What's new

Worst cigar of 2017.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
So you only release certain cigars to customers if "you feel" they will appreciate it?

That's some bad business moves imo, a paying customer should get what they desire wether you think they will appreciate it or not ...

But that's just my opinion
What you need to realize is that my shop is in the heart of the bar district 5 blocks from asu. I have seen enough limited release cigars go to stupid drunks whove never had a cigar before, who take one puff and mash it in the ashtray. So yeah, I would rather wait for people to ask if we have ligas or black honeys rather than put them on the shelf and see them wasted. Thats what cohiba red dots and gurkhas are for.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
What you need to realize is that my shop is in the heart of the bar district 5 blocks from asu. I have seen enough limited release cigars go to stupid drunks whove never had a cigar before, who take one puff and mash it in the ashtray. So yeah, I would rather wait for people to ask if we have ligas or black honeys rather than put them on the shelf and see them wasted. Thats what cohiba red dots and gurkhas are for.
also i'm pretty sure you said you had some singles out so people who know what it is can easily ask you if you have more. I don't get the big deal here.... Chuck quick being a chuck!

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Ah so you have an emotional attachment to those cigars? I mean, if theyre paying retail for them... they have the right to toss them into an ashtray if they decide to. In the end, the B&M made a sale and kept the doors open.... I have pitched plenty of Ligas in my days. Along with other premium NCs. Never had a lounge hide the good stuff based on personal feelings.

But those are just my thoughts. It would be funny if Famous began restricting cigars to newbie smokers.

Josh Smith

Opus junkie
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I
Ah so you have an emotional attachment to those cigars? I mean, if theyre paying retail for them... they have the right to toss them into an ashtray if they decide to. In the end, the B&M made a sale and kept the doors open.... I have pitched plenty of Ligas in my days. Along with other premium NCs. Never had a lounge hide the good stuff based on personal feelings.

But those are just my thoughts. It would be funny if Famous began restricting cigars to newbie smokers.
I didn't finish the first opus I bought as a newbie didn't get through the first 3rd

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
also i'm pretty sure you said you had some singles out so people who know what it is can easily ask you if you have more. I don't get the big deal here.... Chuck quick being a chuck!
Lol nobody is arguing just discussing ....

once again... he said earlier...

" I keep the Feral Pigs under the shelves too, if I think a customer will appreciate it I tell them we have it. "

I always thought that if the customer wanted something and it was in stock, they could get it. Regardless of wether or not you "felt" like they would appreciate it or not

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Sounds like JJ will not sell you premiums if you go to his store.
Haha Chuck I really dont give a single shit about how you think I should run my shop. I do what works for my bottom line and my regulars, and if you would refrain from disparaging a shop youll never go to run by someone youll never meet, thatd be awesome.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Haha Chuck I really dont give a single shit about how you think I should run my shop. I do what works for my bottom line and my regulars, and if you would refrain from disparaging a shop youll never go to run by someone youll never meet, thatd be awesome.
Oh ok. Hope the business plan works long term. Wish you the best JJ.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Worst cigars I’ve had this year were 1. H. Upmann Yarguera..one of the worst tasting cigars I have ever had.

2. Montecristo White Vintage..just meh

3. Opus X Angels Share. Not impressed at all especially considering it was a $13 cigar.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
La Barba Red (the 52, or whatever hell they label the robusto size at). It was so loose I think it was previously under contract with Brazzers and had zero flavor (probably a good thing)

Velvet Rat. I enjoy some other DE blends, but this was so tough/hard that I could've given it to my dog as a chew toy and didn't taste anything like a Unico, UC, LP9 etc.

Tied are Mi Quierda, LC17 46 and Surrogates Cracker Crumbs. Just didn't live up to the hype. (Altho the crumbs and larger LC17s I'm giving 6 months)

Coincrazed

"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum."
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Worst cigar I smoked this year, (I know I might get a lot of flack saying this, but here goes) was a Drew Estate Liga Undercrown Maduro in Toro size. I really wanted to like it since I love DE. but that cigar man, I know it was well kept and I got it at a local B&M get-together along with a Joya Red. The Joya Red smoked just fine..... The Undercrown I smoked a few days later and ended up putting it out in the first third due to the fact it refused to stay lit, burned uneven, and the flavors I was getting were so lackluster. Maybe I got a dud. But I was super disappointed to say the least.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Went to DE event at local b&m, the shop owner just didn't bring in any good product prior so I got stuck with a DE natural. Didnt think it was a flavored cigar prior to lighting it but i guess it was (? I think it was a dirt torpedo).. it was just was so bad for me. Too sweet, I had have a strong coffee with it to offset the flavor, and it made me nauseous.. and i ate a full meal beforehand

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I've never been a Drew Estate fan but that Muwat was incredibly bad. It was probably a dud because if they all taste like that, they'd never sell more than one to any one customer. Anyone else had a bad experience with the Muwat?
I had the MUWAT Night Crawler and it burned fine and was enjoyable with only a month or two of age in my humidor on it. Not the best cigar I've smoked this year, but definitely wasn't terrible. Try the smaller ring gauge and see what you think.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
My worst cigar of the year was probably AJ's New World. Although I've had a pretty good year avoiding any shit sticks this one just didn't hit the mark for me. I am going to try another one just to be sure since I typically really enjoy all of AJ's other blends.