What's new

worst cigar of 2012

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
some Gurkha bashing, I've only had 2 so far a Black Dragon and an Ancient Warrior, I liked both. No accounting for taste I guess :dunno:

but then I did have some Quorum, I would have been better off rolling up some lawn trimmings and smoking that

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
some Gurkha bashing, I've only had 2 so far a Black Dragon and an Ancient Warrior, I liked both. No accounting for taste I guess :dunno:

but then I did have some Quorum, I would have been better off rolling up some lawn trimmings and smoking that
Is the black dragon the one that's like 8.5x60?

EOD

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My worst this year was a 1876 Reserve.. First half tasted like I was chewing on tin foil, the second half just turned to acid.. Unfortunately, I have about 15 of them left...

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Had a Cohiba DC that was pencil lead all the way through couldn't get the taste out of my mouth for 2 days. Smoked one 2 weeks before and it was great if I hadn't bought this box and the cigar was a gift I would have cried fake. Have not smoked one since cause I'm scared my ex-wife swears she has nightmares about this cigar, as I convinced her to try it.

Second was a 858 SG I bought a five pack of. harsh and made my throat hurt. I threw it down about an 1 1/2" in have 4 left will not smoke another for years, maybe decades.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Is the black dragon the one that's like 8.5x60?[/QUOTE]

Yes sir, thank dog it went out a few times so I could take a break, took me almost 3 hrs to smoke that thing[/QUOTE]

I would say I, like a lot of new cigar smokers, started out smoking big 6x60s because I thought that's what a cigar was supposed to be. After joining this forum I realised a lot of people look down on big sticks. And after taking all your suggestions I started smoking much smaller vitolas and for the overwhelming majority of sticks you guys have been right. I've enjoyed the flavors from much smaller sticks a lot more but that Black Dragon just sounds fun to me! I could imagine sitting down with it and watching a lord of the rings movie puffin away or chewing on it like I do with big cigars sometimes. It would be like a good buddy to join me on an epic movie adventure or something. Idk. I just don't think all big cigars should be discarded. They have there place like everything else. .02

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Tat Wolfie
Scratch that! My worst cigar of 2012 has routinely been the Little Boris. I've attempted to smoke 7 of them. One tasted and drew ok. The rest were all horribly tight and unsmokable past 1". It's my only box of them, so I at least hope somebody out there is enjoying some functional sticks. Any luck fellas?

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
Scratch that! My worst cigar of 2012 has routinely been the Little Boris. I've attempted to smoke 7 of them. One tasted and drew ok. The rest were all horribly tight and unsmokable past 1". It's my only box of them, so I at least hope somebody out there is enjoying some functional sticks. Any luck fellas?
I only wish the Lil Boris I smoked had been plugged, so I could have pitched it sooner! :grin:

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
I only wish the Lil Boris I smoked had been plugged, so I could have pitched it sooner! :grin:
Well for you guys that are pitching your little Boris cigars, I'd be willing to trade for a couple :)

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Well for you guys that are pitching your little Boris cigars, I'd be willing to trade for a couple :)
PM sent! :)

BrooksW

BoM June '09
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Tat Wolfie
You can't be serious?

I'm sorry to hear that, the 15 or so Little Boris I have smoked have all been phenomenal with nary a problem, one of the best of the year for me, easily...

**shrug**

TimEye

Tim
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
25 Miles South of the Football Hall of Fame
I can say the most disappointing cigar I smoked in 2012 was an AF 77 "Shark"!!! Piece of shit right from the start, harsh with no discernible flavors, burned crooked and would NOT stay lit ( I properly stored and dry boxed it prior to smoking )! I ditched it in frustration.....I bought two, and paid $20 ( for a $9 cigar ) a piece because I really wanted to see what all the hype was about. The other one is buried in the humidor, as someone told me they need to age at least a year. So disappointing because I am a Fuente fan.

Next would be the Davidoff Special T that I purchased in the Davidoff shop in the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Again, tasted like shit, wrapper kept flaking off near the head.... $20 cigar and I had to pitch it.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I bought a fiver of Tat Wolfman's last year and waited until haloween to smoke them this year. Probably one of the most disapointing cigars I have had. Super loose draw, hardly any smoke production, and a PITA to keep the burn going straight. All I got out of the stick was slightly sweet tobacco and some barnyard notes.

Biggest waste of 13$ ever.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There have been several terrible cigars this year. Topping the list is a TL Johnson 1963 Churchill...oiled to death, and completely unsmokable.
Also tried a Quorum Robusto...Sharp taste, nasty film in the mouth...ugh.
A few others that were disappointing, but none stick out as much as those two.

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Tat Wolfie
You can't be serious?

I'm sorry to hear that, the 15 or so Little Boris I have smoked have all been phenomenal with nary a problem, one of the best of the year for me, easily...

**shrug**
Not joking here. They were rolled so dang tight you'd think you were puffing on a rock. Maybe the torcedors were hungover on a Friday afternoon when they got around to my box. Oh well.

edit: all my Lil Boris sticks are now spoken for.

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
For me, it was the AB Prensado. Incredibly over-hyped IMO, though I admit smoking only one. After that one and a Family Blend I'm not sure I'll be looking at the AB portfolio anymore. I had probably 4 relights with the Prensado, and I couldn't choke back half the stick before I just gave up. There was a flavor I still can't place that makes me want to cringe thinking about it.

I think this is a great thread though, as I've seen several of my favorites this year posted. I can't help but wonder how much of it is related to variations in production/care or differences in individual palate.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
For me, it was the AB Prensado. Incredibly over-hyped IMO, though I admit smoking only one. After that one and a Family Blend I'm not sure I'll be looking at the AB portfolio anymore. I had probably 4 relights with the Prensado, and I couldn't choke back half the stick before I just gave up. There was a flavor I still can't place that makes me want to cringe thinking about it.

I think this is a great thread though, as I've seen several of my favorites this year posted. I can't help but wonder how much of it is related to variations in production/care or differences in individual palate.
I agree, but only to the extent that it was over-hyped due to the CA thing. It was a good cigar at the cheap prices it fetched before the mag got hold of it. It's all about value, imo. The Prensado is a $5 stick for me, regardless of size.