we've always done, I guess.
I was also fortunate enough to grow up playing with a certain Mr. Mark Texiera (whose name is impossible to spell...) since our dads worked together, and we kind ended up at a lot of scouting events together. If any of you are White Sox fans, i also went to high school with Gavin Floyd, but he graduated after my first varsity year, I never knew him particularly well.

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Pirates

I'm a Pittsburgh fan period!
I must concur

Folks are from the 'burgh, so I was brought up right. Pirates, Steelers, and the Pens. Born in LA and spent a few years, so have to also pull for the Dodgers and the California Angels (or are they still known as that?) but now that I live in Dallas, have to somewhat pull for the Rangers. So, Pirates, Dodgers, Angels, then, Rangers.

Final answer Regis.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The Cincinnati Reds. No other reason than I was born and raised here, haha. I've also got some family in Chicago and Frank Thomas was my favorite player growing up so I've got a soft spot for the White Sox as well.
Going to a game is one of my favorite things in the world. Smoking a cigar during the summer while listening to the game on the radio is about as good as life can get. If only I could smoke a cigar at the stadium...now that would be something.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Lifelong O's fan here. I grew up at the end of the Memorial Stadium era, saw Camden Yards go up, and weathered through the last couple decades of just AWFUL teams until Buck has straightened the program up.
I watched the Nats for a season, too, but it was only because Davey Johnson holds a special place in my heart. All said and done, though, you can't be a Marylander without growing up eating, sleeping and breathing baseball. It's just what we've always done, I guess.
I was also fortunate enough to grow up playing with a certain Mr. Mark Texiera (whose name is impossible to spell...) since our dads worked together, and we kind ended up at a lot of scouting events together. If any of you are White Sox fans, i also went to high school with Gavin Floyd, but he graduated after my first varsity year, I never knew him particularly well.
That's an awesome story. I was sad to see Texiera go to the Yankees but I respect his decision. I know a lot of fans hate on him for it, but let's be honest he hasn't been too good since he's gotten paid. Also, same thing for me with the Nats. I consider the Nats my second team. I really thought Davey Johnson got screwed by Angelos. He was a no nonsense manager a bit like Buck. I was excited to see him have some success with the Nats.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I feel the exact same way. Baltimore is a town that loves its teams, and is slow to forgive a sin. (Ask a Baltimoron about the Colts sometime, if you don't believe me...)
Davey was great, but Angelos wouldn't give him the money he needed to stock the lineup for a World Series. Seems like the organization is coming around, but I don't see a ring in Baltimore for a few more years.

Last edited:

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
That's an awesome story. I was sad to see Texiera go to the Yankees but I respect his decision. I know a lot of fans hate on him for it, but let's be honest he hasn't been too good since he's gotten paid. Also, same thing for me with the Nats. I consider the Nats my second team. I really thought Davey Johnson got screwed by Angelos. He was a no nonsense manager a bit like Buck. I was excited to see him have some success with the Nats.
Blame the shift and the video game ballpark the Yankees built that altered his swing for teixeiras deterioration :)

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Phillies are my Number 1... Awesome stadium, if I ever make it in there after tailgating. I do like the Orioles as well, beautiful stadium been there a few times when I was younger and I remember Cal Ripken Jr. on the field...loved me some Ripkin... Can't wait for baseball weather
Yeah, I'm gonna check out philly too, it's only a little over an hour away from where we'll be and the dodgers will be in town. Looking

AL: Cleveland. Blue collar team not far from Buffalo. I was living there when they made their two WS appearances in the 90s. Being a Sabres and Bills fan, the dark cloud of frustration followed me there. :rolleyes: I also like the Red Sox, because they're not the Yankees...

NL: Dodgers. Kirk Gibson's fist-pump HR in '88. Nuff said. Plus I got to a Dodgers game some years later and was awed by Dodger Stadium, with the mountains in the background.

We camped in Geneva last year (real nice area), and drove ot cleveland to check out O's vs Indians (O's won). Progressive field is sweet. I bought me a chief wahoo hat before it becomes too PC to buy one.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Progressive field is sweet. I bought me a chief wahoo hat before it becomes too PC to buy one.
It will always be "Jacobs Field" to me. I love anything Chief Wahoo; agree with you 100% on the PC thing. Never been to Camden, but I know it's gorgeous. It was the genesis of the whole "retro stadium" movement. B&O Warehouse to me is as cool as the Green Monster or Wrigley's ivy.

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Cincinnati Reds baby!! I grew up only knowing the '90 World Series team, wire to wire!! My whole life they have been bad to mediocre with the exception of a few seasons in recent years, and no matter how good they get, all the old fogies complain about them not being the Big Red Machine. They could win every World Series for the rest of time and people would still complain that "they got nothin on the Big Red Machine".
The reds are my faviorite NL team (and my second little league team). I'm a huge Votto fan (best eye in baseball), and hope he stays healthy this year. Hate the Cards, but have a ton of respect for how they've built that franchise through strong drafting in the past decade.

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I'm a fourth generation Yankee fan. Between my great grandfather and me, there have been 27 World Series victories. My grandfather used to get drunk and smoke cigars with Joe Namath and Mickey Mantle in 7th avenue bars. Jesus, it's in my very blood. Whitey Ford, Ironhorse, the Babe, Smokin' Joe, the Goose, Mr. October. C'mon, fellas. The Yanks are as American as apple pie and Marilyn Monroe's pussy. They're bigger than life, bigger than the game itself. They made the Red Sox look like a sorry bunch of sore losers for 86 years. The only thing Red Sox fans could cheer for in 86 years was 2nd and 3rd place, or a chance to lose to the Yanks in the ALCS. Fenway is a dump that should be burned to the ground. C'mon Boston, it's 2015. You had your Goddamn Centenniel. Do like the Yanks, and build a modern replica replete with all the modern amenities. Only a sentimental dope would want to sit in a termite and rat-infested museum for three hours. TEAR IT DOWN, TEAR IT DOWN, TEAR IT DOWN!!!! Let's go Yankees.....Let's go Yankees.....Let's go Yankees.....
Well, you at least get a like for the Marilyn Monroe comment.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
GO REDBIRDS!!!

Spent my summers in STL growing up & was raised a Cards fan, and lived in Metro-Lou for 5 years. Always make the drive to hit up the ATL series when they're close by. Made it to the World Series in "11" so I can scratch that off the bucket-list. :D

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Yankee fan , you would think being from queens New York I would be a met fan , but when I was younger my uncle lived with us ,and was a big Yankee fan , I looked up to him almost like a big brother ,than an uncle ,and I would sit with him to watch the games on TV and he would take me to games , before they took down the old stadium I had a Saturday package and would go me , him , my dad , and his son , but now that same package and seats are almost triple ,and would rather smoke a cigar and watch at a lounge or house ,